Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pairs FS JGP Riga Cup 2013

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Yu has got some skary jump technique, but she finally looks more grown-up. Honestly, I think they should be on SGP now. I know they need to improve artistically but they just look out of place here, Jin looks so much older than the other guys and their elements are strong enough to compete on the real GP, plus their lines and synchronicity have improved since last season. Sure, maybe they would not be winning a bunch of medals in seniors but they should compete there anyways, they would certainly be able to hold their own and with Sui/Han injured (and not as good IMO - save for the 4twist and 4sal), this pair could use the exposure.

I thought V/Z should have been 2nd. 2flip sure but everything they did was to a much higher standard and they were a lot more polished than T/M..

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Yu has got some skary jump technique, but she finally looks more grown-up. Honestly, I think they should be on SGP now. I know they need to improve artistically but they just look out of place here, Jin looks so much older than the other guys and their elements are strong enough to compete on the real GP, plus their lines and synchronicity have improved since last season. Sure, maybe they would not be winning a bunch of medals in seniors but they should compete there anyways, they would certainly be able to hold their own and with Sui/Han injured (and not as good IMO - save for the 4twist and 4sal), this pair could use the exposure.

I thought V/Z should have been 2nd. 2flip sure but everything they did was to a much higher standard and they were a lot more polished than T/M..
    They actually tried the GP a couple of seasons ago (when they could compete in both Junior and Senior GPs), they were skating clean programs but placed just 6th and 7th because of LOW PCS despite the high TES (in Canada for example they received a 64 TES and a 44 PCS...), so I think that now they're waiting for V/T, S/S, K/S, P/T etc. to retire after Sochi...

Custom Title
    Thanks, you are right. I forgot that pairs weren't allowed to do both JGP and GP anymore, otherwise I'm sure they would be doing both now. Yu/Jin have improved in the past couple of seasons, but the pairs field is really deep now so maybe by postponing their move to seniors until next season, they will be able to have more of an immediate impact due to all the retirees.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2