Australian figure skaters | Page 65 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
Kailani is certainly getting a great deal of hype compared to others who are actually achieving better results. Senior ladies will be very interesting!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love me some Kailani hype though. :love: She and Brooklee are getting about the same results internationally (between 6th and 8th in general) and though three years younger, Kailani's personal best (at junior level) is only about four points lower than Brooklee's personal best at senior level. I think people see a lot of potential for her, hence the "hype" (I say publicity, it's a little less polarizing a term).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, come on guys, let's not do this again...there are other little skating countries out there that would LOVE to have the depth of talent and excitement out skaters can generate, they must be shaking their heads watching people bicker.

We are so very lucky to have both Brooklee and Kailani.

I am happily imagining all the excitement Team Australia will generate at Four Continents this year, with Brooklee and Kailani, and Brendan and Andrew...and I have no doubt that Andrew will not have to worry about unfair cuts after the short program this year.

iskate

On the Ice
https://www.gofundme.com/xu73pw58

GoFundMe page for Lucette, she's in Novice and has been given the opportunity to represent Aus in Poland & Romania. I'm sure she would appreciate even a small donation, and in return we get to see a pretty awesome Australian skater out there representing us. No Victorian singles skater has been nominated for international comps in a long time.

(I hope this doesn't violate any T&C or anything, trying to spread this far and wide to get Victorian figure skating out there :cheer:)

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
Great to see Chantal back but curious as to why this comp? She is not the only one - Amelia Sadler and Amelia Jackson both listed at Golden Bear with 45 Junior skaters. Maybe for WYOG ??

GF2445

Record Breaker
Great to see Chantal back but curious as to why this comp? She is not the only one - Amelia Sadler and Amelia Jackson both listed at Golden Bear with 45 Junior skaters. Maybe for WYOG ??

I just want to see Chantelle happy and healthy again. She's been plagued with injury!
Hope she will skate well so she can regain some confidence.
Skate for herself.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Perhaps Chantelle and the Amelias would rather be in competition rhythm right before Nationals? :)

Only one week to go! I hope lots of people will attend!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Congratulations to Chantelle who won the bronze medal at the Open d'Andorra on the weekend!

Results/protocols etc are here.

EDIT: And what a couple of days for the Kerry family - Brendan's trip home for Nationals comes with an inbuilt stopover at NHK!

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Chantelle who won the bronze medal at the Open d'Andorra on the weekend!

Results/protocols etc are here.

EDIT: And what a couple of days for the Kerry family - Brendan's trip home for Nationals comes with an inbuilt stopover at NHK!

Chantelle is coming back on the mend!
She also made the TES minimum for the SP at four continents. Hopefully she will be able to go to another competition in January to get the 36 minimum TES.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Chantelle is coming back on the mend!
She also made the TES minimum for the SP at four continents. Hopefully she will be able to go to another competition in January to get the 36 minimum TES.

Oh, great pickup! I hadn't been paying attention to the TES minimums. Wow, could it be that we could have three ladies at 4CCs? Is that allowed, for us?

EDIT:

Just did the time zone conversions for the men's at NHK. AEDT as usual.

Brendan will skate first in the SP.

Friday 27th November - 1810-1945

Saturday 28th November - 1830-2025

On in prime time! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice

GF2445

Record Breaker
aussieSKATES: Figure Skating DownUnder will be writing practice reports and posting daily recaps on site at the 2015/16 Australian Championships from Monday November 30 - Friday December 4. We will be covering singles, pairs and dance in the novice, junior and senior divisions.

Join us on Facebook and at our website.

https://www.facebook.com/aussieSKATES-Figure-Skating-Downunder-278036295924/?fref=nf

http://aussieskates.com/events.html

:yahoo:
Thankyou.

I was hoping to come and watch the action this year but im going away up the coast next week (bummer)
So im looking forward to your updates.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
aussieSKATES: Figure Skating DownUnder will be writing practice reports and posting daily recaps on site at the 2015/16 Australian Championships from Monday November 30 - Friday December 4. We will be covering singles, pairs and dance in the novice, junior and senior divisions.

Join us on Facebook and at our website.

https://www.facebook.com/aussieSKATES-Figure-Skating-Downunder-278036295924/?fref=nf

:yahoo:

I was hoping to come and watch the action this year but im going away up the coast next week (bummer)
So im looking forward to your updates.

Aww, I'm sorry you can't come. I hope you have a good time on the coast, at least! :console:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
These people, I presume:

Here is their contact info:

Contact Us
If you have any information, news, photos or articles you would like linked to this site, please get in touch via [email protected].
Remember to include the word "aussieskates" in the subject heading of your message.

No information or images contained herein may be reproduced without aussieSKATES’ express written permission. All photography is shot by Susan D. Russell unless otherwise mentioned.
All content is the property of aussieSKATES: Figure Skating Downunder - Copyright © 1999 - 2015. Design & layout by Nick Pilgrim Graphic Design - Copyright © 2015.

Last edited: