Australian figure skaters | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GF2445

Record Breaker
Today is going to be the start of a big weekend of figure skating for #TeamAUS. All the best.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Congratulations James for getting his Seasons Best at ISU JGP Tallinn

Seeing him perform his program again at another competition, i think he is on track to maximise the potential of this SP. Again, he skated with speed, charisma and great awareness of his body movements- he knew exactly every position each limb and finger had to be all the time.
Just a couple of small errors here or there like into his final change of position in the change sit, the 3T combination went outside the circle but he recovered and the 2A might of been 2 footed.

At this time, I don't think he needs to change any of his technical elements, except the step sequence. It's a lovely step sequence and it has speed and it clearly shows his edge work to the judges but maybe in order to get more point from it, he might need to challenge himself and increasing the amount and complexity of steps. If he and his coach can work on making an improved step sequence without compromising too much on the speed, his marks will definitely shoot up. Also, his no change camel spin again slowed down a lot.
In terms of presentation mark, I personally think he got undermarked but in saying that, compared to the top competition in this Junior Men's event, this program does lack complexity. James on the other hand does a simpler program and does it well. Since he has a while to nationals, it is now time for him and his coaching team to make changes needed to up his second mark, especially if he gets all the minimum TES for Junior Worlds (40.00 points).

GF2445

Record Breaker
:) Well done Paris and Matthew!!!
That was such a great performance from them!!

Score 31.09 Thats a HUGE improvement.

Now for the Russians to give us a clinic lesson in 'how to do a short program'
In all seriousness, it must be such a great experience for them to be competing in the same group as Kavaguti and Smirnov as well as Scimeca and Knierim. I hope they will learn lots from Nebelhorn and use it to be the best they can be.
Well Done.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Eliza and Jordan will be competing last in the final group of the Junior Pair's Short Program at JGP Tallinn.
All the best. :agree:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Brooklee's SP was absolutely wonderful and she embodies all the great qualities we all love to see of a Ladies' Figure Skater.

GF2445

Record Breaker
It's Fourth Place at the moment and a lovely score of 52.41.
She is definitely on her way with that SP. The crowd loved it very much as well. Brooklee is very fond of Oberstdorf and in interviews she says that this place is her favourite place to compete and with the competition having such a rich history and being held at a breathtaking location, I can see why!

...5th after the SP. Great Work.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Much better Paris and Matthew. Well Done for a solid Free Skate for them.

56.15 for a total of 87.24. Can't wait to see how this team will improve.

Just heard that Matthew and Jordan have withdrawn from the FS event at JGP Tallinn. I hope every thing is okay.

GF2445

Record Breaker
This came from the Aussieskates Facebook page. The post was from Jordan's mother.
I hope Jordan will be alright and recover quickly.

Jordan had muscle injury and was attended to by a medic at the rink. The medic gave him treatment from the approved list but Jordan had an adverse reaction to this and he had a sudden and quite dramatic collapse.

It took 3 medics working on him to stabilise him and he is now in an Estonian hospital undergoing tests.

His blood pressure is still very low but we're hoping everything will be okay.

Orange Cat

On the Ice
Oh no, I hope Jordan recovers soon!

- I just wanted to swing by and congratulate and celebrate Brooklee's 4th place finish at Nebelhorn!!!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh no! Poor Jordan! I hope he recovers quickly! :cry: :cry:

Wow congratulations to kailani for her 12th place finish in Estonia! She is truly the most exciting thing to happen in Australian figure skating since Cheltzie made the Winter Olympics in 2010. And such a great start for James!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow congratulations to kailani for her 12th place finish in Estonia! She is truly the most exciting thing to happen in Australian figure skating since Cheltzie made the Winter Olympics in 2010. And such a great start for James!

I have seriously had enough of you and your constant attacks on Brooklee, but seriously, what on earth have Dani and Greg and Brendan done to earn this attack from you? Oh right, they dare to go train in America!

GF2445

Record Breaker
2014-2015 Competition Results

1. Results for 2014 Nebelhorn Trophy

Mens
--->Andrew Dodds: 122.65---> 14th/14 Skaters
I can't wait to see how he improves. I can see great potential in his skating.

Ladies
--->Brooklee Han: 149.69---> 12th/13 Skaters
Well Done for such a great outing! To finish 4th at one of the most prestigious competitions in figure skating is a huge accomplishment!

Pairs
--->Paris Stephens and Matthew Dodds: 87.25---> 10th/10 Couples
Congratulations for improving your scores so much this week. It was great to see their programs and see how their elements are going. I'm excitied to see how they will improve!

2. Results for JGP Tallinn

Junior Mens
--->James Min: 109.30---> 20th/26 Skaters
Great Short Program. I hope he goes and works on making the program more complex. I hope he is given another chance to go and get his minimum TES scores.

Junior Ladies
--->Kailani Craine: 121.75---> 12th/30 Skaters
Great skates from her over the last two weeks. I can't wait to see how she will improve as the weeks goes on. Tiffiny Chin is doing such a wonderful job with her.

Junior Pairs
--->Eliza Smyth & Jordan Dodds---> Withdrew due to injury
I wish that you will have a fast recovery Jordan.

The Skate of the weekend is Brooklee's Short Program. She is on her way to representing our nation well at Skate America.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I have seriously had enough of you and your constant attacks on Brooklee, but seriously, what on earth have Dani and Greg and Brendan done to earn this attack from you? Oh right, they dare to go train in America!

Kailani trains in America during the high season with Tiffany Chin. Do you guys remember watching TSL's interview with Tiffany? She seems like such a great person.

In my opinion, yes Cheltzie's qualification to Vancouver was very exciting and unexpected (and controversial)...[cough]Tamar Katz but what takes the cake was the 2013 Nebelhorn Trophy where all of our Olympic prospects qualified. It was such a great moment in Australia's skating community. It inspires those skaters at any of our Aussie rinks and instills them with the confidence that..."yes. I can do it. and Yes, if I work hard at my skating, I too one day can represent my country" That is the most important thing that needs to happen for Australian Figure Skating- we need to instill the belief that we can take on the big gun on the big stage. Dani and Greg did it, Brooklee continues to do it and Brendan is also making a name for himself in Skating Circles.

We now have Kailani as well and James who are young guns aiming to make it too.
We also have Chantelle, as well as Andrew, Eliza and Jordan, Paris and Matthew- and Ryan and Jessica, Matilda and William, Darian Kaptich and Jaimee Nobbs amongst countless others.

Let's be grateful for all our skaters who represent Australia.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
what takes the cake was the 2013 Nebelhorn Trophy where all of our Olympic prospects qualified. It was such a great moment in Australia's skating community. It inspires those skaters at any of our Aussie rinks and instills them with the confidence that..."yes. I can do it. and Yes, if I work hard at my skating, I too one day can represent my country" That is the most important thing that needs to happen for Australian Figure Skating- we need to instill the belief that we can take on the big gun on the big stage. Dani and Greg did it, Brooklee continues to do it and Brendan is also making a name for himself in Skating Circles.

We now have Kailani as well and James who are young guns aiming to make it too.
We also have Chantelle, as well as Andrew, Eliza and Jordan, Paris and Matthew- and Ryan and Jessica, Matilda and William, Darian Kaptich and Jaimee Nobbs amongst countless others.

Let's be grateful for all our skaters who represent Australia.

What a nice message. As spectators, we couldn't ask of a nicer group of athletes to represent the sport.

It has been so exciting over the last few weeks to see new and familiar faces really step up to the plate and not only challenge themselves, but take on other skaters around the world as well. The skaters are working really hard, and deserve nothing but respect and recognition for their dedication.

GF2445

Record Breaker
WOW! Brooklee has been getting some shout outs!

https://twitter.com/brookleeh95

Shout outs include Alexa and Chris and Isadora Williams. There is also a great photo somewhere with Brooklee, Jason Brown and Mariah Bell.

Have Twitter? Show some love and follow Australia's Ladies' National Champion.

Karne, can I please clarify my position. This was by no means an attack on a Brooklee, she wasn't even on my mind!

I honestly was expressing my excitement about what a rising star Kailani is and how happy I am for her.

Cheltzie was a battler whose surprise last-minute entry to the Olympics was a huge moment for those of us who had grown up with her and watched her progress.

Likewise Dani and Greg and Brendan. We had also watched them work towards the Olympics both at home and overseas and the country can be and is very proud.

I am sorry if my comment upset you. I am certainly not "attacking" every skater I didn't name just because I am congratulating one!