Just checking in... | Golden Skate

Just checking in...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Hope you are all well and doing fine....
I have my nose to the grindstone doing my summer trips.
Just got back from a motorcycle trip to South West Canada (Kootenay Lake, Okanagon Lake), where I found the Canadians just as nice as they were in London.
Less than two weeks now till I am back on the bike to the Reno Nat. Air Races...then I can get back on the board and have you fill me in on who is gonna do what
this season at the rinks around the world....
The old Coyote

Chris, how good to hear from you! I was just thinking of you yesterday and wondering whether anyone had heard from you. Your motorcycle journeys sound delightful. We look forward to seeing you back on the boards. Plenty of news and predictions for you to enjoy when you return. Meanwhile, enjoy and stay safe!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Chris, I immediately thought of you when the link went up to the nice interview with Lynn & Logan went up on n.halifax's blog (in the Announcements folder)

We've had a busy summer ourselves!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Glad hear you two are bright eyed and bushy tailed....I on the other hand am running around like a chicken with my head cut off. My living room looks like a hand grenade went off in the camping dept of a sporting goods store...
After Worlds, I have been to the Quigley shoot in eastern Montana....
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/CoyoteChris303/library/Quigley 2013?sort=3&page=1

to a dog show with my wife in Redmond Or.

My friend Joe and I got on our bikes and went to the Honda Sport Touring Rally at Spearfish SD, and we saw Glacier NP and Yellowstone.
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/CoyoteChris303/library/Spearfish2013?sort=3&page=1

Then I drove to Oshkosh Wi. to see the EAA Fly in. (Biggest air show in the world)
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/CoyoteChris303/library/Oshkosh2013?sort=3&page=1

And now I have returned from motorcycleing around southern Canada with my friend John...
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/CoyoteChris303/library/Canada 2013?sort=3&page=1

Gotta check out the link to L and L...

Have fun, stay safe, and have a great summer!

The old coyote

What wonderful photos, Chris. You got some great sunsets on film, and even a rainbow. I love that humongous tower of pizzas! Everyone looks to be having a fine time out there. I'm glad you have been having such an enjoyable summer. Thanks for sharing it with us.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Still haven't made it to Alaska! Must get there some time. One of my friends from the Spearfish rally left there and went to Alaska, came back south, and is now riding his bike around the four corners of the US. He is crazier than I am!
http://ptarman1.com/
What wonderful photos, Chris. You got some great sunsets on film, and even a rainbow. I love that humongous tower of pizzas! Everyone looks to be having a fine time out there. I'm glad you have been having such an enjoyable summer. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Still haven't made it to Alaska! Must get there some time. One of my friends from the Spearfish rally left there and went to Alaska, came back south, and is now riding his bike around the four corners of the US. He is crazier than I am!
http://ptarman1.com/

when you do make it up here, be sure to let me know and I will give you a "REAL ALASKA" tour instead of a tourist trap one.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks for the offer! I think I would enjoy the cruise trip way to see the inland passage.....
Chris

when you do make it up here, be sure to let me know and I will give you a "REAL ALASKA" tour instead of a tourist trap one.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
True! There is so much history and so much beauty. and good food!!!!..but that is true of most places.....regrettably, I am 64 and there is so little time left to see everything....the main thing is to "enjoy the ride" through life....

Ugh, you'd miss so much if you just did the cruise.

True! There is so much history and so much beauty. and good food!!!!..but that is true of most places.....regrettably, I am 64 and there is so little time left to see everything....the main thing is to "enjoy the ride" through life....

You seem to do a good job of seizing life with both hands, Chris.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

I know, I've lived my entire 28 years here and I haven't seen half the state. That being said IF I were to do a trip to Alaska I'd not rely just on a cruise. Maybe take the Inside Passage, from Vancouver to Seward, and then travel the road system. It'd be 2-3 weeks, but WELL WORTH IT. The inside passage is one tourist trap after the other. The road system is more Alaskan, less stereotype.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ugh, you'd miss so much if you just did the cruise.

The main reason to do the cruise (or at least some of one) is to see glaciers up close and personal from the ocean end. The biggest disappointment about the cruise is that nearly all the "cruising" takes place in the dark when you can't see the shore (and may be asleep). Also, the big ships can't make it through Wrangell Narrows :cry:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
The main reason to do the cruise (or at least some of one) is to see glaciers up close and personal from the ocean end. The biggest disappointment about the cruise is that nearly all the "cruising" takes place in the dark when you can't see the shore (and may be asleep). Also, the big ships can't make it through Wrangell Narrows :cry:

any more it seems they make it so that you don't see the glaciers up close without also purchasing an extra excursion for a smaller boat to take you out. :-/

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Now that is too bad. They are an amazing sight.

I haven't taken a cruise for obvious reasons (why pay to see what we get for free by living here? lol) but I've had people complain to us coming off cruises that they had to pay extra. Everything people see on the Inside Passage can see from Seward or even Whittier. Some folks wish they knew that before boarding a ship. Though it's not that hard to do your homework on a trip to Alaska - it's just most people don't realize how LARGE it is... so many folks think Kenai is a couple hours away from Denali... or that you can drive to Nome.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I think I would be happier on one of the smaller, eco boat tours but they want one arm, one leg, and a quart of blood....especially if you have no one to share a cabin with....
Off on the bike to Stead, NEVada in 8 days....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fOXtMjWnUA&feature=share&list=PLH9N7loHYwCeL9FLQH3IXnCAtY94SuIXA
(see if you can spot the old coyote....Hint: I am wearing Orange)

I haven't taken a cruise for obvious reasons (why pay to see what we get for free by living here? lol) but I've had people complain to us coming off cruises that they had to pay extra. Everything people see on the Inside Passage can see from Seward or even Whittier. Some folks wish they knew that before boarding a ship. Though it's not that hard to do your homework on a trip to Alaska - it's just most people don't realize how LARGE it is... so many folks think Kenai is a couple hours away from Denali... or that you can drive to Nome.