Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast

Thread: Australian figure skaters

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    As of Mar 18, Brendan Kerry's name no longer appears on the Worlds entries list.
    Sad to hear but I think he needs to get that focus back. To think that he scored 192 points this season...and he has quads as well as a focus to work on the second mark in the works! My goodness, if he can use his rest wisely and get his mind refocused I think a new and improved Brendan Kerry will emerge!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    As of Mar 18, Brendan Kerry's name no longer appears on the Worlds entries list.

Well, I look forward to next season!

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post

Well, I look forward to next season!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Downunderskatefan View Post
    Brooklee han is not and has never been an Australian. She is an American whose father has an Australian passport. She is an American skater who competes for Australia. But please don't call her Australian.
    Such an offensive comment! She has a father who is third generation Australian! not just a passport holder!

#TeamAUS
    Saitama Worlds next week! Whose excited?
    I'm really interested in now the competition is going to play out, with some large names not coming? Who is going to shine and be part of the future scene? How are our Aussie Reps going to stack, especially in the dance?

In all honesty there could of been 10 more teams competing in Sochi- Any team who finished in the high teens and lower in Sochi are in danger because there are teams wanting vengeance for missing Sochi.
    Nations include Estonia, Switzerland, Finland, Georgia, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Denmark, Israel, Belarus and the list goes on and on!

Rinkside
    What a shame Brendan is not competing at worlds, unfortunately his head gets the better of him more often than not, he has talent to burn but come competition time he falls apart, Nebelhorn was the exception and I wish he would harness that and bring it to all his competitions. This is not the first time he has exited a competition season due to his head, he did not compete again after JGP Brisbane 2011 for quite some time, I think that was around the time he changed coaches. Lets hope he can sort it out but sadly I think its a big issue for him as it can be with lots of athletes. I can't imagine the issues with his sister helped him at all. I am not sure not competing is the right thing to do as the problem is something he needs to overcome.

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by can'tsk8 View Post
    What a shame Brendan is not competing at worlds, unfortunately his head gets the better of him more often than not, he has talent to burn but come competition time he falls apart, Nebelhorn was the exception and I wish he would harness that and bring it to all his competitions. This is not the first time he has exited a competition season due to his head, he did not compete again after JGP Brisbane 2011 for quite some time, I think that was around the time he changed coaches. Lets hope he can sort it out but sadly I think its a big issue for him as it can be with lots of athletes. I can't imagine the issues with his sister helped him at all. I am not sure not competing is the right thing to do as the problem is something he needs to overcome.
    He said in an interview that he is intending to work with a sport psychiatrist. This is for sure a right step. Positive Visualisation of competing, self belief and trusting in your training withoug worrying bout what others are doing in a competition are vital keys to success. Also having a strong training program that deals with on and off ice training, diet, non skating related activity/job to balance rest schedule but most of all a supportive group of people around him would help him alot.

Custom Title
    I'm sad that Brendan won't be at Worlds, but I think it's good; especially if he takes the time to work with a sport psychiatrist and rest. It has been a long season, and to be fair to him, he did bring his good game to Nebelhorn, and there was definitely pressure there. So I trust that if he works with a sport psychiatrist it will be good for him. Looking forwards to next season!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    He said in an interview that he is intending to work with a sport psychiatrist. This is for sure a right step. Positive Visualisation of competing, self belief and trusting in your training withoug worrying bout what others are doing in a competition are vital keys to success. Also having a strong training program that deals with on and off ice training, diet, non skating related activity/job to balance rest schedule but most of all a supportive group of people around him would help him alot.
    I am pleased to hear this my comment, I hope was not received as negative, as it was intended to be honest but not negative. I wish him all the best he is great young man and a very gifted skater, but the problem he has is one that really needs help, and it is a problem that has been on going for several years. His issue is not a long season, it really is his head, he totally has the skills, he has always had the skills.....but his head has frequently let him down. For him to be the best he can be he needs to get on top of his psychological issues and without wanting to cause trouble he needs to be removed from his family/sister issues.

Custom Title
    When you look at it, though, he was probably under more pressure at Nebelhorn than anywhere else this season. The Olympics were one thing, but he had to qualify, and that was a very pressure-cooker situation in itself, and he held up to it. Brendan's not the first skater and won't be the last to be overwhelmed by the sight of those Olympic rings on the ice...

When I saw him at Skate Down Under - all the way back in mid-August - he was absolutely amazing. I hope I get to see him again live, because he is breathtaking.

#TeamAUS
    To all Australians. No matter where you came from or whether you live here now or you live overseas, you can always call Australia Home but most of all, we must remember and respect the original custodians of this land we call home.

Happy Harmony Day everyone.

Also, less than a week to 2014 Worlds!!!!

#TeamAUS
    Dani and Greg are in the same practice groups as all the Canadians- its Going to be team DSC (plus piper and paul).

#TeamAUS
    Brooklee's Free Program Music is so easy to listen too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtbWzq-SOVE
    Thankyou Gattokiller's Figure Skating Music channel on Youtube!

#TeamAUS
    My goodness what a ladies short this is turning out to be!!

Well Done Brooklee- her PB score will mean that she is schuduled to be in 19th place after the short program.
    Also, Carolina and Mao are a phenomenon. That is all.

skating philosopher
    Congrats to Brooklee!

Say a quick question -- I saw someone refer to her as Broccoli. Is that a nickname for her or just a case of autocorrect?

Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast