Australian figure skaters | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Chantelle is not on the ice. Though I can't see the faces very well, Chantelle is a clockwise spinner and everyone on the ice is spinning counter clockwise.

I need to check to see if she is in another skating position.

Just checked the results page. No Chantelle. We're going to start with skater number 2.

And since no-one else saw fit to mention it in here, congratulations to Dilli Kenyon from the ACT on her Novice Ladies title!

Orange Cat

On the Ice
Chantelle Kerry has withdrawn from the Senior Ladies' Event. The reason is yet not known.

If Chantelle has withdrawn... Then her case against Brooklee will be moot, won't it?

I hope, in any case, that she has not withdrawn due to pressure concerning the appeal against Brooklee. I hope she is ok, and am sad that we won't get to see Chantelle and Brooklee skate against each other this year.

Orange Cat

On the Ice
Also GF, thank you so so much for your updates, your comments and your enthusiasm! I am also a student and amateur skating fan but your passion and dedication makes me look almost disinterested by comparison! Would you ever consider working for the ISA?

GF2445

Record Breaker
If Chantelle has withdrawn... Then her case against Brooklee will be moot, won't it?

I hope, in any case, that she has not withdrawn due to pressure concerning the appeal against Brooklee. I hope she is ok, and am sad that we won't get to see Chantelle and Brooklee skate against each other this year.

If Nationals were taken into account then yes but Nationals are not taken into account when designating Olympic spots.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Impossible Catch. Dani & Greg take a 23 point lead after the Short Dance.

Current Results after the Short Dance
1. Danielle O'Brien & Gregory Merriman NSW 58.03
2. Ayesha Campbell & Shane Speden NZL 35.07
3. Adele Morrison & Lochran Doherty QLD 24.14
Junior: Rhiarna Lagoutaris & Thomas Masters NSW 28.70

Click Link Below to see the Protocols
Junior: http://isa.org.au/Results/2013_AFSC/AFSC2013_JuniorIceDance_SD_Scores.pdf
http://isa.org.au/Results/2013_AFSC/AFSC2013_SeniorIceDance_SD_Scores.pdf

GF2445

Record Breaker
Brooklee Absolutely Smashed that Short Program.

3Lz+2T
3Lo (Over Rotated)
2A (Much improved)

Level 4 for all spins
Level 2 for steps

Lots of cameras. Enormous cheers at the end. Let's see where it will leave her.....

Scores are in... WHOA!!!!

33.53 Technical
25.08 Presentation

58.61 Total!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Woohoo! Finally I can actually watch some live skating! Loving Senior Men's so far...can't wait to rewind and watch Novice Ladies, Senior Dance and Senior Ladies!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
QUAD ALERT!

Brendan: 4T (step out but looked rotated), 3A GORGEOUS, 1Lz-3T (oops, that's an illegal, it'll be chucked).

Not his best performance but so thrilled to see him put in the quad!

GF2445

Record Breaker
I agree karne. The quality of this mens field has definitely improved on the whole.

Too many mistakes from Brendan though. His 1Lz +3T will still count but since he opened up on the lutz, that element had to get a -2 or -3 GOE from the judges.

What a great quad attempt though. I wished the replay showed the quad. Im not sure if he fully rotated or two footed it.

...oh i just realised that the grand prix final is on now....oops.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Protocol's up and Brendan did rotate the quad, but he didn't get all the levels on the nonjumps.

Brendan landed the only 3A...Mark Webster's was 3A<.

Doddses remain the best-dressed IMO. Jordan's burgundy velvet coat is :love:

Reading the Senior Ladies protocol is interesting. I am waiting for the videos but I am definitely wondering, looking at the protocols, how the hell Jaimee Nobbs is 4th.

Just watched it, still not convinced that 4th and 5th are in the right order.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Kranjec steps up and leads our Sochi Representative after Short Program.

Current Results after the Short Program
1. David Kranjec *Well done for a clean program QLD 61.31
2. Brendan Kerry *Good job putting in the Quad, Wonderful Triple Axel but Spins need work and the combination was off. NSW 60.89
3. Mark Webster *It's so great to see him doing well again. Great that he got his triple flip out. NSW 54.64

Click Link Below to see the Event Protocols
http://isa.org.au/Results/2013_AFSC/AFSC2013_SeniorMen_SP_Scores.pdf

GF2445

Record Breaker
:):laugh::clap::party2::party:

Here are the current medal standings after six days of competition.

RankStateGoldSilverBronzeTotal
1QLD96318
2NSW641020
3NZL3104
4SA3014
5VIC2608
6WA1315
7ACT1001

GF2445

Record Breaker
Final Day of Skating at the 2013 Australian Figure Skating Championships begins in less than 2 hours! Senior Ladies start at 12:00pm (1 hour 40 minutes time). Senior Men are at 2:00pm and Junior & Senior Ice Dance starts at 3:45pm.

Please Join us today and watch before more Grand Prix Final Action begins.
http://www.youtube.com/user/IceSkatingVictoria

In the Ladies' Event, Brooklee is skating last.
In the Men's Mark is fifth, Brendan is sixth and David is last to start.
In the Ice Dance, Dani & Greg are skating last.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is the stream broken for anyone else?