Australian figure skaters | Page 104 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

Spinning

On the Ice
The ISA international assignments are updated. Some notes:

- Nebelhorn: Kailani, Matilda/William and Katia/Harley are listed as entries. Brooklee, Kimberly/Timothy, and Paris/Matthew are listed as subs.

Sorry for my ignorance but why can't they send both Kailani and Brooklee to maximize the chances for Australia. I love both of them so it would be nice to see both at the same competition.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sorry for my ignorance but why can't they send both Kailani and Brooklee to maximize the chances for Australia. I love both of them so it would be nice to see both at the same competition.

Each country is only allowed one entry in each division - otherwise I'm sure ISA would have done that.

snsd

On the Ice
Harley and Katia, With a performance like this they aren't getting an Olympic spot. The program isn't anything special to me, they both look stiff and don't give any emotion or possess any performance skills at all. You could change that music to anything else and it wouldn't make a difference. Hopefully they can pull something together better than this for the qualifier.
https://youtu.be/2gnY6Cma81o

With Kailani, as long as she keeps it together in the short and goes clean in both programs she should get a spot. She has the World Ranking put her in a good draw for nebelhorn to start with so that will help. But if she can keep in the mix after the short, she has a good chance. She went back to her old long program and has a great dress so she is well packaged and hopefully will be ready in time.
https://youtu.be/EbyzTra7AF4

For Dance, with Matilda and William going we don't really have a shot, only a potential spot at the team event. Waiting to see how the dancers go, M/W and K/T were nothing to rave about but did as expected at the Lake Placid comp.
https://youtu.be/TBdgzP099mc?t=6m10s
https://youtu.be/ta2kYyWaIBY

Whats happening with Adele and Demid? They aren't with Monica and John anymore right? the 3 teams training together there would have been fun to watch. I heard he has had some Visa issues?
Is cup of nice Chantelle and Andrews first comp out? its a shame there was no chance for them to get picked for the qualifier based on the policy but have only seen them once they probably have 4cc and worlds scores on there mind.
Will be interesting to see how C/A really stack up with the other Aussie teams? has anyone seen them skate?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Harley and Katia, With a performance like this they aren't getting an Olympic spot. The program isn't anything special to me, they both look stiff and don't give any emotion or possess any performance skills at all. You could change that music to anything else and it wouldn't make a difference. Hopefully they can pull something together better than this for the qualifier.
https://youtu.be/2gnY6Cma81o

I actually thought this was a very nice program for them - obviously they're not 100% ready to go but they don't have to be for another month. Also note that this is the Junior version of the program (SBS 2Lz) and I imagine the Senior version will have harder SBS jumps and maybe a different throw.

Whats happening with Adele and Demid? They aren't with Monica and John anymore right? the 3 teams training together there would have been fun to watch. I heard he has had some Visa issues?

I haven't heard anything about this but that would be sad if true, they did pretty well last season.

Is cup of nice Chantelle and Andrews first comp out? its a shame there was no chance for them to get picked for the qualifier based on the policy but have only seen them once they probably have 4cc and worlds scores on there mind.
Will be interesting to see how C/A really stack up with the other Aussie teams? has anyone seen them skate?

It'll be their first international comp out. I saw them skate at Hollins and they were very good then for how little time they'd had together. I'm looking forward to seeing them with a few months' work on them.

GrandmaCC

On the Ice

I would love to see them both at the same meet, too!
Has it been announced when & where our nationals will be held? I will gladly make the trip to the eastern seaboard (can't imagine nationals being held anywhere else lol) for the chance to see both ladies skate!!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I would love to see them both at the same meet, too!
Has it been announced when & where our nationals will be held? I will gladly make the trip to the eastern seaboard (can't imagine nationals being held anywhere else lol) for the chance to see both ladies skate!!

As stated earlier - at Nebelhorn specifically they can't send both. You only get one entry in each division.

Nationals this year will be in Brisbane, Dec 2-8. If you plan on going up know that the Senior stuff will likely be later in the week.

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
As stated earlier - at Nebelhorn specifically they can't send both. You only get one entry in each division.

Nationals this year will be in Brisbane, Dec 2-8. If you plan on going up know that the Senior stuff will likely be later in the week.

That wasn't me who asked about Nebehorn...
but thank you for the info re Nationals!
I'm assuming both gals will be there...hope so, anyway!
That'll be right around my bday. Work permitting, I might start dropping some not-so subtle hints as to what I'd like receive **cough** TICKETS **cough cough** ;)

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
We are currently watching the first day of official practice at the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Brisbane.

Join us for our coverage at facebook.com/aussieskates

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Don't. Just don't. Can we not, please.

All of our skaters skated very well today and we should be proud of that. All we can ask of anyone is that they do their best. And they did.

If you two want to snipe at each other, take it to PM, at least, please.

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Of course you would be negative - you and your brothers predicted the girls would all be down the bottom - top 10 not too shabby [emoji8]

Huh ?? I don't have siblings ?

You're the one who said Amelia could do clean 3S ?? So where was it. She could have been in 7th if she had done it. I don't come all the way to Brisbane to watch our girls play it safe and do doubles. Sure all of our girls were kinda clean, but their program content is so simple and has been basically same for 3 years. And I think it's safe to say that this was a fairly easy JGP compared to some. Think about where Kailani could have placed if she decided to do junior. She'd be 4th or 5th.

Our men were far more impressive. James trying triple axel, darian trying triple-triple, even Giuseppe did 3S. Why are our junior ladies so far behind the standard.

Bianca Del Rio

Rinkside
Well no falls is good. Great job to everyone. Although I would expect to see some of our skaters dropping placements after the free skate. Good to see the home crowd supporting its skaters. The energy for Darien was amazing.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I was having massive preminitions that the SPs were going to be terrible. I was however blown away at what i saw from them.
About our ladies not doing triples- if they continue to work hard, they will come. If they are willing to fight for them 100%, they will get it

snsd

On the Ice
Everyone did the best they could have today. Everyone should be happy.

Yes it would have been good for them to have tried triples but at this stage its not really worth it because they cant get them clean. So a nice double is worth more than a downgraded fall.

I just think it is a huge missed opportunity to not have sent Holly (yes, I know she is injured but my point still stands) or Kailani. Both girls could have placed really high with some decent skates. Its an easy JGP and points earned here go towards Team Event points. Even if we end up getting 3 disciplines qualified, team points from the season still come into play and not sending our best girls to this event, doesn't help our Olympic goal!