Australian figure skaters | Page 49 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GF2445

Record Breaker
In other news

Information about nationals the end of this month and early December.
It includes a general announcement, entry list, schedules and an assortment of other forms.
It's nice to see them doing the Team Battle Comp this year as well!!
I have no idea if they are going to do a live stream this year. Hopefully the ISQ can do it.
I probably won't be making an Australian Nationals thread on the National Championship part of GS forums this year. Sorry but I'm busy.
http://www.isq.org.au/News.htm

GF2445

Record Breaker
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...15-Australian-Nationals&p=1024420#post1024420

Not nearly as lovely job as you did last year, but at least Australia has a thread!

Does anyone know whether they will be streaming nationals on Youtube again this year?

Thankyou for starting upmthe thread. It was very kind of you.
I personally am not very sure of the live streaming thing. The streaming last year was organised by Ice Skating Victoria (as it was in Melbourne), which already did livestream using other services before nationals. This years nationals are in Queensland so Ice Skating Queensland is organising it. From my knowledge, No other state skating body in Australia has really organised something like live streaming other than the Victorian body. Sometimes people come with a handicam and they record something but nothing really.

I unfortunately am only a skating spectator who happens to live in Australia, so i dont get the inside scoop on anything unless someone posts it on social media.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:cry:

I did not see anything on Queensland's page about streaming. It is too bad they didn't seek Melbourne's help to get it going.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:party2:

We need a smiley that indicates exploding or falling over with excitement. In the absence of that the dancing banana will do!

Just over a week until Australian Nationals! :cheer2:

GF2445

Record Breaker
From the Olympic Winter Institute of Australia website

2014 Sochi Olympians Brooklee Han and Brendan Kerry will depart their US training bases shortly, travelling to Brisbane for the Australian Figure Skating Championships on December 4 and 5.

Han, who is now in her first year at Wesleyan University, Connecticut, has had a busy start to the 2014/15 competitive season, placing sixth at the US International Classic in Salt Lake City and fourth at the Nebelhorn Trophy in Germany. Following her successful Sochi Olympics and 19th place at the 2014 World Championships, she was invited to the prestigious ISU Grand Prix events, finishing tenth at Skate America and eighth at Skate Canada earlier this month, recording a PB in her free program of 102.99 at Skate America.

Brendan Kerry is based at Riverside in Los Angeles with coach Tammy Gambill and began his season at the Lombardia Trophy, Italy finishing in ninth position followed by an 11th at the Skate Canada Autumn Classic. Brendan has added a quad salchow to his free program, which he feels is now consistent. He plans to use the new jump this season, with its debut planned for the National Championships. He will then be competing at the Nestle Mentor Cup in Poland in early January.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Congratulations to our new Synchronised Skating Champions

Senior
WA strike Gold and book trip to Canada for Worlds, NSW makes a strong comeback & our last year's champions fall.
Infusion from WA with 115.45pts. (Not bad at all!!)
Fire on Ice Senior from NSW with 106.31pts.
Nova from QLD with 100.83pts.

Junior
Iceskateers Elite from QLD with 97.84pts.

Advanced Novice
Iceskateers from QLD with 37.62pts.

Basic Novice
Ice Pizzazz from QLD with 32.71pts.

Adult
Revolution from NSW with 43.35pts.

Open
Majestic Ice Open from NSW with 39.47pts.

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Congratulations to our new Adult Skating Champions

Adult Silver Ladies'
Barbara Pradeaux of NSW with 38.77pts.

Adult Silver Men
Kin Pong Yu of SA with 21.66pts.

Adult Gold Ladies'
Bianca Martin of SA with 40.87pts.

Adult Gold Men
Steven Bradley of WA with 26.91pts.

Adult Elite Ladies'
Kirsten Mather of WA with 41.57pts.

Elite Masters Ladies'
Lauren Moore of SA with 50.33pts.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Congratulations to our new Primary, Intermediate & Novice Champions

Primary Ladies'
Milan Whitsed of WA with 39.28pts.

Primary Men
John Myatt of WA with 37.51pts.

Primary Ice Dance
Evelyn Unwin & Leon Mcintosh of QLD with 40.98pts.

Intermediate Ladies'
Isabelle McKewen of QLD with 35.41pts.

Intermediate Men
Callum Bradshaw of ACT with 32.93pts.

Novice Ladies
Very Well done to Holly for executing a 3S in the Free Skate!!
Holly Harris of NSW with 91.87pts.

Novice Men
Adam Peterken of QLD with 80.23pts.

Novice Ice Dance
Courtney Tyerman & Alex Anstey of NSW with 40.67pts.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Kailani Craine pulverises the Junior Ladies' event by 51.08pts!
It must be said, we have a nice crop of ladies' skaters coming up!

Kailani Craine of NSW with 154.34pts. *Also, Congratulations for receiving a small scholarship! http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2679730/athletes-awarded-scholarships/
Amelia Jackson of QLD with 103.26pts. *Well Done a massive improvement from last year!
Renee Hambly of NSW with 101.95pts. *Great improvement since her JGP in Courchevel, France

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
James Min Raises himself up to Junior Men's Title with an amazing win!
Title is mildly inspired by his SP music....you raise me up. Also, all the Australian men in this event scored 100+ overall!

James Min of SA with 143.82pts.
Darian Kaptich of QLD with 139.07pts.
Charlton Doherty of QLD with 129.87pts.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Kailani beats Brooklee at Nationals!

Kailani still has not met the minimum TES for the Free Skate yet so Brooklee will most likely represent Australia at Worlds but both will most likely make it to Four Continents.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe this will motivate and push Brooklee to become even better. A little competition can be a good thing. ;)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Kailaini may not have met the SP TES either. It depends on whether Lombardia scores from April count towards World TES in this season.
She has 41.07 TES in the free skate and 23.14 in the SP from Tallinn this season.

That's moot though, because her Lombardia free skate was not high enough.

And yes, it is good for both girls to have serious competition!

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Congratulations to Kailani!

And also to Brooklee, that score for the SP yesterday was great!

Brendan landed 4S!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Maybe this will motivate and push Brooklee to become even better. A little competition can be a good thing. ;)

That's my hope.

We know that Brooklee can do the jumps so that is not the big worry. She has already competed at a Senior B and 2 Grand Prix- which is quite draining mentally.
What Brooklee should begin working on is gaining more speed. She looks exceptionally fit so this shouldn't be impossible.

More speed will not only improve her PCS but it would give her more running edge off her jumps.
She tends to jump into her circle because she swings some of her jumps and more speed will help her get those jump combos.

In her Free Skate, Brooklee's jump plan is

3Lo+2T
3Lz
3T
3S+2T+2Lo
3Lo
2A
3S+2A

Maybe consider adding a 2nd Triple Lutz next year so she can do two 3Lz and two 3Lo in her Free Skate. She can do that by replacing her 3T- she sometimes tends to fall on this jump so there isn't that much harm in adding a 2nd Lz.

This is definitely a future plan.
I wonder if she is going to learn the flip??

GF2445

Record Breaker
Junior & Senior Pairs Results

Senior
Paris Stephens & Andrew Dodds of QLD with 102.09pts.
Harmonie Wong & Joda Walter of SA with 48.54pts.

Junior
Eliza Smyth & Jordan Dodds of QLD with 80.69pts.