Australian figure skaters | Page 78 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
After seeing Harley and his new partner regularly train they will be the ones to beat anyway. I hope you are right about Craine but she has not done that well except for that LP score at 4CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you're right that Harley and his Russian partner will be the team to beat. I've only seen a few videos but they have some good elements.

I think now that Kailani will solely be focused on Senior this upcoming season that we might see some more impressive scores. She just needs to consistently get those jumps around. She clearly is more of a long program skater than a short. Her base value is not high enough in a short without a clean triple-triple combination. I hope she is working on the 3T in the off season cause she really needs it. If she could do a clean 3F+3T or even 3S+3T in the short it would be fantastic for her score

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
I think you're right that Harley and his Russian partner will be the team to beat. I've only seen a few videos but they have some good elements.

I think now that Kailani will solely be focused on Senior this upcoming season that we might see some more impressive scores. She just needs to consistently get those jumps around. She clearly is more of a long program skater than a short. Her base value is not high enough in a short without a clean triple-triple combination. I hope she is working on the 3T in the off season cause she really needs it. If she could do a clean 3F+3T or even 3S+3T in the short it would be fantastic for her score

According to Craine's statement on the ISA Facebook Page following the world championships, my understanding is that she is going to re-introduce the triple lutz / triple loop into her short program for next season.

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
According to Craine's statement on the ISA Facebook Page following the world championships, my understanding is that she is going to re-introduce the triple lutz / triple loop into her short program for next season.

I think this would be a bad move tbh. It's very rare that we ever see someone do clean 3-3 combination with a loop. And often they may look clean up close, but this element is done on more of a curve so it is often mistaken as under-rotated. Her Lutz is also not her best element with the "e" she has.... Imo she should be working towards a 3f+3t and a 3lo for short program and atleast a 2A+3T for long program. Kailani has always been fearless and ambitious but I think the chances of her doing clean 3lz+3Lo in senior competitions is very slim.

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice
I think this would be a bad move tbh. It's very rare that we ever see someone do clean 3-3 combination with a loop. And often they may look clean up close, but this element is done on more of a curve so it is often mistaken as under-rotated. Her Lutz is also not her best element with the "e" she has.... Imo she should be working towards a 3f+3t and a 3lo for short program and atleast a 2A+3T for long program. Kailani has always been fearless and ambitious but I think the chances of her doing clean 3lz+3Lo in senior competitions is very slim.

Craine has always had trouble with 3t and edge issues will be difficult to rectify

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
There was an update on Ashley Cain in that she will be skating pairs with Tim LeDuc.

No mention was made as to whether she would continue to skate singles, or relocate her competitive status to Australia.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
There was an update on Ashley Cain in that she will be skating pairs with Tim LeDuc.

No mention was made as to whether she would continue to skate singles, or relocate her competitive status to Australia.

Ashley Cain indicated that she and LeDuc will be skating for the U.S.

And she did say that she would continue to skate singles.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
Ashley Cain indicated that she and LeDuc will be skating for the U.S.

And she did say that she would continue to skate singles.

Thank you for clarifying. The announcement on her Facebook page did not mention these details.
Good to hear that Ashley will be continuing with singles' skating as well. I can't think of a high - level skater who did both since Meagan Duhamel a decade ago.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thank you for clarifying. The announcement on her Facebook page did not mention these details.
Good to hear that Ashley will be continuing with singles' skating as well. I can't think of a high - level skater who did both since Meagan Duhamel a decade ago.

Ashley's Instagram re pairing up with LeDuc mentioned @usfigureskating. And she said on Instagram that she would continue competing in singles skating.

(Plus ... within the last few days, she took part in the USFS STARS combine.)

Last edited:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Julianne Seguin, though she's still young.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

The current Junior World Champions in Pairs, Anna Dušková and Martin Bidař, are both currently competing in both Singles and Pairs.

In this year's Czech Championships, they both competed as singles skaters, with Anna finishing 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in the Ladies competition, and Martin finishing 4[SUP]th[/SUP] in the Men's competition. Anna was also the first substitute for the Czech team in Ladies skating at both Europeans and Worlds.

That said, in a recent interview for Golden Skate, Martin said that he was going to quit Singles, but Anna said that she is going to continue doing both.

Sorry for the excursion off-topic, but I am so proud of "my adoptive children". ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Who's excited for hollins ? Just saw the entry list

No Kailani or Brendan Kerry.

Senior men: 2x Dodds boys, mark Webster

Senior Ladies: Chantelle, Katie, Yancey and 2x Sarah

Senior pair: new team

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://sydneyfigureskatingclub.com/competitions/

Hollins Trophy announcement:
http://sydneyfigureskatingclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Hollins-Announcement-2016-5-16516.doc

I take it, that it is scheduled for 10th-13th June 2016?

I see that Jeremy Abbott will be doing a development camp in Sydney, Australia!

http://sydneyfigureskatingclub.com/event/wafsc-development-camp-presented-by-jeremy-abbott/

WAFSC Development camp presented by Jeremy Abbott

July 2 @ 8:00 am - July 5 @ 5:00 pm

Western Australia Figure Skating Club is organising a training camp with Jeremy Abbott. Interstate registrations open April 15th and spaces are limited.
The link for information is: http://wafsc.org/jeremy-abbott-development-camp-2016/
Any questions please contact the organising committee through [email protected]

Details

Start:July 2 @ 8:00 amEnd:July 5 @ 5:00 pm
Venue

Cockburn Ice Arena

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
http://sydneyfigureskatingclub.com/competitions/

Hollins Trophy announcement:
http://sydneyfigureskatingclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Hollins-Announcement-2016-5-16516.doc

I take it, that it is scheduled for 10th-13th June 2016?

I see that Jeremy Abbott will be doing a development camp in Sydney, Australia!

http://sydneyfigureskatingclub.com/event/wafsc-development-camp-presented-by-jeremy-abbott/

Yes, it is always held on the June long weekend.

I was just coming in here to post that Jeremy was to hold a seminar in WA! Had I the leave and the money I would certainly go.

Does anyone have a link to the entry list for Hollins? I can't seem to find it.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
^Hoping to get up for it, but it's a bit uncertain at this point. :/

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice
Yes very excited to see new pairs in competition. intetesting that many junior girls now only skating senior like Pasfield and Chan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk