Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: Lysacek's road to Sochi starts to get serious

Meanwhile, does anyone actually know anything about what's going on with Evan?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I believe that Sasha could come back starting from USA nationals, because she didnt need a minimum TES score kept from previous seasons back then?

Custom Title
    I am also looking for news on Evan..

Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post

Custom Title
    I think you are right..

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Is anyone seriously thinking Evan will skate at Nationals anymore. The only thing I am waiting for is the WD announcement.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    It has been said by the USFSA that he needs to have the minimum TES score BEFORE Nationals in order to be considered for the Olympics. His last opportunity to do so begins on December 10. So basically all we're waiting for now is the withdrawal announcement (though no doubt he will leave that as late as possible, and the replacement skater will be disadvantaged).

No doubt in the meantime he'll still be milking his sponsors with the "I'm going to Sochi!" line...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetskates1 View Post
    I am also looking for news on Evan..
    Is everyone getting a little scared that they don't know what Evan is doing? Are your other American men not good enough that you all suddenly need to know what's going on and need Evan on the scene?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    It has been said by the USFSA that he needs to have the minimum TES score BEFORE Nationals in order to be considered for the Olympics. His last opportunity to do so begins on December 10. So basically all we're waiting for now is the withdrawal announcement (though no doubt he will leave that as late as possible, and the replacement skater will be disadvantaged).

No doubt in the meantime he'll still be milking his sponsors with the "I'm going to Sochi!" line...
    At least if Evan goes with the "I'm going to Sochi!" line, it's going to be more believeable than Max Aaron doing promos for Team USA.

Custom Title
    Sasha got a bye to Nationals since she was a medalist a the previous Olympics. Had she finished top 2 she would have had to be sent to Four Continents or another event to get the minimum qualifying TES for the Olympics. It is pretty ridiculous to realize but according to some people I have spoken to they were even considering putting her on the team after her 4th place finish, and it was the reason for the very long meeting and delayed announcement of the team.
    I don't think there was a minimum qualifying TES during the 2006-2010 season?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by splatgoesthequad View Post
    At least if Evan goes with the "I'm going to Sochi!" line, it's going to be more believeable than Max Aaron doing promos for Team USA.
    Except that Max is actually out there and competing, automatically making it more believable for him to go to Sochi than Lysacek, who we haven't seen in FOUR YEARS.

And seriously - who else would you put on there? Abbott can't be trusted. I'd like to believe Rippon's changed his ways, but I'm wary. Brown and Farris are young, so young...

Custom Title

It has been said by the USFSA that he needs to have the minimum TES score BEFORE Nationals in order to be considered for the Olympics. His last opportunity to do so begins on December 10. So basically all we're waiting for now is the withdrawal announcement (though no doubt he will leave that as late as possible, and the replacement skater will be disadvantaged ).

Evan earned a bye b/c he won a medal at the last Olympics. If he WD, there will be no replacement skater.

Banned
    Except that Max is actually out there and competing, automatically making it more believable for him to go to Sochi than Lysacek, who we haven't seen in FOUR YEARS.

And seriously - who else would you put on there? Abbott can't be trusted. I'd like to believe Rippon's changed his ways, but I'm wary. Brown and Farris are young, so young...
    Max can't land a quad to save himself. The kid has been a zamboni in every GP event. Jeremy is at least able to put a program on the ice that is complete. He has the artistry and the technique to win. Max has neither. Unless you're like the judges and giving sympathy points for his pathetic interpretation of Evan Lysacek programs. Apparently Lori Nichol doesn't even think Max can do well with anything new she creates, so she's got him imitating an "idol" of his.

Custom Title
    Sasha got a bye to Nationals since she was a medalist a the previous Olympics. Had she finished top 2 she would have had to be sent to Four Continents or another event to get the minimum qualifying TES for the Olympics. It is pretty ridiculous to realize but according to some people I have spoken to they were even considering putting her on the team after her 4th place finish, and it was the reason for the very long meeting and delayed announcement of the team.
    There was no minimum qualifying TES for the 2010 Olympics.

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    Seriously?? I assume in place of Mirai who nailed seven triples (yeah yeah the "downgrades" which only the caller saw). There was no way Sasha deserved a place on the Olympic team. You'd think even Mr.Nicks would say so. And why Sasha who placed 4th instead of Ashley in 3rd. I still love Ashley's B-face when she realized Mirai just edged her out by a tiny margin. I can only imagine what Ashley would have done if they went below her and picked Sasha for the team....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by splatgoesthequad View Post
    Max can't land a quad to save himself. The kid has been a zamboni in every GP event. Jeremy is at least able to put a program on the ice that is complete. He has the artistry and the technique to win. Max has neither. Unless you're like the judges and giving sympathy points for his pathetic interpretation of Evan Lysacek programs. Apparently Lori Nichol doesn't even think Max can do well with anything new she creates, so she's got him imitating an "idol" of his.
    Ah. I see. Butthurt Abbott fan who still can't handle that Abbott choked at Nationals and Max nailed it. Got ya.

Banned
    Ah. I see. Butthurt Abbott fan who still can't handle that Abbott choked at Nationals and Max nailed it. Got ya.
    Ah, butthurt Aaron fan from this year who can't accept that he really can't compete with the best. Nailed it. Got ya.

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast