Figure skating cars | Golden Skate

Figure skating cars

Is that the Russian one with the black and white cars? It is stupendous!

Does anyone recognize the skaters? Their skating was very simple, so it was hard to tell whether they are elite level.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Beautiful! :love: Thank you so much for posting.
So nice to see such a comforting video clip to end my day; a great supplement for my sleep, now a sweet dream is awaiting me for sure. Good night, everyone! :)

Cherryy

On the Ice
The skaters are Yana Kirichenko and Vladislav Druchunas, it was written in the video. They probably aren't elite skaters, if so their basic two-foot spin would be centered ;).

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Is that the Russian one with the black and white cars? It is stupendous!

Does anyone recognize the skaters? Their skating was very simple, so it was hard to tell whether they are elite level.

I doubt they were elite skaters their edges were weak and not very deep and they seemed to lack conviction with their movements and spins. Very disappointing. :)

But did you see how the black car held that deep outside edge? :)

Yes, that car would get +GOE.

Cheryy, thanks for the names of the skaters. I haven't mastered the Cyrillic alphabet; I can recognize Sergei Lemeshev's name in Russian, and that's about it. (An opera singer from the last century.)

The skaters' moves were so lacking in refinement that I thought they might be models who had been taught just enough skating to make the commercial, or perhaps models who had been hired because they'd done a bit of skating as young children. But the overall effect is delightful, isn't it? It's too bad they didn't use real skaters. That witty ad is a missed opportunity for publicity for the Russian federation. It's not as if real skaters are unattractive in front of the camera! Look at Volosozhar and Trankov, or just about any ice dancers.

conga

On the Ice
Love this concept, but I was so disappointed in the quality of the skating. I couldn't find anything about the skaters/actors. I want a remake with V/T or I/K :biggrin: