Australian figure skaters | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GF2445

Record Breaker
Well done to dani and greg for their performance at the volvo cup.

Despite the questionable judging (have a look at the nations of the judging panel and the top 10 finishers at the event), they did very well.

*in the short dance. I am happier with the judging in the free dance.

GF2445

Record Breaker
A big congratulations to Brooklee Han for winning the Senior Ladies Event at the Volvo Open Cup in Riga, Latvia overnight! Though the field wasn't what you call a strong field, Brooklee won the competition decisively by 11 points. :clap::yay:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A big congratulations to Brooklee Han for winning the Senior Ladies Event at the Volvo Open Cup in Riga, Latvia overnight! Though the field wasn't what you call a strong field, Brooklee won the competition decisively by 11 points.

What a result for both of us!!! Your country's representative wins, and my province's representative comes second!!! :biggrin:

Congratulations Brooklee and Jenna!!!! :biggrin:

But, I get what you're saying about it not being a strong field. Beyond the podium, there were very few that I had even heard tell of, never mind seen before! Robertson, Grm and Pieman were the only familiar names!

Since I just mentioned her, I have to say, I was disappointed that Pieman was not higher.

But, getting back on topic, it was a shame Danielle and Gregory only managed 12th. But they were up against a much stronger field than Brooklee was up against in the ladies - put it like this, there were only a few above them that I hadn't come across before!

Also, there were plenty of couples below them.

So, when you look at it like that, 12th was a good result! ;)

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. WE WILL HAVE LIVE STREAMING. :agree:

Ooooooh - that's great!!!! Although most of it will probably be broadcast at a silly hour for those of us in Europe, I will try to dip in to see what up-and-coming talent you have.

If your national competitors are anywhere near as good as your international competitors, Australia will soon be moving up the team rankings! ;)

Well done again to Brooklee, Danielle and Gregory. Australian figure skating is definitely looking like it has a bright future!

CaroLiza_fan

GF2445

Record Breaker
Brooklee Han wins International Event

FIGURE SKATING: With the Sochi 2014 Games less the three months away, Australia's figure skaters have had the opportunity for more competition practice of their Olympic routines.

Competing in the 22nd Volvo Open Cup, ice dancers Danielle O'Brien and Greg Merriman were in action along with Brooklee Han in the ladies' individual.

Han, who recently secured Australia's quota place at the Olympic Qualification Tournament, excelled in her competition, finishing in first place in both the short and free programs, to win the competition.

Han's score of 151.76 eclipsed her personal best which she recorded at the Nebelhorn Trophy, in a positive sign for the young skater who is based in the USA.

"I was really excited to go to Latvia as I knew that Evgeny Plushenko would also be competing," Han said today.

"To be at the same competition as him was so exciting, to have him win Senior Men and then I won Senior Ladies was just amazing.

"I was so proud and happy to see them raise the Australian flag and play "Advance Australia Fair". For me, it was a dream come true."

In the ice dancing, O'Brien and Merriman weren't able to produce their best routines, finishing 12th with a total score of 119.41.

Han will now get back into training along with the other skaters as they prepare for the important National Championships, taking place in Melbourne from 5 - 6 December.

Article Written by Alice Wheeler for the Australian Olympic Committee
Published on November 11, 2013

Want to keep updated with all the news for the 2013 Australian Figure Skating Championships? You now can! Just click on the link below to get to the main page for this years championships.

Synchronised and Adult skating events will be held on the 30th November-1st December, All levels up to Junior and Senior Pairs will be competed between 2nd December-4th December and the Senior Men's, Ladies' and Dance events will be held on the 5th-6th December. Stay Tuned!

http://afsc2013.com.au/

GF2445

Record Breaker
Redding's Brooklee Han Skates To Gold At Volvo Open Cup

"REDDING, Conn. -- As she continues her quest to skate at the Winter Olympics in Sochi in February, Redding's Brooklee Han earned gold Sunday at the Volvo Open Cup in Latvia.

Han, who skates for Australia, placed first in both the short and long programs at the international competition in Riga. Her scores were 53.95 points and 97.81 points, for a total of 151.76 points..."

Article Written by Alissa Smith for The Daily Voice: Ridgefield (A local newspaper near Brooklee's hometown)
Published on November 11, 2013

Link to Article Below
http://ridgefield.dailyvoice.com/sports/reddings-brooklee-han-skates-gold-volvo-open-cup

GF2445

Record Breaker
What a result for both of us!!! Your country's representative wins, and my province's representative comes second!!! :biggrin:

Congratulations Brooklee and Jenna!!!! :biggrin:

But, I get what you're saying about it not being a strong field. Beyond the podium, there were very few that I had even heard tell of, never mind seen before! Robertson, Grm and Pieman were the only familiar names!

Since I just mentioned her, I have to say, I was disappointed that Pieman was not higher.

But, getting back on topic, it was a shame Danielle and Gregory only managed 12th. But they were up against a much stronger field than Brooklee was up against in the ladies - put it like this, there were only a few above them that I hadn't come across before!

Also, there were plenty of couples below them.

So, when you look at it like that, 12th was a good result! ;)

Ooooooh - that's great!!!! Although most of it will probably be broadcast at a silly hour for those of us in Europe, I will try to dip in to see what up-and-coming talent you have.

If your national competitors are anywhere near as good as your international competitors, Australia will soon be moving up the team rankings! ;)

Well done again to Brooklee, Danielle and Gregory. Australian figure skating is definitely looking like it has a bright future!

CaroLiza_fan

I really hope that Jenna has a magical skate in Sochi. She is one of those skaters who i hope will have a fantastic skate. Hopefully she will do what Kevin Van Der Perren ;) and have a great finishing performance. She has top 15 potential!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Watching the grand prix series, i wish they increased the number entries for ice dance and they would do something about the fact that there for the last couple of weeks has been less than ten men and/or ladies in the singles event.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Official Schedule for the 2013 Australian Figure Skating Championships Released

The Official Schedule for the 2013 Australian Figure Skating Championships are as followed (all times are AEST)

Saturday 30th November
1:30pm Synchronised Skating Short Program (All Relevant Devisions)
7:00pm Adult Silver Free Skating Events

Sunday 1st December
12:15pm Synchronised Skating Free Skating (All Relevant Devisions)
04:00pm Adult Gold, Masters & Elite Free Skating Events

Monday 2nd December
Commencing at 12:00pm
Intermediate Ladies' Free Skating
Novice Ice Dance- Pattern Dance
Novice, Junior & Senior Pairs Short Program Events
Novice Men's Short Program
Primary & Intermediate Men's Free Skating

Tuesday 3rd December
Commencing at 1:00pm
Novice Ladies' Short Program
Novice Ice Dance- Free Dance
Novice, Junior & Senior Pairs Free Skating Events
Novice Men's Free Skating
Junior Ladies' Short Program

Wednesday 4th December
Commencing at 1:30pm
Primary Ladies' Free Skating Event
Junior Men's Short Program
Junior Ladies' Free Skating Event

Thursday 5th December
Commencing at 1:00pm
Novice Ladies' Free Skating Event
Junior Men's Free Skating Event
Junior & Senior Ice Dance Short Dance Events
Senior Ladies' Short Program
Senior Men's Short Program

Friday 6th December
Commencing at 12:00pm
Senior Ladies' Free Skating Event
Senior Men's Free Skating Event
Junior & Senior Ice Dance Free Dance Events

More information relating to the 2013 Australian Figure Skating Championships can be found at http://afsc2013.com.au/

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Check out the TES total differences in the Novice Ladies...or lack thereof! :eek:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Check out the TES total differences in the Novice Ladies...or lack thereof! :eek:

I agree. It's all way too close!! I think the winners of the novice ladies will come down to the components score. In saying that, with the judges these days, if your technical is the best, your artistic marks seem to get a boost also.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Here is the current entry list for the 2013 Australian Figure Skating Championships 2013

*This list does not include Synchronised Skating, but it does have Adult Skating

Click Link Below
http://afsc2013.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/2013-AFSC-Competitor-Entry-List-as-at-14-11-13.pdf

At a quick glance of the schedule, here is a quick summary

29 Primary Ladies
8 Primary Men
21 Intermediate Ladies
3 Intermediate Men
23 Novice Ladies
5 Novice Men
1 Novice Par
2 Novice Ice Dance
14 Adult Singles Silver Ladies
2 Adult Singles Silver Men
7 Adult Single Gold Ladies
2 Adult Single Gold Men
3 Adult Single Masters Ladies
2 Adult Single Elite Ladies

Entries for:

Junior Ladies
1 Yancey Chan QLD
2 Kailani Craine NSW
3 Sarah Cullen NSW
4 Tracy Danbrook NZ
5 Tahli Gill QLD
6 Renee Hambly NSW
7 Karen Ka NSW
8 Preeya Laud NZ
9 Jenny Lu QLD
10 Lauren Moore SA
11 Haru Nomura QLD
12 Madelaine Parker NZ
13 Katie Pasfield NSW

14 Kristin Secola WA
15 Michelle Toms VIC
16 Jennifer Toms VIC
17 Deborah Toms VIC
18 Serena Xu
19 Bailey Warr

Junior Men:
1 Harley Dahlstrom NSW
2 Ryan Dodds QLD
3 Charlton Doherty QLD
4 Michael Durham NZ
5 Darian Kaptich

Junior Pairs:
1 Eliza Smyth & Jordan Dodds QLD

Junior Ice Dance:
1 Rhiarna Lagoutaris & Thomas Masters NSW

Senior Ladies:
1 Sarah Cullen NSW
2 Taylor Dean QLD
3 Kayla Doig QLD
4 Lowanna Gibson NSW
5 Brooklee Han VIC
6 Karuna Henderson ACT
7 Chantelle Kerry NSW
8 Jessinta Martin SA
9 Jaimee Nobbs WA
10 Harmonie Wong SA

Senior Mens:
1 Andrew Dodds QLD
2 Jordan Dodds QLD
3 Matthew Dodds QLD

4 Cameron Hemmert NSW
5 Brendan Kerry NSW
6 David Kranjec QLD

7 Mark Webster NSW

Senior Pairs:
1 Paris Stephens & Matthew Dodds QLD

Senior Ice Dance:
1 Ayesga Campbell & Shane Speden NZ
2 Adele Morrison & Lochran Doherty QLD
3 Danielle O'brien & Gregory Merriman NSW

GF2445

Record Breaker
Announcements and Communications for AFSC2013

Latest Amendments to the Schedule

Click the Link to See
http://afsc2013.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ISA-Nationals-Schedule-2013-v5-19-Nov-2013.pdf

AFSC Communication #1, 2- Scheduling Clarifications
http://afsc2013.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/2013-AFSC-Communication-No-1.pdf

AFSC Communication #3- SYNCHRONISED SKATING STARTING ORDERS FOR 29th November
http://afsc2013.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/2013-AFSC-Communication-No-3.pdf

AFSC Cimmunications #4- Pattern Dances
http://afsc2013.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/2013-AFSC-Communication-No-4.pdf