Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How is battle of the blades going in Canada?

#TeamAUS

How is battle of the blades going in Canada?

Im bummed that i cant get to see this show at all. So to all the canadians out there on this forum, i ask how is the series going? How are kurt browning and jamie sale (i think former jockey player pj stock is the third judge) as judges?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Im bummed that i cant get to see this show at all...
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post771321

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Im bummed that i cant get to see this show at all. So to all the canadians out there on this forum, i ask how is the series going? How are kurt browning and jamie sale (i think former jockey player pj stock is the third judge) as judges?
    There is an active thread over at FSU. I post at both FSU and GS and find that some topics get discussed longer over there and sometimes here so I just do both. Kurt and Jamie have good insightful comments but I don't think they're completely comfortable in their roles yet. It seems they're trying to make things controversial (Kurt seems to feel that he must be like Simon Cowell) when the skaters are all pretty much the same in terms of skill so far. It's pretty much a love fest where everybody loves everybody (fans, skaters, judges)! We even booed Kurt (but good naturedly). I had the feeling most just wanted to see everyone skate and enjoy that. Pretty terrific having 3 ice dancers in the mix and really wonderful seeing Kazakova again. Man that woman is Smooth! A lot of the audience didn't know who she was (young skate fans or hockey people) so I think that's why she was in the first skate-off.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    deleted

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    A lot of the audience didn't know who she was (young skate fans or hockey people) so I think that's why she was in the first skate-off.
    It is interesting however...they were also voted into the bottom two by the judges. Certainly Jamie and Kurt would know who she was, and P.J. Stock could have learned second hand from others on the show. The public voting didn't seem to change anything. I guess past reputation isn't necessarily worth points.

ETA: Of course, the other half of the equation is the hockey player. We already know the figure skaters can skate. The weekly progress of the hockey player may be a key factor.

P.S. After the last judging, Oksana and Vladimir appear to once again be back in the bottom two, together with Jessica Dube and Brian Savage. We will need to wait until Sunday to determine if public voting changes anything.

Custom Title
    Oooh, quite surprising and wish I could see some segments where Kurt is playing the role of provocateur. Getting everyone to feel more than just the joy they must be feeling, is a good thing from the producer's standpoint probably. Bet he does a lot of huggy apologizing backstage. He's too luvvvable to be angry at for long.

Custom Title
    Kurt isn't actually saying anything to make people angry. He is just more critical than the other judges with some scoring. eg. he scored Shae & Anson a 5.4 (to booing), while Jamie gave Kurt a "you're kidding" type stare and gave them 5.8 (to cheering). PJ Stock then played the middleman with a 5.6.

Custom Title
    How nice to Sale after her baby. Isn't it so romantic - she married the hockey play turned carpet man - fairytale and they are so happy.

Wasn't the hockey player married at the time that Sale and he became a couple off the ice?

I wonder whether his former wife considers what happened to be such a fairy tale ...

Custom Title
    Depends on whether he and his former wife were happily married, or already on the rocks.

BOTB is turning into a match making show :lol:
    Apparently Marcy and Todd Simpson are now engaged. He was in the audience rooting for her.

Can we also vote on which couple will be next?

Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    Depends on whether he and his former wife were happily married, or already on the rocks.
    The following comment is NOT based on their specific situation, but you are right.
    Theoretically, a former spouse's reaction could be: "Good riddance. They deserve each other."

Rogue Leader
    I don't want to delve in skaters' personal lives, but did Marcy have a second last name the last time she competed? Harris or something? I'm not looking for any details. I just don't know if I dreamed up the second name.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Wasn't the hockey player married at the time that Sale and he became a couple off the ice?

I wonder whether his former wife considers what happened to be such a fairy tale ...
    Oh my so sorry. I forgot about that and that Jamie was married to David. Ah let's hope everyone ends up happily after

Quote Originally Posted by Antilles View Post
    I don't want to delve in skaters' personal lives, but did Marcy have a second last name the last time she competed? Harris or something? I'm not looking for any details. I just don't know if I dreamed up the second name.
    You are right. It was Harris and I saw her do a pairs routine with him several years ago at Skate for Hope in Ohio. And this year he skated with someone else (I didn't see it, only saw the program listings). So that was a pretty quick divorce.

Marcy and Lee Harris were married in June 2008 and divorced in November 2012 according to public records in Franklin County Ohio where they resided. I also saw them skate together in the 2011 Skate for Hope show and they were definitely a crowd favorite.

When she didn't skate with him in 2012 or 2013 I thought it was just because she was filming in Canada, but sadly that wasn't the reason. Lee skated in the 2012 and 2013 shows with other elite skaters to honor his mother who is a cancer survivor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast