Australian figure skaters | Page 54 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

hidekimotozua

Rinkside
Finally got the chance to watch the 4cc, and I guess it could have been worse.:confused2:

Did Brendan change his FS? Wasn't he doing Rach 2 just last month? Seems a bit awkward to change this late in the season. Also Brendan should ask Joshua Farris for pants advice. He has great posture and nice leg lines but the bagginess of his pants bothers me a bit :p

GF2445

Record Breaker
Finally got the chance to watch the 4cc, and I guess it could have been worse.:confused2:

Did Brendan change his FS? Wasn't he doing Rach 2 just last month? Seems a bit awkward to change this late in the season. Also Brendan should ask Joshua Farris for pants advice. He has great posture and nice leg lines but the bagginess of his pants bothers me a bit :p

Speaki g about a skater who has good choreography like Joshua, i feel like Brendan needs to work on that second mark!! Lots of crossovers.....
Amd yeah those pants....needs to appear to be more streamlined to extend the lines more.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I can confirm that our Jnr. World Reps are James Min and Kailani Craine.

Brendan will be going to Worlds for sure.
No word about worlds still for the ladies still though. Let me do some research.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Did Brendan change his FS? Wasn't he doing Rach 2 just last month? Seems a bit awkward to change this late in the season.

Yes. This is the second year in a row he's changed out a perfectly good LP for the French Waiter one. (Last year was Gangster Squad, but he did change it out a lot earlier last season, and did the French Waiter at Nationals.) I can't help but think the last minute change - he did Rach 2 at Nationals - didn't help with his timing or anything in the LP.

I can confirm that our Jnr. World Reps are James Min and Kailani Craine.

Brendan will be going to Worlds for sure.
No word about worlds still for the ladies still though. Let me do some research.

Hmmmmm. Before 4CCs I would have said this was easy: Kailani goes to JW, Brooklee goes to Worlds. But if Brooklee is injured or having other problems.... *worries*

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
Brooklee started to get very ill on the flight to Seoul before Four Continents. She was sick and coughing for most of the week, found it very difficult to sleep, even harder to get through her routines in practice, and was in fact on antibiotics the entire time she was there. Instead of withdrawing, she decided to compete simply for the points, irrespective of the outcome.

I admire her fortitude under such difficult circumstances, and wish her a swift recovery.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Brooklee started to get very ill on the flight to Seoul before Four Continents. She was sick and coughing for most of the week, found it very difficult to sleep, even harder to get through her routines in practice, and was in fact on antibiotics the entire time she was there. Instead of withdrawing, she decided to compete simply for the points, irrespective of the outcome.

I admire her fortitude under such difficult circumstances, and wish her a swift recovery.

Wow. I did not know that. Thanks for sharing because we were all worried about her. I hope she gets well.

So brave to skate very sick. Im sort of sorry that i got worried for her!
Now that i know, i will delete my previous post, as its not helpful.
Thanks for the update essence_of_soy

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Oh, poor Brooklee. I had wondered if she was ill or injured because the performance was just so unlike her!

I hope she rests up well and feels better soon. (And of course she's tough and gritty, she's an Aussie! ;) )

GF2445

Record Breaker
In case you're wondering the meaning of the "where's my backflip?" comment: cover your eyes as brendan attempts to break himself

:jaw:

Also, junior worlds are on this week.
Kailani and James are competing.

I hope Kailani has a top 20 finish. She is more than capable of achieving that. If possible, make it to the second to last group in the free skate.

James is the youngest competitor in the mens competition. There isnt a great chance that he will make the free skate , so i hope that he will receive a big PB for his short program- which is lovely to watch.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Good Luck to Kailani and James.

Kailani sits in 18th place with a score a shade below her SB. Looking for a stronger free skate- near 100 points.
There are alot of skaters who scored similarly to her, so she has a chance to move up ALOT of placements, if she skates with great confidence.

For James, I hope he skates his best and get a SB score to finish his season. He is one of the youngest competitors and his scores sadly do not put him in sight of the top 24, but what an accomplishment to make Jnr. Worlds in your first season as a junior.

Last edited:

Baxel

Rinkside
It's a great start for James. He will learn so much and remarkable that he qualified. He has at least five years left in juniors. I hope he lets loose and goes for it tonight and is happy with how he skates.

GF2445

Record Breaker
James left nothing wanting on the ice today. Ambitious program with big reward. As of now, he wont finish lower than 33rd. Hopefully, he might move up higher.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
It's a great start for James. He will learn so much and remarkable that he qualified. He has at least five years left in juniors. I hope he lets loose and goes for it tonight and is happy with how he skates.

What impresses me about James is he has innate musical understanding and an excellent level of performance for one so young. He has a very bright future indeed.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Some big congratulations are in order.

Firstly, A big thumbs up to Kailani for finishing in 16th place overall. She has really pushed herself technically. I am looking forward to seeing how she improves her triples to get them around. She is also a lovely spinner.

And Secondly, another congratulations for James Min. Despite not making it to the Free Skate, his performance definitely brought the sleepy crowd in Tallinn back to life. So many of the skaters before him skated cautious or uninspiring programs and James skated with great confidence, pushing himself to get a triple lutz out instead of the safer doulbe lutz. I really enjoy that his step sequence is integrated into the program (instead of telegraphed) and has so much speed, flow and utilises the ice surface. As he grows, he will get bigger jumps and his spins will become faster.

Last edited: