Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jin Boyang

Jin Boyang

I think he deserves a thread of his own now~ Congratulations on your Jr. World Silver Medal! Looking forward to seeing you grow as a skater in your coming years!
    Last edited by shiroKJ; 03-08-2015 at 03:22 AM.

Machida and Beethoven inside edges's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shiroKJ View Post
    I think he deserves a thread of his own now~ Congratulations on your Jr. World Silver Medal! Looking forward to seeing you grow as a skater in your coming years!
    Yep, he deserves his own thread. I'm happy for him!

Cheering Wildly from the stands
    I'm always happy to see a skater really try to improve and actually visibly improve.

I noticed that he was faster, his spins were better, and he was trying to connect to the music somehow.
    With this kind of attitude, he will continue to improve.
    Please Boyang, no Tango next year.

Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    I really enjoy his FP this year

Custom Title
    Still not sure if I'm 100% fan, but I need to repost what I wrote in the "Team China" thread (had I known this thread was coming, I wouldn't have posted there!) Congratulations to Boyang, and I look forward to seeing him in Seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    While he's not my favourite skater, I have such mad, mad respect for what Boyang did out there today. Three quads, a triple axel, two 3-3s, and pretty much everything done cleanly. He won the free, beating the eventual Junior World champion by almost 10 points in the segment. While the rest of the favourites made errors like a typical nervy men's figure skating event, Boyang brought the most difficult content of them all and was the only one who delivered everything he promised.

If this competition had happened several months ago, and he hadn't lost a lot of momentum due to inconsistency... Well, I think the outcome might've been different.

He still needs to work on the non-jumping side of things, but he's improved a lot since the start of the season. I was one of the harshest critics of his programs. But his LP actually isn't that bad, when he delivers all the tech content and ditches the green patchwork monstrosity. And there was a nice Ina Bauer at one point.

I hope Boyang stays healthy, and can soon put the whole package together. I'm really starting to root for him, and if he can put more conviction into his movements, work on the spins, ect. he will really go places.

Team Russian Silver Foxes gallavich's Avatar
    He's so likeable that I am ok with his style. It's kind of mesmerizing to watch him race around and power through all those jumps. I think he at least has more "artistry" than Tim Goebel (he was the ultimate non-artistic "jumping machine" to me so I always use him as a yardstick ). Sure he can use some refinement, but he doesn't need to try to be like anyone else. Just go with the power/athletic thing. The SP really doesn't fit him, although he tries his best to sell it.

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Count me in as I'm one of those who think he should have won with 3 quads landed. Congrats Boyang.

Custom Title
    Well I am one of most critical here on Boyang's skating but I think too he deserved to win today, I am surprised I am saying this

Custom Title
    Congrats, Boyang.If only he didn't make that mistake yesterday he'd have won.

Quote Originally Posted by HanDomi View Post
    Well I am one of most critical here on Boyang's skating but I think too he deserved to win today, I am surprised I am saying this
    I'm suprised as well. At the beginning of this season I said I would never like his skate... But heck when he skates cleanly it's not that bad. Congrats Boyang for leaving behind that bad performance at JGPF.

congrats Boyang!

TEAM JAPAN FOREVER
    Boyang is the skater I should hate because, well, his skating kind of sucks. But he's really just so adorable and then he goes out and hits 3 quads in the long program and wow!! His donut spin is great, too. Congrats to him, and I'm glad he won the FP in JW! I hope he gets better PCS for next year, his tech content is already there and is monster.

Is he moving up to seniors or is he staying in juniors? Has he said anything yet?

It's just figure skating thoakun's Avatar
    I'm a Shoma fan but I can't believe that Boyang would make me think that he deserved to win the junior title yesterday. I appreciate skaters who put an effort in improving other aspects of his/her skating, even though the process can be quite daunting. Boyang is not the ultimate jumping machine to me. There are some powerful jumpers who make me think that they're only interested in jumping and nothing else, but not Boyang.

I remember when he won last season JGPF I was crying over how bad his posture and choreography were. This season he has improved. I'd love to see him getting improvements.

Boyang is just endearing because for the entire season (and from last) I saw him work hard (and continuing to do so) on his artistic side. That Tango Amore SP was so laughable but it was probably what endeared the kid to me. ^^

I wouldn't completely say Boyang deserved to win just because of his FS at Jr Worlds yesterday though that was a monster of a TES, but I'm just happy he actually finally redeemed himself from his disaster self at JGPF last December.

(Also, I may be nitpicking but: Can we change the title of the thread to Boyang Jin instead of Jin Boyang? ^^; Since most threads are named in the Western format and all...)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast