Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Lysacek's road to Sochi starts to get serious

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Lysacek officially out of Skate America

He announced at the USOC media summit today that he cannot compete at Skate America because of injuries.
    Per Phil Hersh, Evan has a torn labrum.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Presser ongoing with Lysacek, Aaron, Abbott, Wagner, Zawadzki, Gold.

I guess/hope that the ice dancers and pairs skaters will have a separate presser??
    ETA, maybe the dancers and pairs are on a slightly different schedule than the singles skaters. @MaiaShibutani just tweeted that @AlexShibutani and she trained this morning at home and will be en route to Park City today.

And BTW,@USFigureSkating tweeted that Michelle Kwan is at the summit as part of the media -- b/c of her role in Fox Sports coverage of the Olympics.

So if he can't skate at Skate America, how is he going to qualify per ISU? Does he get a bye because of that gold medal from four years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    So if he can't skate at Skate America, how is he going to qualify per ISU? Does he get a bye because of that gold medal from four years ago?
    Do not think he gets a bye.

The tweets are coming fast and furious, but I'm pretty sure I saw one about finding an international competition for him in order to qualify for Sochi.

ETA, see this tweet from AP, which says so:

ETA, and this one from IN reporter @amyrosewater:
    @EvanLysacek said he has been assured by @USFigureSkating that he can enter another international event to post score needed for Sochi.
    8:26 AM - 30 Sep 13
    https://twitter.com/amyrosewater/sta...00816570847232

Custom Title
    I'm sorry that Lysacek is injured and wish him a speedy - and complete - recovery. I do think it's a good thing, though, that it has been announced this early and not - as has been speculated - a day or two before the event. And no doubt a Senior B later in the season will be found for him - why not? Maybe NRW or Golden Spin - those are later in the season, are they not?

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    I guess/hope that the ice dancers and pairs skaters will have a separate presser??
    Shibs posted on twitter a little while ago that they were headed to the media summit so I assume you are correct.

Shibs posted on twitter a little while ago that they were headed to the media summit so I assume you are correct.
    LOL, great minds ... I just got through editing my post above to include Maia's tweet.

So he expects to keep on training with a torn labrum? I suppose it depends on the extent but it's doutbful that it will withstand further 3A and quad training. Even if he does manage to push through it the permanent damage cannot be worth it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyanydots View Post
    So he expects to keep on training with a torn labrum? I suppose it depends on the extent but it's doutbful that it will withstand further 3A and quad training. Even if he does manage to push through it the permanent damage cannot be worth it.
    I think this is it for Evan. He needs surgery, not another international event.

Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    I think this is it for Evan. He needs surgery, not another international event.
    I think he knows it, judging by the pics I've seen he was the only one decked out in all team USA swag... I think he's here strictly to keep media attention on skating - at least for now...

And, at least, I hope that's why he is still toying with the idea... I don't want him skating injured to the point where it does permanent harm.

Custom Title

I think he knows it, judging by the pics I've seen he was the only one decked out in all team USA swag... I think he's here strictly to keep media attention on skating - at least for now...

And, at least, I hope that's why he is still toying with the idea... I don't want him skating injured to the point where it does permanent harm.
    ALL skaters were wearing Team USA swag. Evan was wearing Ralph Lauren Team USA attire. The other skaters were wearing Nike Team USA attire.

Custom Title
    Evan cannot compete in Sochi with a torn labrum. He needs surgery, and with surgery HE CANNOT COMPETE IN SOCHI. It's over, Evan. Time to go on to the next stage in life.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    ALL skaters were wearing Team USA swag. Evan was wearing Ralph Lauren Team USA attire. The other skaters were wearing Nike Team USA attire.
    Yes, the khaki-colored jackets that the skaters other than Lysacek are wearing seem to be USOC team swag.
    In this photo that I posted in the Max Aaron thread, M.A. is wearing one, and the view of Jeremy Abbott's is even better.

For comic relief, check out the expression on poor EL's face in this photo #UmmmWhatDoesOneSayToTheWeatherChannel? :

@MikeJenkinsTV
    2010 figure skating gold medalist Evan Lysacek talks w/@weatherchannel about Sochi humidity & soft ice #MediaSummit pic.twitter.com/xjXMvpLSHP
    10:57 AM - 30 Sep 13
    https://twitter.com/MikeJenkinsTV/st...38819808841728

(Don't mean to make light of EL's injuries. I hope that he is on the road to recovery.)

Well, this comeback story is so

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast