IceNetwork season pass | Page 2 | Golden Skate

IceNetwork season pass

KSchaf

Spectator
dorispulaski - I really hope there's work going on. Right now the site seems pretty dysfunctional. :eek:hwell:

I am thrilled at the number of events they're offering live this year. I subscribed a few years ago and it was only sort of worth it, but I am happy to pay $50 for the list they have for this season. And I am rarely happy to pay $50 for anything. We don't have a cable subscription so I've only ever been able to watch live whatever Universal Sports decided they were going to broadcast live (not much). So excited about my subscription this season!

lcd

Match Penalty
I'm struggling with the new site. Impossible to find archived video. The "look" is more modern but more difficult to navigate. Many athletes no longer have profiles, or maybe it is just difficult to find them or they haven't been updated. Seems to me like the launch of the combination with speed skating was planned with an updated "look" but as far as I'm concerned, I'm so far a frustrated and underwhelmed user.

Sharper cleaner looks are fine but less content and more difficult to navigate... that gets low marks from me. GOE -2

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm struggling with the new site. Impossible to find archived video. The "look" is more modern but more difficult to navigate. Many athletes no longer have profiles, or maybe it is just difficult to find them or they haven't been updated. Seems to me like the launch of the combination with speed skating was planned with an updated "look" but as far as I'm concerned, I'm so far a frustrated and underwhelmed user.

Sharper cleaner looks are fine but less content and more difficult to navigate... that gets low marks from me. GOE -2
They should never have launched this new "look" so close to the start of the new season. This should have happened back in May or June not in late August. As for finding the archived video i finally figured it out but now that page is unavailable. :mad:

KSchaf

Spectator
I'm having the same problems. I'm planning on calling tomorrow just to see what's going on...since the reigning Olympic gold medalist is competing this week in an event I have allegedly paid to see, and I can't even access a schedule of events... :confused:
I found links to the archived video too at one point, but I couldn't actually watch it. It is frustrating, but I'm hoping they'll have it worked out soon. The season is still very early after all.

MeganP

Spectator
I was going to renew my ice network membership but isn't there a USFSA discount code? I thought it was suppose to be emailed to us but I never got one. Does anyone know it?

centerpt1

On the Ice
I , too am having difficulty with the "new and improved" site. I subscribed again, but it is almost impossible to find content.

It needs a lot of work.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I was going to renew my ice network membership but isn't there a USFSA discount code? I thought it was suppose to be emailed to us but I never got one. Does anyone know it?

Have you already tried this step?
"If you have not received an email with a promotional code, don’t worry, with one simple call to U.S. Figure Skating Member Services at 719-635-5200 you can be assigned a one-time use code and be on your way to becoming a Season Pass subscriber."
http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2013...rk-offer-for-u-s-figure-skating-members-only/

(The information above is applicable only to USFS members, of course.)

bibi24

Final Flight
I am from Hong Kongs (Chinas), can I watch big events live (GP, Olympics, Worlds) from IceNetwork if I buy the pass?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I am from Hong Kongs (Chinas), can I watch big events live (GP, Olympics, Worlds) from IceNetwork if I buy the pass?

Hi bibi24 If you reside outside of the US you will be blocked. Please read post 5 on page 1.
Icenetwork is covering just about all major events this season except the Olympics,
but you will be blocked if you try to access Icenetwork from outside of the US.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Sorry bibi, but for those of us outside the US, the only events we can watch on IceNetwork are US Nationals and the European Champs.

GPs and Worlds are geoblocked, people outside the US can't use IceNetwork to watch. IN also doesn't cover the Olympics.

MeganP

Spectator
Thanks golden411-
I did call and that tells you to email. I sent an email but still no response. I was hoping to watch Salt Lake but don't want to pay full price when I know there is a discount for USFS members.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks golden411-
I did call and that tells you to email. I sent an email but still no response. I was hoping to watch Salt Lake but don't want to pay full price when I know there is a discount for USFS members.

Ugggh ... sorry to hear it, Megan. So when the USFS blog said, "Don't worry, with one simple call ...," it was a bad joke. :bang:
(Lest you wonder, I am not an USFS member ... do not have any code myself.)

waxel

Final Flight
I can't navigate the site either. Where are the archived videos? Where do you click to watch live or on-demand?

IN- are you listening??

mare

Rinkside
I have already paid for a season pass but they still will not allow me to access the live coverage even after I've logged in. I sent an email but I'm still waiting for instructions.

Good luck everyone.

oleada

Record Breaker
Have you tried logging out and in again?
This has happened to me before and that has solved the issue.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't navigate the site either. Where are the archived videos? Where do you click to watch live or on-demand?

IN- are you listening??

You have to click on SCHEDULE + RESULTS at the top of the page. It will take you to the page where the calender is then you can go back to whatever events you want to watch.

mare

Rinkside
Thanks for the advice. I re-registered and it worked. The feed is problematic but at least I'm in.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

IN- are you listening??

The archived videos still don't seem to be linked to the schedule-you clink the more button, and there is no more. However, an old version of the site is still accessible, and you can watch the archived videos from here:

http://web.icenetwork.com/events/schedule.jsp

The skater's bios are still a mess for any skaters that aren't on the"featured list".

Results are not linked up properly either-they are best reached from the old version of the site.

The link to the Salt Lake Senior B results is on the IN front page, but not accessible from the Schedule page link for the event. Only the current videos from the event are there.

GF2445

Record Breaker
There is smething very wrong with ice network. They make it so hard for anyone to watch!! I paid for a season pass last uear and it was only after i paid that i was told that i couldnt watch 90% of the events because i was geoblocked!!! Rediculous

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The archived videos still don't seem to be linked to the schedule-you clink the more button, and there is no more. However, an old version of the site is still accessible, and you can watch the archived videos from here:

http://web.icenetwork.com/events/schedule.jsp

The skater's bios are still a mess for any skaters that aren't on the"featured list".

Results are not linked up properly either-they are best reached from the old version of the site.

The link to the Salt Lake Senior B results is on the IN front page, but not accessible from the Schedule page link for the event. Only the current videos from the event are there.
It's strange there are archived videos from the GP last season on IN but nothing from any competition in 2013.