Australian figure skaters | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GF2445

Record Breaker
Brendan Kerry Takes Senior Men's Title. Can he capitalise at 4CC?

Brendan Kerry of NSW with 183.28pts.
Cameron Hemmert of NSW with 147.58pts.
Andrew Dodds of QLD with 138.43pts.

GF2445

Record Breaker
The Aussies Smash the Kiwis in the Junior Dance Event; Matilda & William make a huge stride up!

Matilda Friends & William Badaoui of NSW with 104.27pts.
Emily Pike & Patrick Adderley of NSW with 77.62pts.
Anja Noetzel-Hayward & Connor McIver of NZL with 49.35pts.

Adele & Shane crowned new national Ice Dance Champions!

Adele Morrison & Shane Speden of NSW with 92.54pts.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Changing of the guard sees Kailani take both Senior & Junior titles; Brooklee falls short to 2nd; Quality of Senior Ladies' in Australia hope to rise.

Kailani Craine of NSW with 154.37pts.
Brooklee Han of VIC with 152.19pts.
Jaimee Nobbs of WA with 92.50pts.

Nationals were so exciting, it's so good to see the Aussies showing what they can do. Brendan, James and Kailani were inspirational and so good to see dance on the up. Looks like we'll have a strong junior team and two senior teams next year. And also massive improvements since I last saw pairs. I have a feeling we are looking at a very exciting Olympic cycle.

GF2445

Record Breaker
With Australian Nationals over, we have a little break for Christmas. Then it's straight on to Championships.

It looks like we will only be represented in Senior & Junior Ladies and Senior Men this year (according to the dreaded minimum Technical Element Score Tables).
Nonetheless, we have a great pool of young developing skaters now who are on the rise. Looking forward tomthe improvements.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I've got excited thrills down my spine every time I think of how close Nationals was! Imagine having both Brooklee and Kailani on the world stage! We might even...even dare to dream...*whisper* that both of them get to skate at Worlds! Together!

Somebody pinch me!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Congratulations to James Min for receiving the Alan Blinn & Simone Moore Memorial Scholarship this year.

For those who don't know about the scholarship, this award came about after the tragic boat accident that rocked Australia's skating community in 2007. I'm pretty scratchy with the details but if somebody would explain what happened, please post below.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The skaters were on a cruiser which collided with a ferry in Sydney Harbour. IIRC, the cruiser didn't have any lights on, but I don't remember exactly what the outcome was.

GF2445

Record Breaker
The skaters were on a cruiser which collided with a ferry in Sydney Harbour. IIRC, the cruiser didn't have any lights on, but I don't remember exactly what the outcome was.

I do remember that three people died, including Alan Blinn & Simone Moore. Young skater Morgan Innes also died and her body was found sometime after the crash. Liz Cain also had a leg amputated due to the accident.
It was a tragedy but from tragedy, a community becomes stronger. To have a memorial award like this is important in Australia's skating community.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if Australia is sending any skaters to Poland in January for the Nestle Cup?

At the moment, Ice Skating Australia have not officially released an updated roster.
I really hope they do send skaters to competitions in January as not everyone has achieved their minimum technical scores for ISU championships- Four Continents, Junior Worlds and Worlds.

I can only confirm our synchro skating reps.

Entries are up for the Mentor Nestle Cup, Australia has seven skaters going - Brendan, Kailani, James Min and TWO junior dance teams. I am guessing all are chasing their TES for Junior Worlds.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Entries are up for the Mentor Nestle Cup, Australia has seven skaters going - Brendan, Kailani, James Min and TWO junior dance teams. I am guessing all are chasing their TES for Junior Worlds.

They need to cos at the moment, we are knly looking at a ladies entry for worlds this year. I'm unsure about Brendan though. Let me research

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Reckon Brendan and Kailani are outside chances of a medal here.

I'm fairly sure Brendan already has the Worlds TES? I know he had it for last year, and I'm fairly sure they're good for two years?

GF2445

Record Breaker
Reckon Brendan and Kailani are outside chances of a medal here.

I'm fairly sure Brendan already has the Worlds TES? I know he had it for last year, and I'm fairly sure they're good for two years?

They are good for two years, but it would be nice if he can make it again so he wont have to worry about it next season.
Brendan needs to skate loke it's an exhibition if he wants to get the sneaky bronze.

Kailani will medal in junior ladies. I am sure of it.