Australian figure skaters | Page 37 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GF2445

Record Breaker
Current National Rankings Update.

Ranking are based on the sum of their best TES Score in the SP and FS. Both International and Major Domestic Competitions count. Only Scores during each season count. The rankings reset at the start of every season.

Ladies
1. Brooklee Han 85.20
2. Chantelle Kerry 71.37
*3. Taylor Dean 45.71
4. Jaimee Nobs 42.54

*= Not selected to compete in the Senior Division.

Men's
1. Brendan Kerry 100.83
2. David Kranjec 84.34
3. Andrew Dodds 77.52
4. Mark Webster 77.38
5. Jordan Dodds 70.04
6. Cameron Hemmert 62.68

Pairs
Paris Stephens/Matthew Dodds 60.02

GF2445

Record Breaker
Next Month is the first major event in the Australian Skating Calendar, the Hollins Trophy. Will keep this page posted about any new developments!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Junior Grand Prix Quota Entries!!
Overall, it's looking quite good, however, I wonder if we are going to take our dance spots. Fingers crossed that it would be possible.

JGP Courchevel, France- 1 Lady, 1 Man
JGP Ljubljana, Slovenia- 1 Man
JGP Ostrava, Czech Republic- 1 Pair
JGP Nagoya, Japan- 1 Lady, 1 Man, 1 Dance
JGP Tallinn, Estonia- 1 Lady, 1 Man, 1 Pair
JGP Dresden, Germany- N/A
JGP Zagreb, Croatia- 1 Lady, 1 Pair, 1 Dance

GF2445

Record Breaker
Tweet to Brooklee- Recent Tweet from @brookleeh95

"Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Be inspired and follow Brooklee by following her using the Twitter Handle: @brookleeh95

GF2445

Record Breaker
Seems Brendan's a lot more active on instagram than twitter :laugh:

And seems we've got a little romantic as our lead man! ;)

I know! When i found his page, it was like...wow, he seems to have such a personality off the ice. I wish i could see more of it on the ice. If he can skate more from his heart and let his personality shine, i am confident that he can take that next step and be amazing. He needs to believe (and get a better choreographer!)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I know! When i found his page, it was like...wow, he seems to have such a personality off the ice. I wish i could see more of it on the ice. If he can skate more from his heart and let his personality shine, i am confident that he can take that next step and be amazing. He needs to believe (and get a better choreographer!)

It wouldn't be the first time that Brendan has put me in mind of Joshua...

As to the choreographer - well, I loved the SP this season (I saw it done perfectly live and oh, it was wonderful!), and the first LP was really great (again, saw it almost clean live and wow!). Not so sure about the second LP but I only saw it once (on the livestream of Nationals). I think whatever he's got now is working for him fairly well - and it must also be remembered that getting a new program is an expensive exercise.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Joshua Farris?

Yeah. Sometimes they remind me of one another. Tall handsome young man who's shy, has trouble putting personality on the ice, big beautiful straight-in-the-air jumps, lovely long lines and inherent artistry...

GF2445

Record Breaker
Yeah. Sometimes they remind me of one another. Tall handsome young man who's shy, has trouble putting personality on the ice, big beautiful straight-in-the-air jumps, lovely long lines and inherent artistry...

Yeah. I can see that. I also see them both being more introspectiv/introverted stakers (you can see it by they way they focus in during their programs). In saying that Joshua has developed his artistic side so much and its beautiful to watch.brendan has that but he says he finds the artistic side hard (when he switched programs) and needs to flick that switch which would allow him to do that.
HE CAN but he needs to really believe that he can.

Hollins Trophy results over the weekend

Junior men- john Sothea Min 125.83
Junior Ladies - kailani Craine 126.16
Junior dance - Matilda Friend/William Badaoui 92.84
Senior men - Jordan Dodds 129.81
Senior ladies - Kailani Craine 132.72
Senior dance - Alexandra Midfleton/Cameron Ord - 52.72
No pairs teams

GF2445

Record Breaker
My word. Kailani can jump!!

3Lz+2T
3Lo+1Lo+3Lo!!!????!!!!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!

There is still an issue with rotation and edge calls but this is gutsy!!

Also, Joshua Min of SA is surely getting his basic triples in order. He has promise!
Also, a promising result from Martilda and William- maybe Australia will use their JGP Dance spots.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
My word. Kailani can jump!!

3Lz+2T
3Lo+1Lo+3Lo!!!????!!!!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!

There is still an issue with rotation and edge calls but this is gutsy!!

Also, Joshua Min of SA is surely getting his basic triples in order. He has promise!
Also, a promising result from Martilda and William- maybe Australia will use their JGP Dance spots.

I do so hope there are Aussie dancers on the JGP. And in seniors, too, I hope. I miss Dani and Greg already.

GF2445

Record Breaker
The junior dance team has the qualifying scores and if all goes well will make their JGP debut this year

Was Matilda and William one of the two junior ice dance couples you posted about not to long ago. Looking at their protocols, they seems to have some nice elements up their sleeves.

Its great to hear that they have obtained the necessary ISA benchmarks to compete internationally. I wish this team all the best. I hope they continue to improve and hope to see them compete.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Was Matilda and William one of the two junior ice dance couples you posted about not to long ago. Looking at their protocols, they seems to have some nice elements up their sleeves.

Its great to hear that they have obtained the necessary ISA benchmarks to compete internationally. I wish this team all the best. I hope they continue to improve and hope to see them compete.

Ahh. So both Matilda and William AND Rhianna and Thomas are our two up and coming dance teams. That's great news!!