Australian figure skaters | Page 45 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GF2445

Record Breaker
David Kranjek is no longer competing for Australia. Plans to represent Slovenia in the future.

Okay. That's a shame but thankyou for letting us know. I've never seen you around AusTechSpec...so welcome :) I'm sure David will be a fine representative for Slovenia. Since I'm not in skating circles in Australia I don't know these things. I usually rely on social media.

GF2445

Record Breaker
oh, I'm so sad. :cry: One of my favourite Australian skaters. so nice.

A bit in me says this but i hope that this move will help david achieve his goals and dreams- maybe to represent his nation at the olympics or world championships someday. When i last checked, men's skating in Slovenia is still in need of developing so i am confident that he will be a top rep for Slovenia soon.

GF2445

Record Breaker
This week, we have Aussies competing at the final Junior Grand Prix in Zagreb, Croatia.
all the best for Charlton Doherty and Matilda Friend/William Badaoui.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Why is David no longer representing Australia?

I dont specifically know why but i can think of a few reasons.
1. Australia is his adopted country. He initially represented his home nation Slovenia.
2. He is a good skater and he has a better chance of progressing his career if he represents Slovenia as skating in Slovenia is still very much developing. Also keep in mind that Brendan is the number one mens skater at the moment in Australia.
3. It could be as simple as he is might be returning to his native country.

Thus is just speculation so if any of you know why David changed back could you please post on this page. It doesnt need to a super detailed invasive response- general explanation is fine.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I was so happy to see Brendan go out there and do a quad in each program. Solid in the short but again, that free program is still getting to him!!!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was so happy to see Brendan go out there and do a quad in each program. Solid in the short but again, that free program is still getting to him!!!

But it's baby steps. Now the quad is there, they can work on making sure everything else is there too.

GF2445

Record Breaker
But it's baby steps. Now the quad is there, they can work on making sure everything else is there too.

Yeah. His triple axel has lost consistency though since he trained for the quad. Is this a common problem?
Also, i hope his choreography will flow alot better by the end of the season.

He needs to break 180 points at nationals.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yeah. His triple axel has lost consistency though since he trained for the quad. Is this a common problem?
Also, i hope his choreography will flow alot better by the end of the season.

He needs to break 180 points at nationals.

Sometimes it happens. It happened to Chan, Lambiel, and others, so it's not like Brendan would be alone.

I hope there's a live stream of Nationals again. I can't wait to see him by then, I'm sure he'll be in tip-top shape.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Sometimes it happens. It happened to Chan, Lambiel, and others, so it's not like Brendan would be alone.

I hope there's a live stream of Nationals again. I can't wait to see him by then, I'm sure he'll be in tip-top shape.

Thats trueabout chan and lambiel with the triple axel. It was his bread and butter jump last season and he even posted a video of him richard dornbush and another skater doing side by side by side triple axels. Maybe again its not a training issue but a psychological issue. Again, the mind is a very complex thing. He has the goods now, he just needs to put a sp and a fs together.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Strong results for Matthew and Paris, as well as Andrew.
Question, for the solo dance category, in the protocols it lists lifts as elements in their free dance. Does anyone know what this means as you need two people to do a lift.

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Yeah great result for Paris and Matthew. Dodd brothers Andrew and Jordan both did well, especially in the short programs.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Italy, out of all nations to be writing about Brooklee's selection for Skate Canada.

I put this through the translator. There is a paragraph which slightly hinted that some people are not fully happy that Brooklee was selected over other skaters who produced higher scores than her.
I'm no master at Italian so I'm not sure about anything.
Anyway, here is the link.
http://www.neveitalia.it/sport/figu...pleta-il-quadro-delle-iscritte-a-skate-canada

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Excuse me while I run around in hyperexcited circles that Brooklee has two assignments!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Has this ever happened before? Two assignments for an Australian? Time to do some research.