Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian figure skaters

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Ice Dance amd Pair Free Skates at the GPF was nothing short of spectacular.

The Germans overturn the staus quo and Pang/Tong in Olympic Podium shape.

Tessa and Scott have clamped the gap pretty much shut with their American Rivals and the French dethroned the Russians off the podium. And lots of 10's for components.
    Not to be mean or anything, but does this really belong here? Isn't this a place to discuss Australian skaters? There are plenty of places for you to discuss the GPF on more relevant threads.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MalloryArcher View Post
    Not to be mean or anything, but does this really belong here? Isn't this a place to discuss Australian skaters? There are plenty of places for you to discuss the GPF on more relevant threads.
    I was just thinking that.

GF, I appreciate all the analysis you do and the work you obviously put into it, but discussions about V/M/D/W, GPF, whatever, really don't go in the AUSTRALIAN figure skaters thread.

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I was just thinking that.

GF, I appreciate all the analysis you do and the work you obviously put into it, but discussions about V/M/D/W, GPF, whatever, really don't go in the AUSTRALIAN figure skaters thread.
    Ok. I'll stop.

#TeamAUS
    WE WERE SO CLOSE TO MAKING THE TEAM EVENT!!!!!!! Team Australia is on first reserve!

#TeamAUS
    http://sochi2014.olympics.com.au/fan...-zone/fan-wall

Please show your support for Australia's Olympic Reps by sending a message to them via the Australian Olympic Committee Fan Wall. Would love it if you can wish our figure skaters well.

*P.S. Fingers crossed for Brooklee. The CAS hearing is this week from my understanding of the reports.

#TeamAUS

News

Congratulations to Jordan Dodds for scoring a PB at the 2013 Winter Universiade and qualifying for the Free Skating Event.

Bad Luck to National Bronze Medalist Mark Webster as well as Andrew Dodds who didn't make the cut. I must admit, for a university games, this field at this Universiade is tough.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Congratulations to Jordan Dodds for scoring a PB at the 2013 Winter Universiade and qualifying for the Free Skating Event.

Bad Luck to National Bronze Medalist Mark Webster as well as Andrew Dodds who didn't make the cut. I must admit, for a university games, this field at this Universiade is tough.
    Pssst, got your Doddses mixed up

Andrew qualified through, Jordan missed the cut :(

Too many Doddses. :P

Are such huge fonts necessary? They were hurting my eyes. But thanks for the reports anyway GF2445. Congrats to Chantelle!

#TeamAUS

News

Brooklee-An inspiration to all teenagers.

In this blog, Brooklee talks about her presentation she gave to students of her former High School about balancing skating with study and with life and let me tell you, what she does in nothing short of amazing! Even Figure Skating's largest Championships or even the Olympics are not a legitimate excuse for her not to do keep up with her studies and end up on top with her cohorts!

"BLOG: Last week I had the pleasure of returning to my High School as an Alumni.

My mum got an email from my Honours Chem teacher Dr. Nuzzo while we were in Australia for Nationals. Dr. Nuzzo was putting together a presentation for the school about how I managed school, skating and the college process and asked mum for pictures and if I would have time to answer some questions by email for the Friday the 13th program. Since we just returned from Nationals I was having a more flexible schedule of ice hours and I was able to be there in person!

It was an honour and gave me great pleasure to go back to Joel Barlow High School and be able to give back to the school that gave so much to me...."

Article Written by Brooklee Han for the Australian Olympic Committee
    Published December 18, 2013

http://sochi2014.olympics.com.au/blo...rooklee-s-blog

#TeamAUS
    The CAS hearing was reported to be last week. Does anyone have any news?

Custom Title
    I haven't heard anything. We are talking about a court here, I guess, so we can't expect it to be too speedy...

EDIT:

On the Court of Arbitration for Sport's official website:

Lausanne, 17 December 2013 - The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has registered several new appeals at its decentralised office in Sydney, Australia, including a request filed by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) on behalf of Athletics Australia for a determination from the CAS with respect to a possible whereabouts violation and, if applicable, sanction, for the Australian sprinter Joshua Ross.

The CAS Oceania Division has also been called to decide a selection dispute relating to the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games. The Australian figure skater Ms Chantelle Kerry has filed an application requesting that Ms Brooklee Han be declared ineligible for selection and that she herself be declared eligible instead.

Both procedures are being conducted by Sole Arbitrators on an expedited basis. The final decision in each matter will be issued as soon as possible.
    Given that that was posted on the 17th (Tuesday), we will be lucky to know before Christmas...

skating philosopher
    And luckily we won't have to wait until then:
    http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8773983

Brooklee Han will represent Australia in ladies' figure skating at February's Winter Olympics after Chantelle Kerry was unsuccessful in challenging her position at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
    Thank goodness. I hope Kerry will keep improving. She'll have her time!

I hope Kerry and/or her parents/enablers now drop any further attempts to hinder Brooklee's career as the years progress and focus instead on Chantelle's own career. She can work hard now to try and earn her own way to the 2018 Olympics

Congratulations to Brooklee - Olympian! Now she can enjoy her holidays and focus on the Games.

Custom Title
    Wow. That was faster than I expected.

Well, thank goodness that it's all over and Brooklee can focus on Sochi!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Brooklee really deserves her trip to the Olympics-my hope is that Chantelle will be an Olympian at a later Olympics-she has a lot of promise! Maybe in 2018, Australian will qualify two spots

Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast