Australian figure skaters | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GF2445

Record Breaker
Wow, fantastic!

I love how deeply he gets into his landing knee. It makes his landings much more secure and means he can save jumps other skaters might have fallen on, but I think it does affect his combos sometimes. Really hope he sticks everything at 4CCs, he's fantastic when he's on.

Andrew is also a really elegant jumper and I can't wait to see him in action again.

With brendan, in an interview with the olympic winter institute of sports, Brendan said that this season, his goal to regain the confidence which he lost in the olympic season by pushing himself technically. Once he does that, he hopes he will have more confidence to focus of the presentation- some that he openly discussed as being so much more challenging to him than doing quads.

Woth andrew, the key for him is to make the free skate. That means landing all his jumps cleanly in the short program.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
My goodness. Brendan can do three triple axels in sequence. Can do a 3A+3T with hands up on the 3T.

He better jump well in at four continents because that is what he is hinging on.

http://websta.me/n/br3ndan_?lang=en

Also, its nice to revive this thread.

Good luck to Jaimee Nobbs who is competing in the ladies event at the Universiade today and a belated congratulation to Majestic Ice Junior at the Mozart Cup

Great! Looking forward to seeing him soon at 4CC

GF2445

Record Breaker
James Min had a nice second place at the 2015 Jevirag Cup.

:agree:

2014-2015 Aussie Skaters Medal Tally

:points::party2::hb::popcorn:

GoldSilverBronzeTotal
James' Silver Medal gives Australia a total of 12 International Medals this season so far!

ALSO GREAT NEWS
Minimum Tech Scores for Junior Worlds
Short Program
Minimum: 20.00
James: 23.31

Free Skating
Minimum: 42.00
James: 42.04

We now have a Men's and Ladies' (very antiquated title) at Jnr. Worlds.

Now waiting on a pairs or dance team.....

Also, a big congratulations to Katie Pasfield for finishing 5th in the Junior Ladies' event- her Total Score was 95.07

Also, highly commended mention for Jaimee Nobbs. I hope she will be able to continue to achieve lots in her skating. Unfortunate to miss the 3 Loop.

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
It's 4CC time everybody!!

Group 3 of the Men's practice just finished.
AUS & JPN skated together.
Brendan is bringing back his French Waiter Routine. Hope it brings him better performances this season.

https://twitter.com/kyurling/status/565412360677261312/photo/1

He does a nice 3A here. LAND THOSE!!!!!
https://twitter.com/kyurling/status/565411160821075968

Short Program Run Through- Wow on the Quad!!! Big 3Lz- too big cos he could only manage a 2T at the end of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9yqU7LAn7w&index=5&list=PLr51r4LqehbdOj9V0Z_1ASfn4bA9eM6-H

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
:cry:
We are currently lighting a candle for Andrew Dodds. But unless a skater on all 3 passes, there is little chance that Andrew will make the Free Skate which is a big shame because he skated so musically.

:cheer:
Good job to Brendan though for an Amazing Quad Toe and Triple Axel. In saying that, he only got a +0.70 or so for the GOE which is absolutely ridiculous.

but with that combo.....:shrug:

However his Kiss n' cry act saved it for me. We need more people like him in the kiss n' cry. We need personality and flavour.

GF2445

Record Breaker
My head is sort of reeling over the fact that if Brendan did the combo, he would've been in 4th place with one group to go!!

GF2445

Record Breaker
This far, it has been pretty dissapointing for team Australia. Time to fight back- starting with the men's free program tonight.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes, I noticed that Andrew does the Josh spin! Or perhaps Josh does the Andrew spin?

GF2445

Record Breaker
Brendan gave away a couple too many points tonight. He definitely has something to prove now. I hope he works hard over the next month- especially wih mental preparation so he can achieve his best and get noticed.

Niche Quad Sal though

GF2445

Record Breaker
Someone needs to give Brooklee a hug. She has been off her A-game since Skate America.
I wish her the best if she is heading to worlds.

Last edited: