Ladies FS JGP Riga Cup 2013 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS JGP Riga Cup 2013

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Loving Sotskova. Thre is just something about her style of skating that I really enjoy. And am I really the only one who is in love with her costume for FS? Loved it already last season, glad she kept it.
As for Medvedeva. What a lovely little girl. Such joy to watch!

bluesky85

On the Ice
These are just my prediction, but I think the top 3 from this competition will go to the final. Also Seraphima Sakhanovich and Polina Edmunds will most likely to go. Ogoreltseva, Proklova, Miller or Hae-jin Kim will probably take the remaining spot. Too many good skaters for limited spot!! Is Wang or Hicks competing in the junior circuit as well...??

bluesky85

On the Ice
These are just my prediction, but I think the top 3 from this competition will go to the final. Also Seraphima Sakhanovich and Polina Edmunds will most likely to go. Ogoreltseva, Proklova, Miller or Hae-jin Kim will probably take the remaining spot. Too many good skaters for limited spot!! Is Wang or Hicks competing in the junior circuit as well...??

Oops, I forgot Kayumova and Julia Li...

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
just noticed in the protocols that Chartrand was the only lady in the FS that got level 4 for her step sequence

Finnstep

Final Flight

Wang is assigned to JGP in Poland. (Entry list for JGP Poland:http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028001.htm)

IleK

On the Ice
just noticed in the protocols that Chartrand was the only lady in the FS that got level 4 for her step sequence
And she really deserve it. Her program and performance really stood out from the rest. She was just amazing, I noticed her last year but this year she made real progress. The best of everything was Evghenia but as it was said, being in her firs junior year, there is room to improve. I think her jumps looked fine, good entrance, good flow and landing.
Karen had a very nice performance, too bad about the UR, as I was saying I don't trust her body type and it's not good that she already has this kind of problems. I am afraid she will not resist until seniors. But that speed across the ice is amazing.
Maria S disappointed me. I almost didn't recognize her after seeing her skate yesterday. The most boring program I 've ever seen. What was that music? I almost couldn't hear it. And the costume really didn't do her justice. She looked amazing yesterday.
As for Liubov... she probably felt the pressure of being close to the podium. Otherwise nice costume and interesting music.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Medvedeva: :love: I really liked the program artistically, and I actually think that her jumps are better (in height and technique) than Lipnitskaya's for example...

No she does not
Julia has better flow on her jumps and her landings are secure except for the 2A
she gets fast rotation and Julia's jumps are bigger than Medvedeva

what happened to Karen ? shame about Sotskova's fall but
I guess Medvedeva was going to win as she usually is a good freeskater than Sotskova doing a clean FS

Finnstep

Final Flight
what happened to Karen ? shame about Sotskova's fall but
I guess Medvedeva was going to win as she usually is a good freeskater than Sotskova doing a clean FS

Chen seemed nervous, especially at the second half of her program. She was rushing through all of her planned elements.

enzet

On the Ice
Not to mention the skater herself is pretty small and had good runout out of her jumps. I didn't nnotice about the transitions into them, so someone else can comment on that. I see no reason why her jumps should get negative GOE. I don't even think they're that small, actually.

Same here. I think her jumps are ok and look much better to me than Sotskova's for example. Judging from the FS videos.

Scout

Final Flight
Alaine has been having a good season. Either she, Gabrielle or Julianne may break Meagan Duhamel's 2004 record of the highest junior score from a Canadian lady of 152.40.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Alaine has been having a good season. Either she, Gabrielle or Julianne may break Meagan Duhamel's 2004 record of the highest junior score from a Canadian lady of 152.40.

Totally agree, but even so skate canada is not sending her to skate canada, they gave the tba place to veronik mallet.. !!

oleada

Record Breaker
Totally agree, but even so skate canada is not sending her to skate canada, they gave the tba place to veronik mallet.. !!

Alaine can't do both the JGP and the SGP. Given her jump issues and the fact that the PCS isn't great yet, the JGP may not be a bad place for her.