Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian figure skaters

Custom Title
    Yay Aussie Aussie Aussie! the down under skaters did just fine at 4CCs Okay the men were a bit of a splatfest and Brooklee went up againt some strong ladies -some who skated poorly. NO shame at all. Yes boots and everyone thinks it is a simple answer custom made or whatever can really destory yuo - look at kevin Reynolds no. 5 in the world and is just starting to compete now and probably only because he wants to go to the olympics even with bad boots (no jokes about his hair please).

#TeamAUS

News

"Where it all began- Danielle's Blog"

Australian Ice Dancer Danielle O'Brien shares how she wanted to be an Olympian since the age of 9.
    [Includes pictures that will make you smile]

Article Written by Danielle O'Brien for the Australian Olympic Committee
    Published on February 2, 2014

http://sochi2014.olympics.com.au/blo...anielle-s-blog

#TeamAUS

News

Brooklee Han Barlow alumna to skate for Australian team during the 2014 Winter Olympics

"Brooklee Han, 18, Joel Barlow High School alumna and Redding resident, will have her dream of competing for the Australian Women’s Ice Skating team in the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, fulfilled.

Ms. Han has dreamed of being in the Olympics since she was 6 years old, she said.

“My mom tells a story from when I was 6. … I said, ‘I can compete at the Olympics with horses when I am older, I can play my violin at Carnegie Hall when I am older, but I have to skate in the Olympics now when I am young,’” Ms. Han recalled..."

Article Written by Peter DiPaola for the Easton Courier (Connecticut)
    Published on February 2, 2014

http://www.eastoncourier.com/8943/br...nter-olympics/

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Go Brooklee! Since Hubbell & Donohue didn't make the U.S. dance team, she's the only skater from my state, Connecticut, at the Olympics, AFAIK.

Custom Title
    Rufus Wainwright will be rooting for Danielle and Gregory!

http://www.rufuswainwright.com/

Custom Title
    this is so exciting to see some Aussies skating - well I guess some are kind of transplanted but still. It makes this a world event. I wonder if they can win a medal in some event. I don't think figure skating this year but who knows what other sport.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    this is so exciting to see some Aussies skating - well I guess some are kind of transplanted but still. It makes this a world event. I wonder if they can win a medal in some event. I don't think figure skating this year but who knows what other sport.
    Australia has five Winter golds, 1 silver, and three bronze

Snowboarding and ariel skiing are pretty good chances this year

Custom Title
    Awesome awesome awesome! I hope the whole team just has a good time and shows the world what it is all about. Can't wait to see the team uniforms.

Custom Title
    Bet a lot of people don't know that Steven Bradbury appears on the medal list twice...our 5000 relay team won Bronze in Atlanta.

But the one everyone will remember, of course, is that gold.

#TeamAUS

News

Ready, set, Sochi …

"Strathfield ice dancer Danielle O’Brien first entered a skating rink because it was too hot to go rollerblading outside. Now, 23-year-old Danielle is preparing for a different kind of heat as her and ice dancing partner, 25-year-old Greg Merriman of Canterbury compete in their first Olympic Games in Russia from 7 to 23 February.

The pair aren’t the only athletes from the inner-west (of Sydney) to make the journey to cooler climes. Just over a week before the games begin, 19–year-old....

Article Written by Belinda Noonan for Burwood Scene (A Local Newspaper in Sydney's Inner West)
    Published on February 4, 2014

http://www.burwoodscene.com.au/2014/...ady-set-sochi/

#TeamAUS
    Very Excited!

The Australian Team's Uniforms for the Opening Ceremony will be revealed later today (Wednesday Evening Australian Time)
    and the Flag Bearer will be announced on Thursday.

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Go Brooklee! Since Hubbell & Donohue didn't make the U.S. dance team, she's the only skater from my state, Connecticut, at the Olympics, AFAIK.

Not to worry!
    There is also another skater from CT- Siobhan Heekin-Canedy with Dmitri Dun representing Ukraine

http://stamford.dailyvoice.com/sport...sochi-olympics

#TeamAUS

News

Sochi Olympic stars from The Hills

"THE Hills are alive with anticipation, or at least they should be.

It's not every fortnight the district has two representatives at a pinnacle of international sporting competition.

It will have at the Winter Olympics starting in Sochi, Russia this week in the form of Brendan Kerry and Jana Pittman..."

Article Written for Hills News Newspaper (A Local Newspaper from Sydney's Hill's District)
    Published on February 4, 2013

http://www.hillsnews.com.au/story/20...hills/?cs=1580

#TeamAUS

News

Ice dancing duo Greg Merriman and Danielle O'Brien primed for Sochi Winter Olympic Games

"Ice dancing duo Greg Merriman and Danielle O'Brien are finally able to represent Australia in the Winter Olympic Games, after a medical emergency set them back at the last Games..."

Article Written by Chris Georgakopoulos for the Daily Telegraph: Canterbury-Bankstown Express (In Sydney's South West)
    Published on February 4, 2014

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226816786429

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Very Excited!

The Australian Team's Uniforms for the Opening Ceremony will be revealed later today (Wednesday Evening Australian Time)
    and the Flag Bearer will be announced on Thursday.
    Flag bearer announcement will be live on the "Sochi's Big Bash" show on channel 10 at 8:30pm AEST.

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast