Australian figure skaters | Page 36 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Not to worry, Australia already has a senior B event- Skate DownUnder which is held in August!

Is it going to be held again this year? I was hoping so, but I haven't heard anything.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Well Done Brooklee- top20 in the world is always something very special. I hope to see alot more from her technically (get that 3Lz sorted and possibly a 3F) and some new spin positions. Fingers crossed that she will get a spot on a Grand Prix next season. She is so close to achieving it!

Overall, it was a solid post Olympics world championships for Australia. Will be excited to see what happens next season. There are many questions yet to be answered!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Is it going to be held again this year? I was hoping so, but I haven't heard anything.

According to the news reports around skate downunder, the organisers talked about how great that Australia has an annual senior international B but we will see how we go!

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Skate Downunder will not run in the 2014-2015 season. When holding a senior b was originally discussed, it was proposed that it be done every 2nd year,not every year

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Skate Downunder will not run in the 2014-2015 season. When holding a senior b was originally discussed, it was proposed that it be done every 2nd year,not every year

That's fair enough. It's a pretty big undertaking.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Good job for Team Australia in Saitama. Brooklee Han and O'Brien / Merriman skated well.

Yeah, this world championship was truly something special. Whe the stands are full of supportive fans, you know that it will be a great competition!

GF2445

Record Breaker
All the best for Australia' Amelia Jackson, who is competing in the Novice Ladies' division at the Triglav Trophy today.

All a big good luck to Team Nova who will e competing at worlds this weekend.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Amelia jackson in 10th after the short in the novice ladies at the Triglav trophy
Team Nova in 19th place at SynchromWorlds

GF2445

Record Breaker
Well Done Team Nova 19th Place

But a bigger Well Done to Dani and Greg for finishing their careers so strongly. They defied the odds and have showed that if you dream big and you aim for it with everything you have, you can make it!
Very Inspiring.

It's sad to see that Australia now has no Ice Dancers that can follow immediately after them but I hope that they have inspired a young dance couple to dream and aim big.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Im must say, this month in skating has beed filled with news!

Dani and Greg retiring

And others like
-Meryl owning DWTS 39/40 like C'mon!!! And charlie being told his rhumba wasnt one.
-Russian Ladies' claiming to want to learn trille axels and Quad Toeloops.
-Ice Shows in America and Japan and canada soon
-Synchro Worlds and murmers of a push to put it in the Olympics...and THAT performance at the opening ceremony
-Cinquanta being...Ottavio Cinquanta- which isnt good. IMO i dont think he is really protecting the interests of any of the ISU sports, not even his pet sports. The only interests he is interested in protecting are his own.
-Massimo moving from DSC to Arctic Edge- an intering move in the battle for ice dance supremace in Detroit- its DSC's time now.
-US pair engaged
-Russian Split and Switch in Ice Dance
-just as Canada seemed to be putting skating in a sort of higher realm of popularity in compared to the last 5 years, CBC cuts put figure skating coverage on thin ice and battle of the blades being iced again for good.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
-just as Canada seemed to be putting skating in a sort of higher realm of popularity in compared to the last 5 years, CBC cuts put figure skating coverage on thin ice and battle of the blades being iced again for good.

Yes, true. Although it's not CBC that's causing the cuts - it's the Conservative Government. You'd think they would realize that our Canadian team just won 2 medals at Worlds and that it would be good to continue support and momentum for covering this sport in Canada leading up to 2018.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Yes, true. Although it's not CBC that's causing the cuts - it's the Conservative Government. You'd think they would realize that our Canadian team just won 2 medals at Worlds and that it would be good to continue support and momentum for covering this sport in Canada leading up to 2018.

Yeah the conservative government in my country are trying to cut funding for 2 channels in Australia (Australian Broadcasting network or ABC and SBS Australia) because they do not share the government's conservative stances (especially the ABC) on issues in Australia especially issues such as Asylum Seekers. Those channels are also the channels that try to bradcast through tv and radio programming in different languages and promoting the arts in Australia.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
FYI: We have moved the thread to the Fan Fests thread so all of GF's (and everyone else's work) can be preserved forever!

We love having a cheering crew for the Aussies!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! *cheering happily*

Well we get the first taste of what's to come in the Australian competition season tomorrow with a little pre-runner in Sydney to the first international qualifier in June. Chantelle Kerry will be running through her program after her Olympic disappointment earlier this year so it will be interesting to see how she has regrouped.
Also worth watching out for are the two junior dance teams who are being coached by British coach John Dunn who has previously worked in Barcelona with a Spanish couple. Australia is looking for a team to step up after O'Brien and Merriman's retirement so it will be interesting to see what they've pulled out of the hat.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Well we get the first taste of what's to come in the Australian competition season tomorrow with a little pre-runner in Sydney to the first international qualifier in June. Chantelle Kerry will be running through her program after her Olympic disappointment earlier this year so it will be interesting to see how she has regrouped.
Also worth watching out for are the two junior dance teams who are being coached by British coach John Dunn who has previously worked in Barcelona with a Spanish couple. Australia is looking for a team to step up after O'Brien and Merriman's retirement so it will be interesting to see what they've pulled out of the hat.

@Downunderskatingfan
I'm really excited about the TWO dance teams coming into the competitive scene. I wish them all the best.

Also, I really hope that Chantelle has a great start to the season. The illness that she had must of been awful but it's a new day and a new start for her.

So now Australia has a young and strengthened Men's team, a competitive ladies' team, a pairs program (a big thanks to the Dodds brothers) and new Dance teams on the way. This is great news.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Having a look at the ISU seasons rankings, after removing all the skaters who said they either retired or resting this year, there might be a chance that Brooklee could get an assignment. She is right on the edge though. Fingers crossed because we haven't had an Australian compete in the grand prix in a LONG time.

Grand Prix assignment will be released on June 27.

In the mean time, we will be waiting on the ISU, who i hope is going to get their c**p together at the congress and elimate anonymous judging. Grand Prix assignments are released late June/Early July