Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Grand Prix streaming

  1. #1
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    71

    Grand Prix streaming

    Do you know if TSN, Eurosport, BT Spors, CnopT, or Sky Sports will have Grand Prix this season. It seems that the "pirates" are getting bolder by now offering a subscription stream service with just about any sport you want for about USD$121 per year, at current exchange rates. I wonder how long until the US pressures the British government to shut them down. If this service does not prompt Congress to crack down on "pirate" streams, I don't know what will.

    They also, for right now, have the NBC east feed, so how much of US Nationals will be available live on NBC this season? And since Skate America, at least in the USA, is exclusive to NBC, I wonder how much of SA will be live on NBC. I would imagine IN, just like Universal, when they had the rights, would not have the rights to SA, because of NBC having the all the broadcast rights in the SA, in the US.

  2. #2
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    17,117
    I haven't heard yet.

    I'd like to know whether anyone has heard whether the ISU will be putting up youtubes of the JGP again?

  3. #3
    Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,614
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnikinSolo View Post
    And since Skate America, at least in the USA, is exclusive to NBC, I wonder how much of SA will be live on NBC. I would imagine IN, just like Universal, when they had the rights, would not have the rights to SA, because of NBC having the all the broadcast rights in the SA, in the US.
    NBC will kick-off their season-long coverage of the ISU Grand Prix Series with two hours live at Skate America from 4-6 p.m. (ET) on Sunday, Oct. 20.
    Icenetwork.com will stream live coverage of the entire Grand Prix Series on a subscription basis.
    NBC will carry same-weekend coverage of the remaining Grand Prix events, while Universal Sports will broadcast live and delayed coverage throughout the Grand Prix season. ...


    Regarding media rights in general:
    Broadcast rights and online rights can be -- and often are -- sold separately, I believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    ...I'd like to know whether anyone has heard whether the ISU will be putting up youtubes of the JGP again?
    Per the official Facebook page for ISU Figure Skating:
    "The ISU Junior Grand Prix performances will be available with a few minutes delay depending on the internet connection."
    https://www.facebook.com/isufiguresk...tal_comments=6 (Aug 22)

    The link is:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ISUJGP2011 [sic - the url does not end in "2013"]

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,535
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnikinSolo View Post
    Do you know if TSN, Eurosport, BT Spors, CnopT, or Sky Sports will have Grand Prix this season. It seems that the "pirates" are getting bolder by now offering a subscription stream service with just about any sport you want for about USD$121 per year, at current exchange rates. I wonder how long until the US pressures the British government to shut them down. If this service does not prompt Congress to crack down on "pirate" streams, I don't know what will.

    They also, for right now, have the NBC east feed, so how much of US Nationals will be available live on NBC this season? And since Skate America, at least in the USA, is exclusive to NBC, I wonder how much of SA will be live on NBC. I would imagine IN, just like Universal, when they had the rights, would not have the rights to SA, because of NBC having the all the broadcast rights in the SA, in the US.
    The Icenetwork will show most of SA live except on Sunday when NBC shows the finals of the Ladies competition. At least that's how they've done it the last few years.

  5. #5
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    The Icenetwork will show most of SA live except on Sunday when NBC shows the finals of the Ladies competition. At least that's how they've done it the last few years.

    Thanks for the heads up on this one, I have purchased one month of TVTeka, so I can watch the ladies final without having to endure being hammered by commercials every 2 or 3 minutes on NBC..

    IN needs to get the rights to strream all of Nationals, including the senior ladies final. Even watching a "pirate" stream of nationals from an East Coast broadcast, I find NBC hammering the audience with commericials every 2 or 3 minutes quite annoying.

  6. #6
    Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    559
    I wasn't sure where to ask, but I was wondering if someone could post the schedule for SkAm?
    I'm on the isu website and my dumb butt can't find it. Thanks in advance!

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    I wasn't sure where to ask, but I was wondering if someone could post the schedule for SkAm?
    I'm on the isu website and my dumb butt can't find it. Thanks in advance!
    http://www.2013skateamerica.com/even...vent-schedule/

  8. #8
    Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    559
    Great! Thank you!

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,535
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnikinSolo View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on this one, I have purchased one month of TVTeka, so I can watch the ladies final without having to endure being hammered by commercials every 2 or 3 minutes on NBC..

    IN needs to get the rights to strream all of Nationals, including the senior ladies final. Even watching a "pirate" stream of nationals from an East Coast broadcast, I find NBC hammering the audience with commericials every 2 or 3 minutes quite annoying.
    It sure would be nice. I live on the west coast in the US and NBC always shows the last 2 groups on tape delay of the Ladies event.

  10. #10
    Custom Title merrywidow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,414
    IFS magazine.com has tv listings/times for all EuroSport coverage as well as for CBC, NBC & Universal Sports.

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,609
    Our Yle will be streaming men´s sp and ice dance starting at 1.50 a.m. Finnish time. Maybe it will be geoblocked though:

    http://areena.yle.fi/tv/2058073 men

    http://areena.yle.fi/tv/2058074 dance

    Time:
    http://speedypin.com/phone/card/world-clock.html

  12. #12
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    71
    One thing about IceNetwork is that before watching anything on there, I find myself having to turn off the "on access" scanning of my Antivirus software, and memory managers, such as MemTurbo.

    It appears the bandwidth IN uses is high enough that none of my antivirus programs can keep up with it (YouTube and Netflix also have the same problem). So if you are having a lot of problems with rebuffering, even on a 21 meg cable modem, temporarily turning off your anti-virus program might solve this as well as turning off MemTurbo, and and other memory-management software you are using. Just be sure to turn your anti-virus back on and then restart the machine after you are done watching.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •