Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 486

Thread: Lysacek's road to Sochi starts to get serious

  1. #436
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by IcyEdges View Post
    His coaching staff, teammates, family and friends, as well as sponsors and supporters are behind him.
    Well, duh.

  2. #437
    Medalist IcyEdges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by spread beagle View Post
    Well, duh.
    Well thanks for your long thought out super intelligent response!

  3. #438
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    216
    Honestly? I'd completely forgotten about him :P

  4. #439
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    posted in error. delete . sorry

  5. #440
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    Hurry and get here December 10th. Are there any here of the mind he will register for that event knowing he doesn't plan to show up for it?

  6. #441
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,725
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    The DEADLINE to enter the Ukrainian Open is December 10th. The competition is December 18-21.
    I appear to have made an error there - I thought I understood that the Ukrainian Open was the 10th. Apparently it is not. It matters little because Lysacek will not show up anyway and that is his last chance. And I doubt he will go to a Senior B RIGHT before Nationals. It is under a month until the first day of Nationals begins.

    And really - is he really so arrogant as to presume he can come back after four years away and just waltz onto the Olympic team, ahead of younger, better skaters who have all been doing the hard yards around the international scene? Even Plushenko was not so presumptuous as that!

    And IcyEdges, don't flatter yourself by imagining that I follow you around GS.

  7. #442
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post

    I appear to have made an error there - I thought I understood that the Ukrainian Open was the 10th. Apparently it is not. It matters little because Lysacek will not show up anyway and that is his last chance. And I doubt he will go to a Senior B RIGHT before Nationals. It is under a month until the first day of Nationals begins.

    And really - is he really so arrogant as to presume he can come back after four years away and just waltz onto the Olympic team, ahead of younger, better skaters who have all been doing the hard yards around the international scene? Even Plushenko was not so presumptuous as that!

    And IcyEdges, don't flatter yourself by imagining that I follow you around GS.

    Lysacek did not 'assume' that he could wait four years and waltz back on to the Olympic team. That is why he started training full time several years ago. That is why Lysacek had two competition programs ready for last season (Poeta & S&D). Unfortunately the groin injury & the surgery to repair the torn abdominal muscle kept him from competing.

    When I spoke to Evan in July, he stated that he was pain free and was looking forward to competing again. Unfortunately, in late August, Evan suffered a slight abdominal tear and a torn hip labrum. Both injuries are painful injuries that required downtime from training. Evan has undergone physical therapy and has resumed training. However, time is the enemy... It is doubtful that Lysacek will be healed enough in time to compete. If Lysacek does not compete, it will not be from lack of desire and effort.

  8. #443
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,579
    Concerning internet, we are all nobodies commenting on a forum and not all people know the inside situation of a skater, thats why there is speculation, most of us are simple fs fans. The board is for discussing.

  9. #444
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,495
    I am speculating but I think we would have seen more of Evan had he not been so injured. I feel like we are waiting fro the withdrawl. But EVan is a competitor and you never know but he is OGM champion something Patrick or Dai will never be or most likely won't be.

  10. #445
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,092
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamForeman View Post
    I know Alissa graduated from college, so I wonder how she'd feel if she got a 0% on a final exam, not because she didn't show up, but because she DID and couldn't do it.
    She would feel bad.

  11. #446
    Medalist IcyEdges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I appear to have made an error there - I thought I understood that the Ukrainian Open was the 10th. Apparently it is not. It matters little because Lysacek will not show up anyway and that is his last chance. And I doubt he will go to a Senior B RIGHT before Nationals. It is under a month until the first day of Nationals begins.

    And really - is he really so arrogant as to presume he can come back after four years away and just waltz onto the Olympic team, ahead of younger, better skaters who have all been doing the hard yards around the international scene? Even Plushenko was not so presumptuous as that!

    And IcyEdges, don't flatter yourself by imagining that I follow you around GS.

    Karne, keep assuming you know everything. And you following me around would hardly be flattery, you shouldn't talk yourself up like that. Besides, that's hardly what I was referring to with my previous comment anyway.

    Also, I wouldnt call the younger skaters "More talented". And in reference to calling Evan Presumptuous, just NO. Don't even go there.
    Re: Plushy. Plushy didn't have to be "presumptuous" he already knows he has a free pass to Sochi. Are you kidding me?!

  12. #447
    Medalist IcyEdges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Concerning internet, we are all nobodies commenting on a forum and not all people know the inside situation of a skater, thats why there is speculation, most of us are simple fs fans. The board is for discussing.
    Exactly. My point with the "nobodies" etc was that not everyone can be an insider, and also its fine for "simple fans" to discuss but the bashing needs to stop.

  13. #448
    Medalist IcyEdges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    Lysacek did not 'assume' that he could wait four years and waltz back on to the Olympic team. That is why he started training full time several years ago. That is why Lysacek had two competition programs ready for last season (Poeta & S&D). Unfortunately the groin injury & the surgery to repair the torn abdominal muscle kept him from competing.

    When I spoke to Evan in July, he stated that he was pain free and was looking forward to competing again. Unfortunately, in late August, Evan suffered a slight abdominal tear and a torn hip labrum. Both injuries are painful injuries that required downtime from training. Evan has undergone physical therapy and has resumed training. However, time is the enemy... It is doubtful that Lysacek will be healed enough in time to compete. If Lysacek does not compete, it will not be from lack of desire and effort.
    Thank you Skatefan66

  14. #449
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    But he could still compete at Nationals for a place on the world team, couldn't he, even though he would not be eligible for the Olympic team---- so all his effort is not in vain.

  15. #450
    Medalist IcyEdges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    75
    So...did he finally make you all happy?!

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •