IceNetwork season pass | Page 3 | Golden Skate

IceNetwork season pass

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
IceNetwork. Well intended but a D- on execution.

Yes - arguably the site could have used some freshening up. The "images" and look at first blush is more dynamic. But, honestly, I find it harder to navigate and it sure seems like the content is either diminished or simply less accessible. I mean, the MAJORITY of skaters no longer have profiles which can be searched. WHAT'S THAT ABOUT?

And to have SO MANY technical issues with video during the first legit event where people are going to want to tune in?
Amateur hour kind of mistakes.

Yeah, technology glitches happen. The Facebook IPO did NOT go smoothly. But there were huge penalties that followed those snafus.
This 'new launch' at the precise time that they should be trying to attract new subscribers is SO EMBARRASSING. I truly wonder if they think they are not at risk of losing subscribers because after all, they have a MONOPOLY on some events.

Come ON! ICENETWORK. It's 2013. It's an OLYMPIC SEASON!! Get your act together.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I did check the geoblocking list before I paid for mine last year and in the end gave in to the overwhelming temptation of US Nationals. I figured that I could watch the on-demand stuff. Nope. Not even that. Which I don't understand. Sure, geoblock the live stuff. But the on-demand stuff? REALLY? I went to the videos of the US Classic nearly FOUR MONTHS AFTER THE EVENT and I couldn't watch! What is the point of that?!

thomb

Rinkside
I accessed the site yesterday without any problem. I tried today and it is telling me to renew my subscription. I did last month! Anyone else having this issue? I wish I could trust that when I log in, I can access what I am paying for.

SkateOn

Rinkside
I accessed the site yesterday without any problem. I tried today and it is telling me to renew my subscription. I did last month! Anyone else having this issue? I wish I could trust that when I log in, I can access what I am paying for.

I had the same problems today. I just kept logging in (about 5 or 6 times) until it finally accepted it.

It is really annoying and I don't know why they haven't fixed all these issues yet.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
thomb, Welcome to Golden Skate! Post long & often. I feel your frustration. I had that problem during the short dance. I had to log out, clear my Internet cache, and log in again.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
I did check the geoblocking list before I paid for mine last year and in the end gave in to the overwhelming temptation of US Nationals. I figured that I could watch the on-demand stuff. Nope. Not even that. Which I don't understand. Sure, geoblock the live stuff. But the on-demand stuff? REALLY? I went to the videos of the US Classic nearly FOUR MONTHS AFTER THE EVENT and I couldn't watch! What is the point of that?!

geoblocking is not a problem, just google the nett

thomb

Rinkside
Thank you for the welcome and to everyone for sharing their frustrations with Ice Network. At least I now know I am not the only person struggling with the site.

One day later - same story. It is still asking me to subscribe if I want to access what I already paid for! I never had an issue with the site until their recent update. Now, it is so hit or miss, I can never depend it will be available when I am able to watch. So much for on-demand! I have e-mailed them each time I have had an issue and receive the same canned response. Has anyone had any luck getting them to at least acknowledge there are unresolved technical issues?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Can you play the older videos on the site still? (If so, your subscription is paid)
Play them from here:
http://web.icenetwork.com/events/schedule.jsp
Find a video you want to play, try to play it, sign in if it asks you, then hit the back arrow key to watch the video.

If that works:
1. Update Java
2. Update Adobe Flash Player
3. Delete any temporary internet files & cookies (Internet Options in Windows)
4. Enable popups

Other FAQ
http://ww2.icenetwork.com/help/technical

You should be able to login now & play the Salt Lake videos from the front page. The archived video was still not all linked into the new format, last time I checked. You still have to use the link I gave you above to play 2013 Nationals, for example.

Last edited:

James R

Match Penalty
Prices keep rising by $10 every year for the basic figure skating feature.

It's ridiculous. I guess when you have a virtual monopoly you know people have to pay it. Or might universal sports be a better option this time around?

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
and can someone tell me what happened to the video link for the pairs free from SLC? cant find it anywhere anymore! Thought i payed to be able to watch the whole event?!

SkateOn

Rinkside
What I don't understand about IN is why they haven't made their videos available to mobile devices. I can't always be on my desktop at home and frankly I prefer to watch videos on my ipad these days. Because I'm a baseball fan I know they've had an app for years now that you can watch any live game with a paid subscription, so why can't they do they same for IN? It doesn't even need to be an app I guess, just do something to let you watch it on the website.

But I guess with all the issues with the new website this won't happen any time soon.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Actually, I believe the "new site" is an attempt to make IN mobile compatible. However, I could watch IN on my kindlefire last year, as long as I was not using the Silk browser, and the year before with the older model Fire with the usual amazon browser.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I had problems on Friday with IN. Watched it fine early in the day but as the time for ladie's approached it blocked me. I called their Customer Service Hotline. It took an hour being bounced from person to person but they finally resolved the issue. If you have problems don't email them, CALL.

thomb

Rinkside
Thank you, Doris, but that does not work either. Still the same message - I need to subscribe. I have subscribed and already paid for the charge on my credit card bill! What more do I need to do to see what I paid for?!? I regularly clear my internet cache and all relevant software is up to date. Ice Network should just admit the site is not yet fully functional and partially reimburse or somehow compensate current (and frustrated!) subscribers for this inconvenience.

blancanieves

On the Ice
Thank you, Doris, but that does not work either. Still the same message - I need to subscribe. I have subscribed and already paid for the charge on my credit card bill! What more do I need to do to see what I paid for?!? I regularly clear my internet cache and all relevant software is up to date. Ice Network should just admit the site is not yet fully functional and partially reimburse or somehow compensate current (and frustrated!) subscribers for this inconvenience.

My subscription came up for renewal and when I talked to IN on the phone yesterday, they said to consider that they're having technical difficulties with their video (both live streams and archived) before upgrading my subscription. I asked how long until the problem is resolved and they said 1 week to 10 days. I won't pay for renewal until I hear from everyone that things are working again. Oh well, will have to scour the net for video until then.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
thomb, Phone them, don't email them. Since the site is not working well, I'm sure they are swamped at customer service, but I have dealt with their customer service before and they are not bad.

thomb

Rinkside
I wish I could call, but their help line is only available during normal business hours. You would think someone would man the phone evenings or weekends when most people are not working and are likely to use the site!

Still waiting for more than their canned reply. Guess they don't want to admit their technical difficulties in writing.