Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian figure skaters

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    The nasty factor displayed on the main FD board during the first flights, particularly aimed at less experienced skaters who should be applauded as pioneers, was disgusting and juvenile.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaat? Who said that? They're for it now! RAWR!

They're only 25 and 24. By the next Games they'd be 29 and 28, which is not too old...heck, with the longevity for ice dancers, if they really wanted, they could go all the way to 2022!
    I'm the one who said they need more speed--which they undeniably do--but I also said they had charm. And that you can train for more speed but you either have charm or you don't--and they have it. So a little credit please.

It was indeed a charming program and I look forward to seeing them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    I'm the one who said they need more speed--which they undeniably do--but I also said they had charm. And that you can train for more speed but you either have charm or you don't--and they have it. So a little credit please.

It was indeed a charming program and I look forward to seeing them in the future.
    Yes I will have to defend WA. We both defended Dani and Greg in the FD thread -- WA noted their charm; I said I enjoyed watching them -- , which we joked would put us before a firing squad given the overall negativity of the other posts. (Actually, I made that joke; WA may or may not have found that funny).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Yes I will have to defend WA. We both defended Dani and Greg in the FD thread -- WA noted their charm; I said I enjoyed watching them -- , which we joked would put us before a firing squad given the overall negativity of the other posts. (Actually, I made that joke; WA may or may not have found that funny).
    I did find it funny and I was going to tell you I was sticking to my guns, but after the firing squad comment I thought it might not be the most appropo response! LOL!

Look, I love snark as much as the next person (I'm a HUGE fan of The Skating Lesson for instance, and find Dave Lease both very knowledgeable and very funny), but there's a difference between snark with a purpose and snark which is just mean-spirited. But as they say, the dogs may snark but the caravan rolls on.

ETA: The snark is not referring to you Mrs. P but to the fly-by-nighters who seem to sign on for a big competition JUST so they can be snarky and then disappear back into the internet ether.

Custom Title
    Awww, I should've known there was more to it than that!

It's okay, I've found a new person to rawr at, I just read what Johnny said about Dani. That wasn't nice criticism like you guys, that was MEAN.

Anyway, they were darling. And they were joy on ice.

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post

I'm sorry weak ankles, I must've misread the your comments. I didn't mean you at all. I do agree with your point exactly- they needed more speed. It's easier to do everything slower but it costs PCS marks!

#TeamAUS
    Follow Australia's Ladies' National Champion!!!

Wish Brooklee Good Luck on their Twitter Handle: @brookleeh95

Or leave a message for them on the Australian Olympic Team Fan Wall!
    http://sochi2014.olympics.com.au/fan...-zone/fan-wall

Recent Tweet @brookleeh95:

"Went back to Neuschwanstein Castle today!! It was a much better day for photo ops than in September!… http://instagram.com/p/kcZ6QEzdCY/ "

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Annnnnnnnnd Buzzfeed posted an article about "heartbreaking reactions at the Olympics" complete with a giant picture of Brendan tearing up in the Kiss and Cry.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    Annnnnnnnnd Buzzfeed posted an article about "heartbreaking reactions at the Olympics" complete with a giant picture of Brendan tearing up in the Kiss and Cry.

#TeamAUS

News

PREVIEW: Han leaps onto the Sochi stage

"FIGURE SKATING: The highest rating event of the Winter Olympics gets underway tomorrow, with the Ladies’ Individual Figure Skating short program taking place at the Iceberg Skating Palace in Sochi. Australia’s Brooklee Han is delighted to be part of the spectacle.

Han will be the ninth skater to take to the ice after the event gets underway at 7.00pm local time (2.00am Thurs AEDT).

“I’m pretty happy with my draw,” Han said. “I’m not in the first group so that’s good and I think it’s a good spot for me to be in. The first group is always tough... And just because of the stigma, no one ever wants to go first...”

Article Written by Alice Wheeler for the Australian Olympic Committee
    Published February 19, 2014

http://sochi2014.olympics.com.au/new...he-sochi-stage

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Best wishes to Brooklee!

#TeamAUS

News

Barlow grad Han has drive to succeed on ice

"She put on the figure skates for the first time when she was 5 years old, slowly getting used to the spins and the jumps and the footwork that comes with being a ballerina on ice.

Brooklee Han skated for that first time at the Brewster (N.Y.) Ice Arena, but as she grew older and trained more and more, there were plenty of stops at the Newington Arena. For seven years, she skated and trained and became a solid figure skater. When her mother convinced her to go to a skating camp in Simsbury, that's when everything changed..."

Article Written by Chris Elsberry for the Stamford Advocate
    Published February 18, 2014

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/spor...ce-5246151.php

Custom Title
    GF2445, can you find any videos of Brooklee Han from 4CC? or from nationals?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    The Ice Skating Victoria channel on Youtube still has all the archived videos of the live stream from Nationals, I think. It would be the last day...I am not sure about what time, but probably four hours in or so.

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    Hi icellist. I did some searching on youtube but i wasnt able to find a video. Sorry about that.

Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast