Australian figure skaters | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GF2445

Record Breaker
Due to a late start there will be a 15 minute delay. The Junior Men's Short Program will begin at around 6:15pm

GF2445

Record Breaker
I will be recapping all events tomorrow.

Also, the real serious competition begins tomorrow. All the best for all our skaters competing in the senior events.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Also, the real serious competition begins tomorrow.

I appreciate all the work you're doing, but really, that's a bit rude. For any competitor who has been at Nationals so far this is a "real serious" competition. That they are not Senior level doesn't make it any less real, or less serious.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I appreciate all the work you're doing, but really, that's a bit rude. For any competitor who has been at Nationals so far this is a "real serious" competition. That they are not Senior level doesn't make it any less real, or less serious.

ok, maybe not real serious- but there is literally more at stake in this division. Spots for 2014 worlds, 2014 four continents, being part of the international team, junior grand prix, junior worlds, funding (if you are part of the international team), achieving the ISA's technical minimums etc. are up for grabs.

I wasnt meaning to offend anyone at all when i meant real serious. Im sorry if that offended you. I have valued every division the competition so far...and im really serious when im i saying that. Im not throwing mumbo jumbo words around.
I have been watching and recording results from day one because the championships really excited me. I really care about these championships and i have valued each competitor's contribution and was extatic for all who medalled and all who show future potential. All competition is real serious to each competitor but if you objectively measured what is at stake in amongst all divisions, there is literally more at stake in the senior and junior levels.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Darian Kaptich of Queensland takes a 5 point lead after the Junior Men's Short Program

Current Results after the Short Program
1. Darian Kaptich QLD 47.27
2. Charlton Doherty QLD 42.41
3. Harley Dahlstrom NSW 39.58

Click Link Below to see Event Protocols
[Currently Not Available]

GF2445

Record Breaker
:):laugh::clap::party2::party:

Here are the current medal standings after five days of competition.

RankStateGoldSilverBronzeTotal
1QLD84214
2NSW64919
3NZL3104
4SA3014
5VIC2608
6WA1315

GF2445

Record Breaker
A Reminder that Day six begins at 1:00pm AEST. Today is the start of the major divisions. Please see schedule below. A new link to you tube live streaming will come in due time.

Day Six Coverage begins at 1:00pm AEST

13:00:00 Novice Ladies Free Skating
16:30:00 Junior Men Free Skating
17:30:00 Junior Ice Dance Short Dance
17:42:00 Senior Ice Dance Short Dance
18:30:00 Senior Ladies Short Program
20:15:00 Senior Men Short Program

GF2445

Record Breaker
Masterful performance by Paris Stephens. So delicate in skating style. Nice to see that she is doing both disciplines. She should take the lead after these marks.

...and she does- by six marks!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Don't forget that the Ice Dance Event will commence in about three hours time.

There is one junior Ice Dance entry and three in the senior event.

GF2445

Record Breaker
At this years championships there are have been some stand out skaters. I just want to mention a few.

Primary Ladies
Holly Harris of NSW- She is coached by Cheltzie's old coaches Kylie Fennell and Gloria Pracey. Her choreography reminds me of Gracie Gold- picture perfect.

Novice Ladies
Maggie O'Toole of NSW-She is also coached by Fennell and Pracey. She was the first person in the whole championships to land a double Axel cleanly

Novice Men
James Min- He was the first person in the competition to do triple jumps- which is amazing for someone his age and his height. He did a Firebird Routine and had the Machida intensity to match it.
James Thompson- He has Charlie White Hair and he had a good skate overall.

Junior Ladies
Kailani Craine- Her determination to land her jumps reminds me of Tara Lapinski. She is a fighter when she attacks those triples. She needs to work on those jumps to avoid having the underrotater tag like Mirai has.
Renee Hambly- She had a Lady Gaga SP and had the costume and hair to match.

Junior Men
Darien Kaptich- Best man on the night, he can do triples and can do a sort of full beillman, which is amazing since most of the competitors thus far in amy of the divisions opted to only do a haircutter position.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Group three (of four) is on now.

Fantastic skates by Amelia Sadler and then Marga Midorikawa. We had some Scheherazade.

GF2445

Record Breaker
WOW 58.03 from O'Brien and Merriman!

Technical 33.34
Presentation 24.69
SS 6.17
T/LF 6.00
P/E 6.25
C/C 6.25
I/T 6.17

Fantastic result. The Presentation score is correct in my opinion. The technical score was very generous.....VERY generous!

You can hear Greg joking after the results that they were inflated and that they will never get scores like that at the Olympics! Love that guy- extremely laconic. :laugh:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Chantelle is not on the ice. Though I can't see the faces very well, Chantelle is a clockwise spinner and everyone on the ice is spinning counter clockwise.

I need to check to see if she is in another skating position.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Chantelle Kerry has withdrawn from the Senior Ladies' Event. The reason is yet not known.