Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just checking in...

Just checking in...

Hope you are all well and doing fine....
    I have my nose to the grindstone doing my summer trips.
    Just got back from a motorcycle trip to South West Canada (Kootenay Lake, Okanagon Lake), where I found the Canadians just as nice as they were in London.
    Less than two weeks now till I am back on the bike to the Reno Nat. Air Races...then I can get back on the board and have you fill me in on who is gonna do what
    this season at the rinks around the world....
    The old Coyote

Custom Title
    Chris, how good to hear from you! I was just thinking of you yesterday and wondering whether anyone had heard from you. Your motorcycle journeys sound delightful. We look forward to seeing you back on the boards. Plenty of news and predictions for you to enjoy when you return. Meanwhile, enjoy and stay safe!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Chris, I immediately thought of you when the link went up to the nice interview with Lynn & Logan went up on n.halifax's blog (in the Announcements folder)

We've had a busy summer ourselves!

Glad hear you two are bright eyed and bushy tailed....I on the other hand am running around like a chicken with my head cut off. My living room looks like a hand grenade went off in the camping dept of a sporting goods store...
    After Worlds, I have been to the Quigley shoot in eastern Montana....
    http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/Co...?sort=3&page=1

to a dog show with my wife in Redmond Or.

My friend Joe and I got on our bikes and went to the Honda Sport Touring Rally at Spearfish SD, and we saw Glacier NP and Yellowstone.

Then I drove to Oshkosh Wi. to see the EAA Fly in. (Biggest air show in the world)

And now I have returned from motorcycleing around southern Canada with my friend John...

Gotta check out the link to L and L...

Have fun, stay safe, and have a great summer!

The old coyote

Custom Title
    What wonderful photos, Chris. You got some great sunsets on film, and even a rainbow. I love that humongous tower of pizzas! Everyone looks to be having a fine time out there. I'm glad you have been having such an enjoyable summer. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Still haven't made it to Alaska! Must get there some time. One of my friends from the Spearfish rally left there and went to Alaska, came back south, and is now riding his bike around the four corners of the US. He is crazier than I am!
    http://ptarman1.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    What wonderful photos, Chris. You got some great sunsets on film, and even a rainbow. I love that humongous tower of pizzas! Everyone looks to be having a fine time out there. I'm glad you have been having such an enjoyable summer. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Custom Title
    Both online and in real life, you have very interesting friends, Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Still haven't made it to Alaska! Must get there some time. One of my friends from the Spearfish rally left there and went to Alaska, came back south, and is now riding his bike around the four corners of the US. He is crazier than I am!
    http://ptarman1.com/
    when you do make it up here, be sure to let me know and I will give you a "REAL ALASKA" tour instead of a tourist trap one.

Thanks for the offer! I think I would enjoy the cruise trip way to see the inland passage.....
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    when you do make it up here, be sure to let me know and I will give you a "REAL ALASKA" tour instead of a tourist trap one.

Thanks for the offer! I think I would enjoy the cruise trip way to see the inland passage.....
    Chris
    Ugh, you'd miss so much if you just did the cruise.

True! There is so much history and so much beauty. and good food!!!!..but that is true of most places.....regrettably, I am 64 and there is so little time left to see everything....the main thing is to "enjoy the ride" through life....

Custom Title
    True! There is so much history and so much beauty. and good food!!!!..but that is true of most places.....regrettably, I am 64 and there is so little time left to see everything....the main thing is to "enjoy the ride" through life....
    You seem to do a good job of seizing life with both hands, Chris.

I know, I've lived my entire 28 years here and I haven't seen half the state. That being said IF I were to do a trip to Alaska I'd not rely just on a cruise. Maybe take the Inside Passage, from Vancouver to Seward, and then travel the road system. It'd be 2-3 weeks, but WELL WORTH IT. The inside passage is one tourist trap after the other. The road system is more Alaskan, less stereotype.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The main reason to do the cruise (or at least some of one) is to see glaciers up close and personal from the ocean end. The biggest disappointment about the cruise is that nearly all the "cruising" takes place in the dark when you can't see the shore (and may be asleep). Also, the big ships can't make it through Wrangell Narrows

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    The main reason to do the cruise (or at least some of one) is to see glaciers up close and personal from the ocean end. The biggest disappointment about the cruise is that nearly all the "cruising" takes place in the dark when you can't see the shore (and may be asleep). Also, the big ships can't make it through Wrangell Narrows
    any more it seems they make it so that you don't see the glaciers up close without also purchasing an extra excursion for a smaller boat to take you out. :-/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast