Australian figure skaters | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I went to bed...been a long week at work and I was too exhausted to sit up. Fortunately, I banged the record button on my fancy box, so this morning I'm watching it all...can't wait to see (some) of the skating!!!!

GF2445

Record Breaker
I went to bed...been a long week at work and I was too exhausted to sit up. Fortunately, I banged the record button on my fancy box, so this morning I'm watching it all...can't wait to see (some) of the skating!!!!

It's really good.
Also, I like how Belinda Noonan says it how she sees it. Not the most confident commentator but learn alot about skating from her commentary.

Also....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANI!!! :party2::party::hb::clap::yay:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Follow Australia's best Ice Dancers on their Olympic Journey on Twitter!!!

Wish Dani & Greg Good Luck on their Twitter Handle: @obrienmerriman

Or leave a message for them on the Australian Olympic Team Fan Wall!
http://sochi2014.olympics.com.au/fan-zone/fan-zone/fan-wall

Recent Tweet @AUSOlympicteam retweeted by @obrienmerriman:

"Best birthday party ever? Happy Birthday Dani!"

https://twitter.com/OBrienMerriman/status/431838769848020992/photo/1

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So far Channel 10 have shown Plushy three times. I very much like this turn of events.

Currently on One HD they are showing women's ice hockey. Coverage has only just started on Ten again, I shall tell you what they are showing in a moment, but it seems like we are getting a split broadcast, which would be AMAZING and what I've been crying out for since we got so many digital channel.

EDIT:

Wanted to add, I very much like Channel 10's casting of Plushenko. They are creating him as a mighty returning hero, the king. :) Actually, they haven't cast a villain. Yet.

(The slopestyle judges aren't going to be invited for interviews anytime soon :laugh:)

Men's slopestyle final on Channel 10. Split broadcasting. You have no idea how happy this makes me.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Bored of ice hockey on One so watching Roy and HG's Russian Revolution on Ten. I don't usually like them but they're quite funny tonight.

The bear is now named Boof in Australia after our legendary cricket coach.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I must say, scoring in freestyle skiing and snowboarding is more outragous than figure skating!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Dale Begg-Smith tonight - sometime. I keep forgetting when. Oh well. Mogul gold! (I hope!)

GF2445

Record Breaker
Pairs SP tonight.
No Aussies in this event but we have an Aussie commentator and she loves talking about pairs and dance events...especially the pairs!

Belonda Noonan and Chris Howarth doing a good job.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Pairs SP tonight.
No Aussies in this event but we have an Aussie commentator and she loves talking about pairs and dance events...especially the pairs!

Belonda Noonan and Chris Howarth doing a good job.

That was some great Pair's commentary. Very informative and honest comments!

Learned ALOT about pairs, especially the fine details of the SPLIT triple twist (I thought the split was the separation between the man and the woman as she is twisting in the air, but the split refers to the woman's actually doing the splits before she twists!!) Chris Howarth will now on Eurosport call it the Split Triple Twist and not just a Triple Twist!

I also learned lots of names of lifts from the hip lift to the platter to the star lift and even got the name for Berton/Hotarek's SP lift (The One-handed Detroiter)!

Maybe she doesn't have the same degree of wow factor but it's easy to understand.
Chris Howarth provides a great counter balance with his wealth of experience and creates the excitement. It's a little disjointed but it works!

Managed to stay up for the whole event (2am-6am in Australia)!

GF2445

Record Breaker
In other news, I'm liking Brendan's odds after the release of the starting order for the Men's SP. 9th from the top (in Group 2) and in Plushenko's and Abbott's Warm Up group!

C'mon PCS boost!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That was some great Pair's commentary. Very informative comments! Managed to stay up for the whole event (2am-6am in Australia)!

I am impressed with your stamina. I had to go to work today so no pairs for me.

Aussies, BE CAREFUL when setting any recording devices. At the start of the night Channel Ten tell you what's on which channel. Don't listen to them. Last night they said the Pairs SP would be on One, so I only set to record One. When I watched back, I discovered that they showed ONE pair and said, "To see the rest, switch over to Ten now". THEY LIED. :mad:

So basically, set both channels to record if you can, because who knows what it'll be on. Thank goodness it was only the pairs I missed.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I am impressed with your stamina. I had to go to work today so no pairs for me.

Aussies, BE CAREFUL when setting any recording devices. At the start of the night Channel Ten tell you what's on which channel. Don't listen to them. Last night they said the Pairs SP would be on One, so I only set to record One. When I watched back, I discovered that they showed ONE pair and said, "To see the rest, switch over to Ten now". THEY LIED. :mad:

So basically, set both channels to record if you can, because who knows what it'll be on. Thank goodness it was only the pairs I missed.

In hindsight, it was a mistake. I am exhausted now! Tonight it starts at 2:45am!!!!! I may miss the Free and save up the energy for the Men's event!
Having a good feeling that Brendan will make the FS- mid 60s will do.

I have to trust tenplay to see the repeats. Fingers crossed that they will load the event. Tenplay has loaded everything except the Team Ladies' and Pairs SP and the Individual Pairs SP.