Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: Australian figure skaters

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Congrats to Brooklee!

Say a quick question -- I saw someone refer to her as Broccoli. Is that a nickname for her or just a case of autocorrect?
    I thinks its an autocorrect thing. My device tried to change Brooklee to other things a couple of times.

Rinkside
    Congrats to Brooklee!

Say a quick question -- I saw someone refer to her as Broccoli. Is that a nickname for her or just a case of autocorrect?
    Can not imagine anyone haviving that as as "cute" nickname, I have only heard her reffered to as Brooklee or Brook. She ended up 18th overall for the short.

Custom Title
    Congrats to Brooklee!

Given that post had been edited from "brokoly" I think someone's autocorrect was being stupid.

skating philosopher
    Thanks guys, that's what I figured.

#TeamAUS
    Great Result. If she can keep it up for the free, there might be a chance that a Grand Prix Spot for her next season.

53.20 SB/PB

Short Dance starts in just under 3 hours time.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Short Dance starts in just under 3 hours time.
    Argh, I'm going to be at work!

GOOD LUCK DANI AND GREG!

Rinkside
    Well done Dani and Greg

Shame about a few little mistakes, sad that they couldn't be send off by Massimo from DSC with a personal best!

Greg have a great day at D1 tomorrow

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Possum Glider View Post
    Well done Dani and Greg

Shame about a few little mistakes, sad that they couldn't send Massimo off from DSC with a personal best!

Greg have a great day at D1 tomorrow
    Unlicky for not making the top 20. The field was very tight. 16th down to 27th place was only separated by about 3 points. Oh well. Nobody can take their Olympics from them and they have already made a top20 at worlds before so they have experienced pretty much everything in ice dance. Whether they continue or not, Australia is proud of them.

Custom Title
    Sorry that Dani and Greg did not make Free Dance. Such a charming team. Would be awesome to have an ISU event in Australia sometime soon!

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by GGoldberg View Post
    Sorry that Dani and Greg did not make Free Dance. Such a charming team. Would be awesome to have an ISU event in Australia sometime soon!
    Not to worry, Australia already has a senior B event- Skate DownUnder which is held in August!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Not to worry, Australia already has a senior B event- Skate DownUnder which is held in August!
    Is it going to be held again this year? I was hoping so, but I haven't heard anything.

#TeamAUS
    Well Done Brooklee- top20 in the world is always something very special. I hope to see alot more from her technically (get that 3Lz sorted and possibly a 3F) and some new spin positions. Fingers crossed that she will get a spot on a Grand Prix next season. She is so close to achieving it!

Overall, it was a solid post Olympics world championships for Australia. Will be excited to see what happens next season. There are many questions yet to be answered!

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Is it going to be held again this year? I was hoping so, but I haven't heard anything.
    According to the news reports around skate downunder, the organisers talked about how great that Australia has an annual senior international B but we will see how we go!

Custom Title
    Skate Downunder will not run in the 2014-2015 season. When holding a senior b was originally discussed, it was proposed that it be done every 2nd year,not every year

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Skate Downunder will not run in the 2014-2015 season. When holding a senior b was originally discussed, it was proposed that it be done every 2nd year,not every year
    That's fair enough. It's a pretty big undertaking.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast