Lysacek's road to Sochi starts to get serious | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Lysacek's road to Sochi starts to get serious

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Well I don't know about pangtongfan's past record or future predictions #1-6, but I do agree that Evan Lysacek's competitive career is over, and we won't be seeing him at any major international eligible competitions in the future.

niami

Rinkside
Call it what you want but it has panned out exactly as I predicted 2 years ago. The matter of fact is I am pretty much right on everything I have ever predicted. You might not be familiar with me but here is a rundown of my correct predictions in the last few years since I joined this forum:

1. I predicted before the 2010 Olympics Evan would win gold, despite not being a fan of his. Most people said I was crazy, as despite being reigning World Champion he wasnt seen as favorite. I was right.
But you weren't on this forum before the 2010 Olympics. Your join date is June 2010.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Can I have the BIG GOLD STAR too?:p

Of course! I'm pretty much the Oprah of big, gold stars. :biggrin:

But you have to earn it though, by making rare, not-so-obvious predictions that you 'feel strongly enough to declare'... you know, like Yu Na Kim winning a second OGM or Miki Ando not making the Japanese team. ;)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
So if he can't skate at Skate America, how is he going to qualify per ISU? Does he get a bye because of that gold medal from four years ago?

Yep just like Sasha Cohen Evan gets to go to nationals. I think it is a dumb rule but the dream lives on for Evan or does it???

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yep just like Sasha Cohen Evan gets to go to nationals. I think it is a dumb rule but the dream lives on for Evan or does it???

Because of the OLY gold Evan can show up and skate at U. S. Nationals without any preceding competitions. However, he does need to compete at some international event to gain the minimum TES scores for the short program and free skate in order to compete at 4CC or the Olympics. I don't remember the exact cut off date for meeting the minimum TES but it is around January 27 so there are some options like Ice Challenge Graz and Golden Spin Zagreb.

Icey

Record Breaker
No film was allowed at Champs Camp.

I guess I just don't trust Lysacek to wait out the period that the doctors specify, or to ease back into things. He never has before. It will not surprise me in the least when he withdraws from Nationals with another or a flare-up of the same injury.

Frank needs to lock him in a room until the period has passed and be sure it is small enough he can't do skating moves in it. lol Seriously, you would think he would have leaned by now.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I see personal attacks still the only way to try and make your points when it comes to those superior to you. Some things will never change. :laugh:

Your post was self-aggrandizing, pretentious, and, frankly, pretty douchy. You might as well have said "Welcome to the forum... in case you don't know who I am, let me go on a tirade of how much awesomer I am than everyone else."

The funny thing is, you think people actually care about your predictions, as if they somehow legitimize you. :laugh: Whatever helps ya sleep at night, bud. :agree:

gmyers

Record Breaker
why would you change your username from a retired skater to one that was obviously on the way out as well? Sure P/T continued but aren't they retired now? Time to change again! LOL!!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am truly sorry Evan is injured. That being said I am not sure why so many of are not surprsied. I mean no one wants to get hurt. And it might be "expected" because he is coming back not only from other injuries but lack of competition and unlike Y una he was or has not been skating at that competitive level as long or as much as her. Not to mention, Evan's win in 2010 while perhaps granted (though arguments can be made Plushy culd have won and when it is barely ap oint difference that is made out by the scores) was not exactly unanimous with Takahashi, Chan, Fernandez, Hanyu, Oda or the third Japanese man not o mention Amodio, Joubert, the Czech boys, Plushy, Max Aaron and Reynold there is no guarantee he'll even make top ten and that assumes he makes the American team. THis is a bit mean but how I feel. Evan I am sure you are a nice person and congrats on 2010 OGM but you had your chance, you really got lucky and you know so don't push it. Stop trying to steal the limelight. Let it go = you probably got more than you deserved already. Go off with Johnny Weir into the sunset

gmyers

Record Breaker
I will likely ask for permission to create a new account for myself after Sochi as well. Right now they are not "retired" as much as you and others might wish them to be. They are also still quite relevant. After all they won the bronze at this past years Grand Prix final, ahead of the to come World bronze medalists, and that was with alot of mistakes and being further from their best. At the previous years Worlds they were 4th with a mini meltdown, behind a team who is now split up. They are very much in contention for atleast the bronze in Sochi still. Hopefully they will stick it to their haters and win a medal in Sochi to go out, after being robbed of a medal in Turin, and a gold in Vancouver by poor judging.

I literally thought they had retired! It wasn't to be insulting.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
we all have our favourites. I wonder if Pang and tong might have won Vancouver OGM - some say they should have won but iroically they are like the team that beat them - really wanted ogm and came back just for gold. I do think V and T or S squared are the the teams to beat. You kind of have to cheer for Kavaguti and Smirnov who sort of have fallen off the radar. pang and Tong have an olympic medal already I would ilke to see someone else like the Canadians or K and S get an OBM.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
we all have our favourites. I wonder if Pang and tong might have won Vancouver OGM - some say they should have won but iroically they are like the team that beat them - really wanted ogm and came back just for gold. I do think V and T or S squared are the the teams to beat. You kind of have to cheer for Kavaguti and Smirnov who sort of have fallen off the radar. pang and Tong have an olympic medal already I would ilke to see someone else like the Canadians or K and S get an OBM.

P/T winning gold is arguable but they were outskated by S/Z (even if they did skate clean) in the SP, and in the LP, Shen and Zhao's botched lift wasn't enough to make up the deficit. P/T have been a solid, lovely pair but they're not particularly exciting or have that connection that I look for in memorable pairs teams. Also, I'd be a bit surprised if they won bronze in Sochi... they've been steadily on the decline due to injuries and general wear and tear.

I predict they'll essentially mirror what Lambiel was Vancouver... former World champion, on the decline, essentially having to compete so that their federation gets a good result, and probably skates decently for a respectable placement but not strong enough to make the podium.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Oh yeah, I forgot the federation. I really wish P and T would be able to retire and skate in shows. The injuries seem to have caught up to them and my ìllogical side says it is time to let someone else have the Olympic glory but I do understand the drive for OGM or even a medal.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Oh yeah, I forgot the federation. I really wish P and T would be able to retire and skate in shows. The injuries seem to have caught up to them and my ìllogical side says it is time to let someone else have the Olympic glory but I do understand the drive for OGM or even a medal.

Yup, and I do want them there, even though a lot of people hate on them. They'll make the bronze fight actually interesting, and they're still one of the best teams in the world, and of course China's best shot at an Olympic medal.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
TANGENT ALERT!!! :confused::unsure:

And the relationship that the Chinese pairs have to Evan ... is ...? :laugh:

They both are starting to wilt, they both are getting older with injuries and they both are getting a bit stale and could do with a new coat of paint and then some.