Australian figure skaters | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GF2445

Record Breaker
Just to go a little of topic but still very much about skating, i just watched the trailer for Tessa and Scott's reality tv show as well as an interview of Tessa and Scott about this show on Youtube.

What are you most looking forward to about this tv series?

What are your thoughts about this tv series?

GF2445

Record Breaker
Interview With Brooklee Han

"From Newington, Connecticut to Melbourne, Australia, Brooklee Han has trained on two continents all in the hope of achieving a dream that she has now realized. Beginning her skating career in New York at the age of 5, the 18 year old skater advantageously used her father's Australian roots to her advantage and embarked on a career representing Australia. Finishing 2nd at the Australian Nationals last year, Han went on to represent Australia at the Four Continents and World Championships and in laying down two solid skates at the Nebelhorn Trophy Olympic qualifying event in Germany and finishing 5th earned her country (and herself) a trip to the Sochi Winter Olympics. Brooklee took time from her very busy fall competitive season to talk about her Olympic dream, her travels, goals and much more in this fantastic interview..."

Link to Article Below
http://skateguard1.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/interview-with-brooklee-han.html

GF2445

Record Breaker
I can't believe we are inside the last 100 days until the Olympics!

Australia is expected to send at most 60 athletes, which is a 50% increase in comparison to Vancouver and Torino.

Also, cannotwait to see Australia's largest figure skating team since 1988.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Looking at the field for the Volvo Cup, i can see some great results for team Australia!

I dont think they have a live stream but they do have a youtube channel so I will be keeping my eye on that!

In other news, if you are Canadian i must ask how battle lf the blades is going. Im sad that sinead and grant are out!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Time to start signing people up via a plea in your local newspaper. This can be done!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Australia's Han plans to savor Sochi experience

"Australian figure skater Brooklee Han is another representative of a country, along with recently interviewed Brazil's Isadora Williams, which is rarely associated with figure skating.

However, Han will also take part in the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi after finishing in fifth place at the 2013 Nebelhorn Trophy, the final qualifying competition for the coming Olympics. As a result of her placement, Australia received one of the six remaining spots.

The 18-year-old dazzled the Nebelhorn crowd in Oberstdorf, Germany, with her musicality. One of the reasons for this may be the fact that, in addition to skating, Han also has played the violin since she was 5 years old.

But, in the arsenal of this talented athlete, there is also solid technique, which she is improving from year to year. Interesting fact: At Nebelhorn, Han posted the third-highest technical element score (TES) in the free skate (51.62), higher than those of better-ranked Miki Ando of Japan (48.07) and Ashley Cain of the U.S. (51.51)...."

Article Written by Vladislav Luchianov for Ice Network
Published on November 4, 2013

Link to Article Below
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/11/04/63662690/australias-han-plans-to-relish-sochi-experience

GF2445

Record Breaker
Starting orders for the Ice Dance SD at the Volvo Cup in Riga have been released.
And guess who is skating first??

Dani and Greg :)

Not the most ideal starting number but all the best!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Well done to dani and greg for their performance at the volvo cup.

Despite the questionable judging (have a look at the nations of the judging panel and the top 10 finishers at the event), they did very well.