Australian figure skaters | Page 43 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GF2445

Record Breaker
We have hit 50,000 views on the 'Australian Figure Skaters' Thread! YAY!!! Thankyou Everyone :)

GF2445

Record Breaker
Team AUS ready for action!

https://twitter.com/Dodds22/status/512511525115142144

Great photo of Matthew Dodds, Jordan Dodds & Andrew Dodds with Paris Stephens, Eliza Smyth and Kailani Craine.
#BoxingKangaroo #GoSmashIt

Have Twitter? Show some love for the Dodd's Brothers.
Matthew Dodds- @Dodds22
Andrew Dodds- @Andrew_Dodds
Jordan Dodds- @Jordan_Dodds93

GF2445

Record Breaker
From AussieSkates Facebook Page

"Australian Ice Skaters enjoying dinner in Italy.
The restaurant we were eating in saw the lifts outside and asked the kids to lift again inside the restaurant so they could put it on their own Facebook page. A tight space and not one glass was kicked and nobody head butted a light fitting."

Just Casually doing Hand Press Lifts in a restaurant in Milan.

#TeamAustralia #Awesome #LastMinutePractice

https://www.facebook.com/dallapadellaallabraceristorantepizzeria

GF2445

Record Breaker
Well Done Kailani for taking out the Junior Ladies' Short Program at the Lombardia Trophy.
She has a 3-4 point buffer over second place.

All the best for the rest of #TeamAUS

GF2445

Record Breaker
WHAT A SKATE from Kailani Craine! That was wonderful.

At the moment, she has improved so much technically. The amount of jump deductions have decreased and she was rewarded high levels for most of her elements. On the presentation side, she is breaking into the 5's and her overall skating style has softened a little and this free skate had a muture look to it.

I hope this will be a great stepping stone as she goes to compete in Estonia next week.

Also, thankyou Tiffany Chin :)

Men's Event Next! All the best for Andrew Dodds and Brendan Kerry.

GF2445

Record Breaker
2014-2015 Aussie Skaters Medal Tally

:points::party2::hb::popcorn::agree:

GoldSilverBronzeTotal

*There are only three pairs in the junior pairs event so we are guaranteed another medal at Lombardia.

GF2445

Record Breaker
All the best for our pairs teams and Men's skaters for their respected Long Programs :)

GF2445

Record Breaker
2014-2015 Aussie Skaters Medal Tally

:points::party2::hb::popcorn::agree:

GoldSilverBronzeTotal
Congratulations for the Bronze Medal Eliza and Jordan. We have 10 International Medals this season so far!

GF2445

Record Breaker
2014-2015 Competition Results

Results for 7th Lombardia Trophy

Mens
--->Brendan Kerry: 166.55---> 9th/13 Skaters
--->Andrew Dodds: 136.05---> 12th/13 Skaters

Pairs
--->Paris Stephens and Matthew Dodds: 76.20---> 4th/4 Couples

Junior Ladies
--->Kailani Craine: 128.22---> 1st/16 Skaters

Junior Pairs
--->Eliza Smyth & Jordan Dodds--->: 77.26---> 3rd/3 Couples

GF2445

Record Breaker
Coming this weekend is another big weekend of skating for Team Australia.
Competing at JGP Tallinn is James Min, Kailani Craine and Eliza Smyth/Jordan Dodds.
Competing at the Nebelhorn Trophy, the third of eleven stops on the ISU Challenger Series are Andrew Dodds, Brooklee Han and Paris Stephens/Matthew Dodds.

Time to flesh out of what I hope to see for each of our skaters/couples.

Starting with our Junior Skaters

Junior Men: James Min PB Total 129.29- Aim for 135.00
He had a strong International Debut finishing 16th overall at JGP Aichi.
Short Program- PB 42.60>>>Aim for 45.00 I hope to see a performance like he did last JGP, where he enjoyed skating and evoking that 'cuteness' factor to both the audience and the judges. He needs to ensure though that he gets his 2A right and get a higher level for his change camel spin after his 3T+2T.
Free Skate- PB 86.69>>>Aim for 90.00 Last time he had a Technical Score of 38.63 which was 1.63 points shy of making the minimum TES for Junior Worlds. He's selling the program well so his second mark will take care for itself but he needs to make sure that his 3S is rotated and his 2A landed cleaner. The base value which he received was high enough to meed the Min TES but his GOE let him down.

Junior Ladies: Kailani Craine She scored 128.22 at 2014 Lombardia- Should aim for a number like that
Coming off a win at a Junior International, how is she going to cope having to compete for a second weekend in a row? Skating a second time is going to be tough. Is the score that she received at Lombardia match up against more 'official' judging panel, with 'higher' qualified judges and tech panels.

Short Program- She Scored 47.76 at Lombardia- Aim for the same Kailani has the scores to compete at all competitions, even Worlds and 4CC. For her, she needs to watch herself to ensure thatshe does not under rotate her jumps as they will make the difference. Something that I did notice was that she did take the extra time to prepare for her jumps and as a result, she lost some speed coming into her jumps. Something to work on when she gets back home. She got a level 3 for her change foot camel spin which is something she can work on during practices this week for the competition. If she skates a confident SP, her PCS will definitely benefit.
Free Skate- She Scored 80.46>>>Aim for the same Again, she needs to watch her landings as she got 2 underrotation calls, 1 call for an unclear edge into her Lutz and 2 downgrades. Everything else was quite solid. I noticed she has a planned 2F in her routine- maybe a 3T or 3S or even 2Lz instead would be good for her too. She only repeats 1 triple jump (3Lo) so doing a second 3S won't be a violation of Zayak rule. Again, her change foot camel got a level 2 so something to work on.

Junior Pairs- They scored 77.26 at Lombardia>>> Aim for 80.00 points
Basically, they should aim for this week to tidy up elements they can work on. In the Short Program their best elements were the Forward Inside Death Spiral and the Throw Double Loop so they need to execute them. They got a level three for their Combo Spins (Side by Side) so they need to get that level. They missed the Group 3 Lift so they need to get that as lifts are vital points.
For the Free Skate, again, they have to hold onto all their elements.

I love this pair alot and i hope that they will continue to improve, but at the moment, i can't really expect more from them currently. Generally speaking, they need more speed. They also need to work on those skating skills and become stronger individual skaters in order to meet the demands of pairs so the goal of just completing all their elements is a good one.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sounds like team Australia had a great time with Team USA!

From Grant Hochstein's icenetwork blog:

After the competition today, most of Team USA went out to dinner with Team Australia. We had a blast! I'd never met most of the kids on their team, but we all got along really well. They are such a lively bunch of skaters, and it was really great to get to know them. We all -- skaters, coaches and parents -- hung out at an outdoor pizza place for about 2 1/2 hours. It was really nice to meet new people and learn things about them, and share things about ourselves. You realize that we're all really not that different. It was a lot of fun

GF2445

Record Breaker
Sounds like team Australia had a great time with Team USA!

From Grant Hochstein's icenetwork blog:

So wonderful to hear this from Grant. It's cool when things like this happen- it's really special and creating connections and friendships is always a plus :) Thanks for the post!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Time to talk about what I hope our skaters at Nebelhorn Trophy will achieve.

Men: Andrew Dodds He scored 136.05 at Lombardia. I personally think he can beat 150.00 points so aiming towards this score is a good goal.
Short Program- He received 49.65 at Lombardia. I think he can score 55+
He has the triple-triple (flip and toe) and 3Lz, he has the elements...he even got really solid components 5s and 6s for his short program. There is nothing really he needs to fix at the moment other than just put down a solid performance.
Free Skate- His goal is to strive to break 100.00 points
I have seen his Nessun Dorma program at 2013 Nationals (via youtube) and from what I can remember, it was a real eye opening program- I remember thinking to myself- WOW that was special. His program highlights so many of Andrew's strong skating attributes and he has the technical content. Again, it's up to him to make it happen.

Ladies: Brooklee Han Break 150.00 points

Pairs: Paris Stephens & Matthew Dodds--- Same as Eliza and Jordan.