Australian figure skaters | Page 41 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GF2445

Record Breaker
A very powerful skater with the biggest jumps I've ever seen on an Australian lady. Huge, powerful, strong. Very fierce and great to watch when on.

I do hope she has worked on her long program issue, however.

Yes, her double jumps are huge. Maybe she's ready for triples next season? I think she is from the same club (on the central coast) as Kailani as they have the same Coach and kailani also has massive jumps.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
Hambly has been skating junior for at least four years, and has had the double axel since 2010. She certainly gets a lot of distance with the jump, that's for sure.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
Maybe so, but i am a big believer that sport needs some sort of commentary to guide the audience.but yeah its a fine balance and it depends on who the listeners are.
In this instance too much but these were probably friends of hers having some fun. They weresort of commentating like it was a rugby or football match where every little detail and strategy is pointed out with rule discussion and statistics etc. Thats the sort of commentary we here in our popular sports in Australia.

I guess so. But when they started fighting, I kind of switched off.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
Yes, her double jumps are huge. Maybe she's ready for triples next season? I think she is from the same club (on the central coast) as Kailani as they have the same Coach and kailani also has massive jumps.

I believe Kailani works in the United States with Tiffany Chin, and is already including 5 triples in her free skate, two in sequence.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hambly has been skating junior for at least four years, and has had the double axel since 2010. She certainly gets a lot of distance with the jump, that's for sure.

The first time I saw her do it live my eyes nearly popped out of my head. It's AMAZING.

Renee Hambly and Kailani are two amazing skaters with bucketloads of talent. It is so good to see that Australia is capable of producing our own competitive home grown skaters that the country can be proud of. Hopefully we won't have to go down the path of parachuting in foreign skaters in the coming years.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Are you still on that load of rubbish?

For the last time: BROOKLEE IS AUSTRALIAN. GET OVER IT.

Orange Cat

On the Ice
Downunderskatefan I share your excitement about Kailini and Renee Hambly, but as for the other part of your comment... I can see that karne has already responded, with stronger language than I will use, but if that was a dig at Brooklee, it was completely uncalled for. She is Australian and she identifies as Australian and I as an Australian was proud to have her represent us as a nation at the Olympics, and am excited to see her on the GP circuit. If you want to ban the "importation" of overseas-born Australians, or Australians who are living or training overseas, that would be rather difficult to police and would leave Australia without several top athletes in various fields.

GF2445

Record Breaker
@Downunderskatefan, your silence on this issue will be much appreciated now. Do you remember that we all agreed at the end of last season to leave this issue behind?

I believe most firmly that this issue has already been more than thoroughly discussed. There is now nothing that I or anyone else can probably add to this argument that is remotely insightful, thoughtful, meaningful, constructive, interesting, refreshing or even worth mentioning or listening now. It is best if we move on and celebrate figure skating in Australia.

To put it in the strongest terms, the attitude which you display in your comments (in terms of your last comment- an inference) against Brooklee solely because of she is not a 'true blue Aussie' are unreasonable, discriminatory and prejudicial. If this matter still is causing you much bother, it would be best if you make another fan thread. In the interest of celebrating Australia's figure skaters, it is not good to be spreading negative attitudes, especially as many young Australian Skaters look to Brooklee's skating (top skater with top marks at school- it's inspiring) and this soils that.

GF2445

Record Breaker
2014-2015 JGP News

Renee Hambly will be skating last in the Women's Short Program.
All the best to her.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Approximately 2am AEST, I think. Don't quote me on that, I'm not quite sure. Either way - sorry Renee, I have to go to work tomorrow, so I'll be asleep!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Approximately 2am AEST, I think. Don't quote me on that, I'm not quite sure. Either way - sorry Renee, I have to go to work tomorrow, so I'll be asleep!

I will try but no promises but i will definitely try to watch some tonight.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aussie Skater News

New to the Curcuit

With one week to go before the first Junior Grand Prix Stop this season in Courchevel, France. Representing Australia will be Renee Hambly of Newcastle on New South Wales' Central Coast. She will be making her first ever appearance on the Junior Grand Prix.

To introduce you guys to her, I've posted a like of the SP which she skated last year but she will be using next week.
Here is "Bond goes Gaga." Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7N9w2skY4s

Oh wow, those were some great jumps! And nice spins too :)

The commentary was amusing, although I could have done without the screaming, I thought my eardrums were going to pop.

But I hope she goes well at Courchevel!

Go, you good thing! :clap:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Recently Retired Ice Dancers helping out South Australian Skaters!

From Dani and Greg's Facebook Page

"What an awesome group of talented & focused skaters we had the opportunity to work with in South Australia over the weekend!

Big thanks to South Australia Ice Skating Association and the skaters & coaches for having us and making it such an inspiring and enjoyable weekend!

Big things to come from South Australia!"

https://www.facebook.com/2017973191...01797319184/10152699129409185/?type=1&theater

GF2445

Record Breaker
You would not believe what Brooklee saw when she visited Dick Button's Ice Pond Farm

" brooklee han @brookleeh95 · 10h
Met a new friend today while visiting Dick Button's Ice Pond Farm! A beautiful day spent with… http://instagram.com/p/sqisuQTdAl/ "

Follow Brooklee by following her using the Twitter Handle: @brookleeh95

Can't wait till the Nagoya Grand Prix kicks off! So excited to see Chantelle Kerry again and watch international debuts from James Min and Australia's new junior ice dance team!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Australian Skaters competing at JGP Aichi in Japan and at the US International Figure Skating Classic in Salt Lake City- the 1st stop on the ISU's innaugural Challenger Series.

Getting ready for a big weekwnd of skating