Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 895

Thread: Australian figure skaters

  1. #181
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,565

    News

    The Local State Government Member of Danielle O'brien's hometown of Strathfield in Sydney's inner west released a comment congratulating Danielle and Greg's qualification to the 2014 Sochi Olympic Games. Thanks to the Burwood Scene Local Paper for releasing these comments.

    "Strathfield MP Charles Casuscelli congratulated Danielle and Greg saying, “They are the most decorated ice dance couple Australia has produced and now Strathfield’s figure skating queen and her partner are set to go one better in Sochi.”

    Not since the halcyon days of legendary couple Jane Torvill and Christopher Dean has interest in figure skating in this country been this high he said.

    “Those of us old enough to remember the extraordinary impact the British skaters had on the sport will know that a strong showing by Danielle and Greg next February will inspire a new generation of Australian ice skaters to take on the world’s best,” said Mr Casuscelli.

    “I hope that Danielle and Greg enjoy an ideal preparation for the Games and wish them every success. They have already done a great deal to increase the profile of their sport in this country.” "

  2. #182
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,565
    On a nice note, its cool to see that Tatsuki Machida is in the lead in the mens event at Skate America. Thoughgh he trains in the United States, he is coached by Australia's most accomplished figure skater ever in history- Anthony Liu.

  3. #183
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,565
    The Second Live Performance of Battle of the Blades is now on Youtube! Time to watch before Skate America Fingers crossed that there will be more people in the arena at Skate America.

  4. #184
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,939
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    The Local State Government Member of Danielle O'brien's hometown of Strathfield in Sydney's inner west released a comment congratulating Danielle and Greg's qualification to the 2014 Sochi Olympic Games. Thanks to the Burwood Scene Local Paper for releasing these comments.

    "Strathfield MP Charles Casuscelli congratulated Danielle and Greg saying, “They are the most decorated ice dance couple Australia has produced and now Strathfield’s figure skating queen and her partner are set to go one better in Sochi.”

    Not since the halcyon days of legendary couple Jane Torvill and Christopher Dean has interest in figure skating in this country been this high he said.

    “Those of us old enough to remember the extraordinary impact the British skaters had on the sport will know that a strong showing by Danielle and Greg next February will inspire a new generation of Australian ice skaters to take on the world’s best,” said Mr Casuscelli.

    “I hope that Danielle and Greg enjoy an ideal preparation for the Games and wish them every success. They have already done a great deal to increase the profile of their sport in this country.” "
    How nice is that!!

  5. #185
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,565
    Eventhough im loving the coversge at Skate America, if there continues to be more surprises my fantasy team on the Golden Skate predictions game will get nul points! (0 points)

  6. #186
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    On a nice note, its cool to see that Tatsuki Machida is in the lead in the mens event at Skate America. Thoughgh he trains in the United States, he is coached by Australia's most accomplished figure skater ever in history- Anthony Liu.
    Really? That's pretty cool! Machida is really impressing me this season

    Thanks for all your updates and bits of trivia and news, GF! As a figure skating fan who is still rather outside the skating circles (I can stroke around a rink twice or three times before falling over haha and I don't know the coaches/Australian skaters except by following them online and at smaller events), I really do appreciate the way you help me stay updated

  7. #187
    Custom Title spikydurian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Go go go Greg & Danielle. It's not easy to qualify for Sochi especially when skating rinks are rarer than skating parks in Australia. Big achievement. (Hope they get some kind of financial assistance to prepare them for Sochi too). Go put Oz on the ice skating map!

  8. #188
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Cat View Post
    Really? That's pretty cool! Machida is really impressing me this season

    Thanks for all your updates and bits of trivia and news, GF! As a figure skating fan who is still rather outside the skating circles (I can stroke around a rink twice or three times before falling over haha and I don't know the coaches/Australian skaters except by following them online and at smaller events), I really do appreciate the way you help me stay updated
    Funny that you say that. I too am quite outside the skating circles in Australia. I initially watched because i loved how North Americans skated. I only follow on through social media and other things like that

  9. #189
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Funny that you say that. I too am quite outside the skating circles in Australia. I initially watched because i loved how North Americans skated. I only follow on through social media and other things like that
    Well, you're much more on the social media ball than I am haha. And yes, that's how I started watching, too! (Also because the Vancouver Olympics coincided quite nicely with my first round of HSC assessment tasks...). I'll need to step up my engagement with social media, clearly

  10. #190
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,565
    Just caught up on all the coverage at Skate America. My goodness, the quality of skating in general has lifted! Also, it was nice to see twice as many people attending in comparison to the first day of competition! It is very encouraging to see ore people in the stands- not full but better.

    The Free Dance event in particular....what a hum digger of an event that was.

  11. #191
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,565
    My goodness, i'm sitting in third place in the Golden Skate Grand Prix Predictions game! Ok guys, who do you think is a shoe in to win at Skate Canada?

  12. #192
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,939
    V&M and D&R

  13. #193
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    V&M and D&R
    They will be winners for sure. Im interested in the mens and ladies events. I just cant tell who is going to win.

  14. #194
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,565

    Thumbs up

    Just a fun fact. Have a look and see who is currently second in the Men's ISU Season rankings?

    If you don't know how to find the rankings, try to figure out who this skater is with the clues provided.

    Clue 1 - He is currently sitting 55th in the overall rankings in the mens category.
    Clue 2 - He trains in Riverside California under technician coach Tammy Gambill and Richard Dornbush is one of he training partners.
    Clue 3 - He has landed the quad before and has a consistent triple axel
    Clue 4 - This season, he has won a senior international B event, had two top five finishes in competitions and another top 10 finish as well.
    Clue 5 - He is not a skater from the Americas, Africa, Europe or Asia (should be obvious right now!)
    Clue 6 - (Should make it blightingly obvious) - This skater was previously coached by his mum and has a younger sister who competes internationally.

    Who is he?

  15. #195
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,802
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Just a fun fact. Have a look and see who is currently second in the Men's ISU Season rankings?

    If you don't know how to find the rankings, try to figure out who this skater is with the clues provided.

    Clue 1 - He is currently sitting 55th in the overall rankings in the mens category.
    Clue 2 - He trains in Riverside California under technician coach Tammy Gambill and Richard Dornbush is one of he training partners.
    Clue 3 - He has landed the quad before and has a consistent triple axel
    Clue 4 - This season, he has won a senior international B event, had two top five finishes in competitions and another top 10 finish as well.
    Clue 5 - He is not a skater from the Americas, Africa, Europe or Asia (should be obvious right now!)
    Clue 6 - (Should make it blightingly obvious) - This skater was previously coached by his mum and has a younger sister who competes internationally.

    Who is he?
    *squeaks*

    Oh my goodness, REALLY?!

Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •