Experiences with MK Gold Star blades? | Golden Skate

Experiences with MK Gold Star blades?

jennyanydots

On the Ice
I just ordered a pair of MK Gold Star blades and just wanted to hear other skater's experiences with them. I currently use MK Visions jumping up to double loop, which are okay but I don't particularly love them. Probably doesn't help that the rocker is a little messed up due to some iffy sharpenings. I wanted try out the Revolution blades which aren't available in the Vision profile so I needed to either upgrade or downgrade to Professionals. At first I was leaning towards Phantoms but figured I'd probably kill myself with the monster toe pick. Plus I'm weaker on spins so decided to go with the Gold Stars. I do have a bad habit of missing my toe pick on axel and other edge jump take-offs and am kind of concerned about the more pronounced Gold Star rocker.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Too bad you didn't choose Phantoms. I love, love, love mine. I have all singles and inconsistent doubles up to loop.

jennyanydots

On the Ice
Aw, really? I was so torn between the two. Too bad can't have it both ways. Oh well. I'll make myself love them no matter what.