Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian figure skaters

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Well done to dani and greg for their performance at the volvo cup.

Despite the questionable judging (have a look at the nations of the judging panel and the top 10 finishers at the event), they did very well.
    *in the short dance. I am happier with the judging in the free dance.

#TeamAUS

News

A big congratulations to Brooklee Han for winning the Senior Ladies Event at the Volvo Open Cup in Riga, Latvia overnight! Though the field wasn't what you call a strong field, Brooklee won the competition decisively by 11 points.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    A big congratulations to Brooklee Han for winning the Senior Ladies Event at the Volvo Open Cup in Riga, Latvia overnight! Though the field wasn't what you call a strong field, Brooklee won the competition decisively by 11 points.
    What a result for both of us!!! Your country's representative wins, and my province's representative comes second!!!

Congratulations Brooklee and Jenna!!!!

But, I get what you're saying about it not being a strong field. Beyond the podium, there were very few that I had even heard tell of, never mind seen before! Robertson, Grm and Pieman were the only familiar names!

Since I just mentioned her, I have to say, I was disappointed that Pieman was not higher.

But, getting back on topic, it was a shame Danielle and Gregory only managed 12th. But they were up against a much stronger field than Brooklee was up against in the ladies - put it like this, there were only a few above them that I hadn't come across before!

Also, there were plenty of couples below them.

So, when you look at it like that, 12th was a good result!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. WE WILL HAVE LIVE STREAMING.
    Ooooooh - that's great!!!! Although most of it will probably be broadcast at a silly hour for those of us in Europe, I will try to dip in to see what up-and-coming talent you have.

If your national competitors are anywhere near as good as your international competitors, Australia will soon be moving up the team rankings!

Well done again to Brooklee, Danielle and Gregory. Australian figure skating is definitely looking like it has a bright future!

CaroLiza_fan

#TeamAUS

News

Brooklee Han wins International Event

FIGURE SKATING: With the Sochi 2014 Games less the three months away, Australia's figure skaters have had the opportunity for more competition practice of their Olympic routines.

Competing in the 22nd Volvo Open Cup, ice dancers Danielle O'Brien and Greg Merriman were in action along with Brooklee Han in the ladies' individual.

Han, who recently secured Australia's quota place at the Olympic Qualification Tournament, excelled in her competition, finishing in first place in both the short and free programs, to win the competition.

Han's score of 151.76 eclipsed her personal best which she recorded at the Nebelhorn Trophy, in a positive sign for the young skater who is based in the USA.

"I was really excited to go to Latvia as I knew that Evgeny Plushenko would also be competing," Han said today.

"To be at the same competition as him was so exciting, to have him win Senior Men and then I won Senior Ladies was just amazing.

"I was so proud and happy to see them raise the Australian flag and play "Advance Australia Fair". For me, it was a dream come true."

In the ice dancing, O'Brien and Merriman weren't able to produce their best routines, finishing 12th with a total score of 119.41.

Han will now get back into training along with the other skaters as they prepare for the important National Championships, taking place in Melbourne from 5 - 6 December.

Article Written by Alice Wheeler for the Australian Olympic Committee
    Published on November 11, 2013

Want to keep updated with all the news for the 2013 Australian Figure Skating Championships? You now can! Just click on the link below to get to the main page for this years championships.

Synchronised and Adult skating events will be held on the 30th November-1st December, All levels up to Junior and Senior Pairs will be competed between 2nd December-4th December and the Senior Men's, Ladies' and Dance events will be held on the 5th-6th December. Stay Tuned!

http://afsc2013.com.au/

#TeamAUS

News

Redding's Brooklee Han Skates To Gold At Volvo Open Cup

"REDDING, Conn. -- As she continues her quest to skate at the Winter Olympics in Sochi in February, Redding's Brooklee Han earned gold Sunday at the Volvo Open Cup in Latvia.

Han, who skates for Australia, placed first in both the short and long programs at the international competition in Riga. Her scores were 53.95 points and 97.81 points, for a total of 151.76 points..."

Article Written by Alissa Smith for The Daily Voice: Ridgefield (A local newspaper near Brooklee's hometown)
    Published on November 11, 2013

Link to Article Below
    http://ridgefield.dailyvoice.com/spo...volvo-open-cup

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    What a result for both of us!!! Your country's representative wins, and my province's representative comes second!!!

Congratulations Brooklee and Jenna!!!!

But, I get what you're saying about it not being a strong field. Beyond the podium, there were very few that I had even heard tell of, never mind seen before! Robertson, Grm and Pieman were the only familiar names!

Since I just mentioned her, I have to say, I was disappointed that Pieman was not higher.

But, getting back on topic, it was a shame Danielle and Gregory only managed 12th. But they were up against a much stronger field than Brooklee was up against in the ladies - put it like this, there were only a few above them that I hadn't come across before!

Also, there were plenty of couples below them.

So, when you look at it like that, 12th was a good result!

Ooooooh - that's great!!!! Although most of it will probably be broadcast at a silly hour for those of us in Europe, I will try to dip in to see what up-and-coming talent you have.

If your national competitors are anywhere near as good as your international competitors, Australia will soon be moving up the team rankings!

Well done again to Brooklee, Danielle and Gregory. Australian figure skating is definitely looking like it has a bright future!

CaroLiza_fan
    I really hope that Jenna has a magical skate in Sochi. She is one of those skaters who i hope will have a fantastic skate. Hopefully she will do what Kevin Van Der Perren and have a great finishing performance. She has top 15 potential!

#TeamAUS
    There is going to be an Ice Skating show touring in December. This year's tour SLICE, will cast skaters from Russia, Ukraine, USA, Japan, France and Australia

Interested?
    Click the link to the facebook page 'Color Ice Australia'!
    https://www.facebook.com/coloriceaustralia

#TeamAUS
    Watching the grand prix series, i wish they increased the number entries for ice dance and they would do something about the fact that there for the last couple of weeks has been less than ten men and/or ladies in the singles event.

#TeamAUS

News

Official Schedule for the 2013 Australian Figure Skating Championships Released

The Official Schedule for the 2013 Australian Figure Skating Championships are as followed (all times are AEST)

Saturday 30th November
    1:30pm Synchronised Skating Short Program (All Relevant Devisions)
    7:00pm Adult Silver Free Skating Events

Sunday 1st December
    12:15pm Synchronised Skating Free Skating (All Relevant Devisions)
    04:00pm Adult Gold, Masters & Elite Free Skating Events

Monday 2nd December
    Commencing at 12:00pm
    Intermediate Ladies' Free Skating
    Novice Ice Dance- Pattern Dance
    Novice, Junior & Senior Pairs Short Program Events
    Novice Men's Short Program
    Primary & Intermediate Men's Free Skating

Tuesday 3rd December
    Commencing at 1:00pm
    Novice Ladies' Short Program
    Novice Ice Dance- Free Dance
    Novice, Junior & Senior Pairs Free Skating Events
    Novice Men's Free Skating
    Junior Ladies' Short Program

Wednesday 4th December
    Commencing at 1:30pm
    Primary Ladies' Free Skating Event
    Junior Men's Short Program
    Junior Ladies' Free Skating Event

Thursday 5th December
    Commencing at 1:00pm
    Novice Ladies' Free Skating Event
    Junior Men's Free Skating Event
    Junior & Senior Ice Dance Short Dance Events
    Senior Ladies' Short Program
    Senior Men's Short Program

Friday 6th December
    Commencing at 12:00pm
    Senior Ladies' Free Skating Event
    Senior Men's Free Skating Event
    Junior & Senior Ice Dance Free Dance Events

More information relating to the 2013 Australian Figure Skating Championships can be found at http://afsc2013.com.au/

#TeamAUS

News

The End of the Championships will feature a 'Team Event' where judges and audience alike vote for a winner

More details in the Link Below

http://www.isa.org.au/Documents/High...am%20Event.pdf

#TeamAUS

Custom Title
    I think it's a good thing that they have ranked every skater from novice to senior.

Custom Title
    Check out the TES total differences in the Novice Ladies...or lack thereof!

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Check out the TES total differences in the Novice Ladies...or lack thereof!
    I agree. It's all way too close!! I think the winners of the novice ladies will come down to the components score. In saying that, with the judges these days, if your technical is the best, your artistic marks seem to get a boost also.

#TeamAUS

News

The Schedule for the 2013 Australian Figure Skating Championships have been updated.

Click the link below to see.
    http://afsc2013.com.au/wp-content/up...9-Nov-2013.pdf

Click this link to get a more simplified version of the schedule
    http://afsc2013.com.au/wp-content/up...-of-Events.pdf

Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast