Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian figure skaters

Custom Title
    I have heard rumour that Brendan intends not compete in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Its a shame if the rumour is true but if he needs to skip worlds to rest, reflect and fix his current situation, i think it would be a wise move. I hope he still has the desire and fire to compete for the long run.

Custom Title
    That would make me very sad, but if he needs it to fix his current issues, so be it. It's been a very long season for him, remember, it started all the way back in August.

But Kranjec at Worlds would not be too bad I him too!

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    That would make me very sad, but if he needs it to fix his current issues, so be it. It's been a very long season for him, remember, it started all the way back in August.

But Kranjec at Worlds would not be too bad I him too!
    I do really enjoy his skating. It has a little old school style charm to it which is nice to see. He does not have the minimums for worlds though. The minimums for worlds are much higher than the Europeans, 4CC or the Olympics. Something to work on for the future.

About Brendan's season beginning in August. Maybe pushing Skate Down Under back until September instead of August will make a significant difference as it begins later. Also, if the competition is held later, it might mean that more skaters from overseas will think about competing in Australia.

Tripping on the Podium
    What happened to his miracle California transformation? Maybe he needs someone that could focus on him. All their skaters seem to suffer from too many to really do it syndrome.

Rinkside
    I do not believe David Kranjec could go to Worlds, skaters have to have a required technical score for short and long. Brooklee Han was the only Australian to qualify with scores for Worlds last year. Does anyone know if David has the scores?

Quote Originally Posted by Scatcat View Post
    I do not believe David Kranjec could go to Worlds, skaters have to have a required technical score for short and long. Brooklee Han was the only Australian to qualify with scores for Worlds last year. Does anyone know if David has the scores?
    Brooklee and Dani/Greg have the scores but David does not at the moment. One day.
    He needs about 5 more points for each program and he has them.

Custom Title
    OT slightly but does anyone have a link to the version of "Nothing Else Matters" that Brendan used for his SP? Even though it's now a sad song for me, I still remember its beauty that day at Skate Down Under, and I actually really love that version. But I've tried dozens of Youtube searches to no avail!

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    OT slightly but does anyone have a link to the version of "Nothing Else Matters" that Brendan used for his SP? Even though it's now a sad song for me, I still remember its beauty that day at Skate Down Under, and I actually really love that version. But I've tried dozens of Youtube searches to no avail!
    Hey Karne. The rendition of nothing else matters was performed by david garrett on violin. There are videos pm youtube with him performing this live but i have not found a recording het.

Best of luck searching. Ill also keep my eye out for it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by nam57 View Post
    What happened to his miracle California transformation? Maybe he needs someone that could focus on him. All their skaters seem to suffer from too many to really do it syndrome.
    I think its a case of burn out for this season. It has been going on for around for 8 months far for him which is crazy long!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatcat View Post
    I Brooklee Han was the only Australian to qualify with scores for Worlds last year. Does anyone know if David has the scores?
    Brooklee han is not and has never been an Australian. She is an American whose father has an Australian passport. She is an American skater who competes for Australia. But please don't call her Australian.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Downunderskatefan View Post
    Brooklee han is not and has never been an Australian. She is an American whose father has an Australian passport. She is an American skater who competes for Australia. But please don't call her Australian.
    As you know, she has dual citizenship, so she is both an Australian and an American.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Hey Karne. The rendition of nothing else matters was performed by david garrett on violin. There are videos pm youtube with him performing this live but i have not found a recording het.

Best of luck searching. Ill also keep my eye out for it for you.
    You are wise and knowledgeable. For I have found what I seek!

It can be downloaded on BigPond Music, but you have to pay for it. Because I have internet with them, I now possess it! *covets*

Quote Originally Posted by Downunderskatefan View Post
    Didn't we all agree to leave it until next season?
    This is one dead horse flogging too far! Every possible argument or issue raised by this 'saga' has been thought of and mentioned appropriately.

If it interests you, i have attached a copy of the report of the hearing from the court of arbitration for sport between the Apallant- Chantelle Kerry and respondant party- ice skating australia relating to the ISA eligibility of Brooklee Han.

There is nothing else to say now that is at all remotely insightful, thoughtful, meaningful, interesting, refreshng or worth mentioning or listening to about this matter now. If this matter is still bothering you, take it to the next forum because this issue has become nothing short of a buzzkill subject. Most of us are just not interested about this anymore because the facts have already been established.

Now can we get onto something more positive and worthwhile about Australia Figure Skating?

http://www.tas-cas.org/d2wfiles/docu...L_internet.pdf

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    As of Mar 18, Brendan Kerry's name no longer appears on the Worlds entries list.

Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast