Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mao's new SP!!

mylastduchess

Mao's new SP!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTNTQ1OMeME

her jumps are not there yet, but her spins are much improved especially the layback and overall she looks like in good shape!

Delightful. Thanks.

Custom Title
    There were a lot of things that were lovely about this performance. It certainly suits her far better than the Masquerade Waltz in the previous cycle.

Her jumps were all shaky or dubious, but it's early, Mao has generally not been an early-season skater, and these were not competition conditions (lighting, etc.), so it's still too preliminary to make any serious judgments about that aspect.

Mao is going back to what she feels most comfortable with and what she does best, which, all in all, may be the right decision for her.

Custom Title
    How beautifully she skates to the music! I hope her jumps solidify, but in all other respects, this is a lovely program. Thanks for the link!

Custom Title
    Oh this is lovely. It reminds me of her Clair de Lune, actually, which was my favorite short of hers...

Beautiful! She is a ballerina on ice.

Oh my, gorgeous SP. Loved everything about it! GO Mao!!!!

Custom Title
    Agreed other than the jumps it shows her grace and lyrcism; she floats on ice awesome!

Custom Title
    This is a great SP for her! I don't think I've ever seen her so lyrical and displaying the nuances of the music so beautifully. When most SPs are something more aggressive or upbeat, it's nice to see something soft and elegant from her. If you compare it to her Masquerade Waltz, it speaks volumes as to how she's grown as a skater.

Also, while the jumps weren't perfect, it wasn't competition settings and early in the season, and the 3A looked fully rotated.

Custom Title
    Wow! Watching her this season is going to be a real treat!

To be honest, I've never been her fan, but this one I love, just suits her the music, and everything in it is good.

Some people might not consider this an "Olympic-caliber" program, but I don't care. It's so pretty and she is a vision performing it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Some people might not consider this an "Olympic-caliber" program, but I don't care. It's so pretty and she is a vision performing it.
    To me it is Olympic caliber... for Mao. I am so relieved that she didn't choose music like Bells of Moscow or Masquerade Waltz.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    To me it is Olympic caliber... for Mao. I am so relieved that she didn't choose music like Bells of Moscow or Masquerade Waltz.
    Definitely. I think had she chosen something heavy, it might just lower her already rising PCS scores from the judges. They seem to have rediscovered a love for her this past couple of seasons, since switching back to lighter programs. I mean, in her darkest days of dealing with jump issues, her PCS just went through the roof (relatively) and saved her. I think this sweetness will play to her advantage, not to mention, she seems to have been born to skate to Chopin. Not one of the current top ten ladies can serve up a Chopin programme and hold a candle to Mao in that respect.

I am getting more anxious to see her Rachmaninov though. It has both light and shade, and certainly a war horse. I want October to roll on already!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCzar View Post
    I am getting more anxious to see her Rachmaninov though. It has both light and shade, and certainly a war horse. I want October to roll on already!
    Lu Chen's skate to the piece that Mao chose for her LP is one of my all time favorite programs. It is also a great choice for Mao.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast