Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Mao's new SP!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightSkater View Post
    I don't think it's changed.... It's the same as I remembered it the first time I looked. Perhaps you had a delay between your computer and your speakers?
    No it isn't.

The original clip was clearly to a different pianist recording, slower, more emotional and expressive and the piano tone was sharper and crisper, almost to a studio quality with little static noise in the background, Mao's performance were off timing below her/Lori standard were all the reasons why I suspected what might have happened. This was proved correct and verified again when I compared the clips side by side BEFORE I posted my confirmation post less than 24 hours ago. Surely I am not the only who have done this to check for themselves? Now the music went back to the correct piano recording for the choreography ... mid pace, less expressive and more flow. Geez I wonder why Except surely I am not the only one who witnessed the original and knows the REAL truth.

I'd like to believe in the best of people, and hope this is nothing more than an innocent youtuber who just decided to correct piano recording, or that original poster might just decide to link to the correct clip to present the SP in better light. Otherwise I'd hate to imagine the alternative. It wouldn't do this sport, the skater or the fandom any good. 18.5k+ viewing and counting, witnesses aplenty. My conscious is clear, are yours?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    No it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    the first link to this new sp at 1:20s has a weird music cut. ....
    Oh my God, OS you are right. I watched the OP link again and I found that weird music cut now is actually in 1:22s. But the original weird music cut was in 1:20s as I posted in page 12. Somebody has changed the background music.

Custom Title
    No it isn't.

The original clip was clearly to a different pianist recording, slower, more emotional and expressive and the piano tone was sharper and crisper, almost to a studio quality with little static noise in the background, Mao's performance were off timing below her/Lori standard were all the reasons why I suspected what might have happened. This was proved correct and verified again when I compared the clips side by side BEFORE I posted my confirmation post less than 24 hours ago. Surely I am not the only who have done this to check for themselves? Now the music went back to the correct piano recording for the choreography ... mid pace, less expressive and more flow. Geez I wonder why Except surely I am not the only one who witnessed the original and knows the REAL truth.

I'd like to believe in the best of people, and hope this is nothing more than an innocent youtuber who just decided to correct piano recording, or that original poster might just decide to link to the correct clip to present the SP in better light. Otherwise I'd hate to imagine the alternative. It wouldn't do this sport, the skater or the fandom any good. 18.5k+ viewing and counting, witnesses aplenty. My conscious is clear, are yours?
    Oh, please....are you forreal?

Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    [And I can't believe someone actually brought up Takahashi in defense against the people doing the critiquing. That man, at his best, is not merely a masterful interpreter...he elevates the intersection of skating and music to a whole different artform.]
    Oh, how I love Daisuke Takahashi. He makes an average program look artistically excellent (re: any of his Morozov'd programs). It's like watching a movie on a widescreen TV (most everyone) vs. in theatres (him).

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightSkater View Post
    Whole post, talking about both the OP's link and yuki's link, with the usage of the word "borne," which somehow triggered memories of watching the 2007 adaptation of Persuasion.
    Whole post, ending with the question, "My [conscience] is clear, are yours?" Very dramatic. I can already hear it in Liam Neeson's voice.
    Whole post, agreeing with os168 again.
    Reading through what I've missed in this thread makes me want the GP series to come much sooner. Goodness gracious.

If we are all talking about the link in the OP's post (and not the second one with the purple and pink dress), I downloaded it with a program on August 29th. And because I was curious, I also downloaded it today, September 5th. Comparing these two files side by side, they are, in my opinion, the same clip. This is also what my internet history also suggests.

Also, both have annoying static sounds when played at high volume--but, I admit, it may just be my speakers.

Can people really re-upload a clip on YouTube under the same link? I would actually like to know the question because I'd like to reupload one of my videos and it would be interesting if I could do so.

Guys, really, it's just a video. Though, I'm sure that most of you in this thread would be such excellent witnesses should a crime ever occur in front of you.

(Have a nice day, everyone. )

Custom Title
    No it isn't.

Completely clear, my dear, though it might explain our very opposite original reactions to the program if you'd somehow seen, or heard, something different than I had.

Custard Title
    What is "the alternative?" I'm genuinely curious. If it's correcting an error, what's suspicious about the whole thing?

Edit: I just went back and rewatched the link the OP. Is that the one you say has changed? I honestly don't notice a difference from the last time, and it is certainly not the "correct piano recording," assuming that the version from The Ice's Youtube channel is correct. The OP's linked video still lacks the awkward skip occurring at, as yyyskate says, around 1:40 in the version from The Ice's channel.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    whole post
    just to be clear, all my judgment came from the comparison of the weird music cut I documented (I might be wrong, but unlikely, since usually I am pretty accurate about music timing). Personally, I dont remember the original music, how it sounds like etc. since OS raise the question, so I check it ,that's all.

Custard Title
    just to be clear, all my judgment came from the comparison of the weird music cut I documented (I might be wrong, but unlikely, since usually I am pretty accurate about music timing). Personally, I dont remember the original music, how it sounds like etc. since OS raise the question, so I check it ,that's all.
    I don't think it's changed - you said the 2nd skip was "around" 1:40 so who's to say 1:20 wasn't an approximate time as well? And I find the whole music cut decision quite strange - why repeat a phrase if you need to cut short the first theme's restatement 20 seconds later anyway?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    I don't think it's changed - you said the 2nd skip was "around" 1:40 so who's to say 1:20 wasn't an approximate time as well? And I find the whole music cut decision quite strange - why repeat a phrase if you need to cut short the first theme's restatement 20 seconds later anyway?
    IIRC, I put "around” in 1:40s is because, I was kinda lazy to check again for the second link (my point there is to point out the music cut is different), so I INTENTIONALLY add "around". But for 1:20s, I am pretty sure, I checked more than once.
    Well, maybe, I am wrong, but all these discussion is pointless anyway. As long as we all know, Mao's new SP is still a work in progress, a lot things may change, perhaps even music cut.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    It doesn't mean much. I'm just saying she should skate better. Maybe attempting an easier layout would help because this is an exhibition, anyway.

Many fans are , indeed, disappointed when their skater has the significant problems she had with her jumps in this performance. When a performer goes on stage for the public he or she needs to be ready. No singer, especially an opera one, or actor, or an athlete in some other sport would get away with this without criticism. They might even be the recipient of boo's.
    Even the great Henie was known to have been boo'd when she gave less than a stellar performance.

Custom Title
    Every skater at Mao's level I suspect, given today's music engineering technology, is doing everything they can to optimize the music they use for competitive performance. Long gone are the days when someone merely had to choose the performer whose tempo sort of best fit the dynamics of one's skating. Everything can and frankly should be manipulated to best meet the artistic and athletic balance of a competitive program. Those who are not doing this, are probably not using all the competitive tools available to them.

Banned
    This new SP for Mao will not do her any favors in competition, I'm afraid. The best Mao can hope for is a Bronze medal.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14