Australian figure skaters | Page 59 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

Horseandpony

Rinkside
If you guys want, I can upload my video of Kailani's first program to YouTube. Of course you'll have to deal with my dodgy videotaping skills and me screaming "Whoo!!!" Into the camera. :p

GF2445

Record Breaker
Hollins Trophy is currently taking place! Results here: http://www.nswisa.com/results/live/index.htm

Kailani skated her SP in Junior and Senior tonight - skated clean in Junior, and went for a 3Lz+3Lo in her Senior program!! The loop was << but still awesome to see her going for it.

Very pleased to see.
This year, ISA have made the Hollins Trophy and Wintersun as the 2 events if you want to qualify for the national team.
Very happy to see Kailani maintaining high scores.
Very please to see that James is doing triples
I am also happy to see that Holly Harris is doing a solid job in the novice ladies.

Firthermore, nice to see that they are holdong ice dance events in alot of levels. Even though most only have one dance team a division, its nice to see

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Penrith Ice Palace is quite a nice rink, I've been there before. It's colourful too.

There's also a Quest hotel practically right next to it, but that'll sell out quick, especially on the synchro days. The good part about Nationals' timing is that there won't be any events on at the stadium which is nearby. I know they had issues when Hollins was held there with judges getting stuck in Penrith Panthers game-day traffic.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Belated News from the Australian Winter Institute of Sport FB page. Congratulations Cheltzie.

Congratulations to former OWIA athletes and Australian Olympic Team members Cheltzie Lee & Sam Hall (snowboarding) on the announcement of their engagement!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Time to go digging: when was the last time we had a man on the Senior GP?

So excited for Brendan! :yay:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Anthony Liu- thats more than a decade ago

Yeah, it's been a long time...I still remember Anthony Liu coming 10th at Salt Lake City - it was like "No way an Aussie in the top ten?!"

So exciting for Brendan! Hope all goes well at Skate America for him! :cheer:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Yeah, it's been a long time...I still remember Anthony Liu coming 10th at Salt Lake City - it was like "No way an Aussie in the top ten?!"

So exciting for Brendan! Hope all goes well at Skate America for him! :cheer:

Your caption under your user name
'Team Plushy for 2054 Olympics' :laugh2::rofl:

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
Alaine Chartrand and Han will probably go 1-2. I'm ashamed to say I haven't heard of the other skaters competing in the senior ladies' division at all.

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Brendan lands a quad with a brand new pair of boots and blades. He must have Plushy Power.

Its on his instagram page. @br3ndan_