Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: IceNetwork season pass

Custom Title
    I'm not sure why people are complaining about the price for a IN subscription. I don't think IN has ever shown as many big events live as they will this season. They are even showing Europeans Championships about the only big event they are not showing is of course the Olympics.

i've bought it every year since IN opened their website...so 6 seasons. this will be 7. it's worth it.

Custom Title
    It's worth it if you're in the US, and especially if you're interested in the lower-level qualifying competitions. It's worth it for me.

If you're somewhere else in the world and have to pay full price but will only get to see a small percentage of their offerings because of geoblocking, then it might not be worth it, unless you really want to see those particular events.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Previous years, IN charged $10 extra during the year for some of the big added events. This year the price of the big events is included in the initial subscription.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Previous years, IN charged $10 extra during the year for some of the big added events. This year the price of the big events is included in the initial subscription.
    Not only that but we are getting events that we've never had before such as the European championships and Nebelhorn. Also 4CC's which the IN only showed live once i believe back in 2012.

Rinkside
    dorispulaski - I really hope there's work going on. Right now the site seems pretty dysfunctional.

I am thrilled at the number of events they're offering live this year. I subscribed a few years ago and it was only sort of worth it, but I am happy to pay $50 for the list they have for this season. And I am rarely happy to pay $50 for anything. We don't have a cable subscription so I've only ever been able to watch live whatever Universal Sports decided they were going to broadcast live (not much). So excited about my subscription this season!

Custom Title
    I'm struggling with the new site. Impossible to find archived video. The "look" is more modern but more difficult to navigate. Many athletes no longer have profiles, or maybe it is just difficult to find them or they haven't been updated. Seems to me like the launch of the combination with speed skating was planned with an updated "look" but as far as I'm concerned, I'm so far a frustrated and underwhelmed user.

Sharper cleaner looks are fine but less content and more difficult to navigate... that gets low marks from me. GOE -2

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lcd View Post
    I'm struggling with the new site. Impossible to find archived video. The "look" is more modern but more difficult to navigate. Many athletes no longer have profiles, or maybe it is just difficult to find them or they haven't been updated. Seems to me like the launch of the combination with speed skating was planned with an updated "look" but as far as I'm concerned, I'm so far a frustrated and underwhelmed user.

Sharper cleaner looks are fine but less content and more difficult to navigate... that gets low marks from me. GOE -2
    They should never have launched this new "look" so close to the start of the new season. This should have happened back in May or June not in late August. As for finding the archived video i finally figured it out but now that page is unavailable.

Rinkside
    I'm having the same problems. I'm planning on calling tomorrow just to see what's going on...since the reigning Olympic gold medalist is competing this week in an event I have allegedly paid to see, and I can't even access a schedule of events...
    I found links to the archived video too at one point, but I couldn't actually watch it. It is frustrating, but I'm hoping they'll have it worked out soon. The season is still very early after all.

Rinkside
    I was going to renew my ice network membership but isn't there a USFSA discount code? I thought it was suppose to be emailed to us but I never got one. Does anyone know it?

Custom Title
    I , too am having difficulty with the "new and improved" site. I subscribed again, but it is almost impossible to find content.

It needs a lot of work.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MeganP View Post
    I was going to renew my ice network membership but isn't there a USFSA discount code? I thought it was suppose to be emailed to us but I never got one. Does anyone know it?
    Have you already tried this step?
    "If you have not received an email with a promotional code, don’t worry, with one simple call to U.S. Figure Skating Member Services at 719-635-5200 you can be assigned a one-time use code and be on your way to becoming a Season Pass subscriber."
    http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2013/...-members-only/

(The information above is applicable only to USFS members, of course.)

Custom Title
    I am from Hong Kongs (Chinas), can I watch big events live (GP, Olympics, Worlds) from IceNetwork if I buy the pass?

Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post
    I am from Hong Kongs (Chinas), can I watch big events live (GP, Olympics, Worlds) from IceNetwork if I buy the pass?
    Hi bibi24 If you reside outside of the US you will be blocked. Please read post 5 on page 1.
    Icenetwork is covering just about all major events this season except the Olympics,
    but you will be blocked if you try to access Icenetwork from outside of the US.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post
    Sorry bibi, but for those of us outside the US, the only events we can watch on IceNetwork are US Nationals and the European Champs.

GPs and Worlds are geoblocked, people outside the US can't use IceNetwork to watch. IN also doesn't cover the Olympics.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast