Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian figure skaters

Thanks GF2445 for all the hard work and updates. Any Aussie got into Worlds and Olympics? (I don't know how the rules and numbers work). I don't tweet. But if they have FBs I am more than happy to send them my good wishes.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Thanks GF2445 for all the hard work and updates. Any Aussie got into Worlds and Olympics? (I don't know how the rules and numbers work). I don't tweet. But if they have FBs I am more than happy to send them my good wishes.
    We have one lady, one man and one dance couple for the Olympics. The same for Worlds.

Brendan Kerry, Brooklee Han and Danielle O'Brien/Gregory Merriman are our skaters!

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    I've done a bit of searching through facebook. None of them use facebook actively or have a fan page so here is a list of pages that you can post a message of good wishes

The Australian Olympic Team page
    https://www.facebook.com/AUSOlympicTeam

Ice Skating Australia (National Federation for Figure Skating)
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ice-S...36415049731833

Aussieskates-(If you send a message to Brooklee through this page, you might get a 'like' from her)
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/aussi...r/278036295924

#TeamAUS

News

Officially Qualified: Danielle and Greg's Blog

"With the countdown clock at 122 days to Sochi our status as 2014 Sochi ‘hopefuls’ has been officially updated to ‘qualified.’

Last week at Nebelhorn Trophy in Oberstdorf Germany, Greg and I secured our position in the Sochi 2014 Ice Dance event and will be joining the largest team of Australian figure skaters at Olympics since 1998..."

Article Written by Danielle O'Brien for the Australian Olympic Committee
    Published October 10, 2013

Link to Article Below
    http://sochi2014.olympics.com.au/blo...nd-greg-s-blog

*Note that Dani and Greg will next be competing at the Volvo Cup next month in Riga, Latvia. All the best and good luck training.

From looking at their performances at Nebelhorn, they seemed to be enjoying both programs alot. What changes do you think they should make or what sections can they work on to get more points?

#TeamAUS

News

To Oberstdorf with a bang! Brooklee's Blog

"My trip to Oberstdorf started out with a bang!

Actually it was two bangs. On the way to the rink the morning we were due to leave for Germany, a car drifted onto our side of the road and in order to avoid the car, we pulled over to the side as far as we could and ended up popping two tyres on a rock that was sticking out.

We had to have the car put on a flat bed truck and brought to get two new tyres. By the time we got to the rink there was not much time to skate as we had to get to the airport. In order to get on the ice at all I had to go on public session ice as the freestyle time was over..."

Article written by Brooklee Han for the Australian Olympic Committee
    Published October 10, 2013

Link to Article Below
    http://sochi2014.olympics.com.au/blo...rooklee-s-blog

*Brooklee is now aiming to integrate more difficult elements into both her programs (maybe a lutz and a flip??). On an IJS note, it seems she can land her triple lutz safely. Even if she gets an incorrect edge call, even with the edge error she can probably get more points for that than doing a simpler triple and only getting a very small positive Grade of Execution...what do you think?

#TeamAUS
    Hey everyone,feel free the discusson this thread!! Tere are some disucssion starters in the posts above and on the previous page.

Okay JGP Estonia.
    Again a very strong skate from Brendan. Despite not making any major errors and having a sensational triple lutz triple toe-loop combo, he doubled his triple axel- though it was a nice duble axel, he left at least more than 5 points on the table. He scored 61.66 and is currently in 4th place with 3 skaters remaining.

Overall, nice job.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I hope Dani & Gregg can get the minimum tech level for Worlds in the SD at the Volvo Cup! (They were very close, but not quite there yet at Nebelhorn, and easily made the requirement for the FD). They have enough points for the Olympic minimum already though .

Custom Title
    Brendan's SP was just gorgeous, a shame about the 3A. But he got +GOE on every single element except the 2A (-) and the camel spin (neutral). Level 3s for the camel spin and the step sequence, level 4s for the other two spins, and a bonus for the placement of the 3Lo in the 2nd half. His lines

5th after the SP!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I hope Dani & Gregg can get the minimum tech level for Worlds in the SD at the Volvo Cup! (They were very close, but not quite there yet at Nebelhorn, and easily made the requirement for the FD). They have enough points for the Olympic minimum already though .
    didnt they get the Worlds scores at Skate Downunder

#TeamAUS
    The ice dance competition at skate down under was too small for anything to count.

From my understanding, the ISU readjusted the minimum technical score for the SD to 28.00. Dani and Greg got 28.50 at the Torun Mentor Nesquik Cup in Poland and reults from the previous season carry over. I'll quickly check about the technical minimums.

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    According to this announcement after last season, the ISU council met in Vienna, Austria for their annual meetings. Under point 6 is the updated technical minimums. Dani and Greg are safe to compete at Saitama Worlds if they want.
    http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=4529

#TeamAUS
    Junior Ladies' Short Program under way at JGP Estonia. Chantelle is skating 7th from the top and will be skating first in the second group. All the best of luck Chantelle!

Her technical content- 3Lo, 3T+2T, 2A

#TeamAUS
    After Day One, Brendan Kerry is sitting in 5th place and Chantelle Kerry 12th after their short programs

Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    After Day One, Brendan Kerry is sitting in 5th place and Chantelle Kerry 12th after their short programs
    Congrats to Brendan for a top 5 finish and a new PB in the FS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    We have one lady, one man and one dance couple for the Olympics. The same for Worlds.

Brendan Kerry, Brooklee Han and Danielle O'Brien/Gregory Merriman are our skaters!
    Awesome. I hope they got the minimums; it is so fun to see skaters from all over the world. In a few years they might be like Spain (fernandez) fighting for OGM. I wonder what happened to that Indian pairs team - I so hoped they would go to the olympics but they could barely skate backwards.

Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast