Australian figure skaters | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GF2445

Record Breaker
1000th post!!!!!!!!!

Okay. Great results from the Mentor Nestle Nesquick Torun Cup.

Great work from Kailani, as well as a much improved performance from Brendan.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Brendan is currently in 1st place with 4 skaters to go. The scores are close so there moght be a chance for Brendan to move up.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Little-country PCS strikes again.

Third in TES for the free skate though.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Little-country PCS strikes again.

Third in TES for the free skate though.

Its all about perception. If Brendan works on that second mark, the points will come. A very strong skate technically, but i need to have a look at them protocol

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
4S was clean! :cheer:

Got the +REP on the 3Lz, I think he might have panicked when he popped into a 1Lz so decided to do it again, except he needed to do it in combo and he didn't.

Otherwise pretty good. Both 3As clean also and the 3A-3T is now after the halfway mark and is a thing of true beauty.

I would really like to watch all the Aussies in the Torun cup bug can't find video. Does anyone know if individual videos are up? And also what happened to James Min?

GF2445

Record Breaker
I would really like to watch all the Aussies in the Torun cup bug can't find video. Does anyone know if individual videos are up? And also what happened to James Min?

I think James withdrew. This is a shame as he is our up and coming male skater.
I hope it was nit an injury.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Unfortunately I think in that regard we are at the mercy of anyone who was recording. I would like to see them too.

I don't know what happened with James Min, but I do hope it wasn't an injury.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Unfortunately I think in that regard we are at the mercy of anyone who was recording. I would like to see them too.

I don't know what happened with James Min, but I do hope it wasn't an injury.

Yeah. The live stream was LOUSY. I couldn't see anything.

also @essence_of_soy
Ice Skating Australia have not really published anything yet about FCC, Jnr. Worlds or Worlds as of yet. We will find out soon.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yeah. The live stream was LOUSY. I couldn't see anything.

I saw most of Brendan's, but I missed the 4S, of all things, thanks to an ill-timed commercial break. Still, at least there was some form of stream.

GF2445

Record Breaker
http://www.owia.org/figure-skating-news/dynamo-strikes-silver-in-her-senior-debut

A comment from Belinda Noonan (the person who commentated with Chris Howarth in Sochi) on Kailani Craine. Can Australia get 2 ladies' to South Korea???- or more importantly, can either Kailani or Brooklee break into the top 10 at 2017 Worlds???

"As a new athlete to the OWIA figure skating program, Kailani has demonstrated all the hallmarks of a great career to come,” said OWIA Figure Skating Co-coordinator, Belinda Noonan. “Her joy in performing is a treat to watch. Combine that with her strong competitive spirit and ever-improving triple jumps, Australia now has two world-class women figure skaters in Kailani Craine and 2014 Olympian Brooklee Han.”

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

GF2445

Record Breaker
I want to extend an extremely belated congratulations to Amelia Jackson who came 4th at the Grand Prix of Bratislava last month.
She scored a total score of 122.40 pts. Not sure about scoring or whether they were inflated (as she did not do any triples) but the results seem very promising.

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
2014-2015 Aussie Skaters Medal Tally

:points::party2::hb::popcorn::agree:

GoldSilverBronzeTotal
Kailani's Silver in Torun gives Australia a total of 11 International Medals this season so far!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Okay...and now the big announcement...our assignments for the ISU Championships

2015 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships in Seoul, Republic of Korea
Brendan Kerry
Andrew Dodds
Brooklee Han
Kailani Craine

Admittedly, a smaller team than usual (as we lack a pair or ice dance team that can make the minimum TES score this year), but certainly a quality team.

2015 World Figure Skating Championships in Shanghai, People's Republic of China
Brendan Kerry
Brooklee or Kailani<<<<Whoever performs better at Four Continents will probably receive the spot.

Also, we wish Jaimee Nobbs all the best as she represents Australia at the Winter Univeriade in Spain next month.

We are also happy to announce that Iceskateers Elite will represent us at the Junior World Synchro Championships in Zagreb, Croatia.
On top of this, Infusion will represent us at the World Synchro Championships in Hamilton, Canada.

You might be wondering....what about Junior Worlds.
Currently, ISA have given it a tbd. as not every skater has achieved the minimum TES as of yet.