Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Men FS JGP Riga Cup 2013

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Not to worry. We don't want him to peak now cos he still has nebelhorn next month.
    True...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Russia has 3 talented 14 year olds
    Pitkeev, Samarin and Petrov

at least that bodes well if Kovtun/Gachinski dont live up to their hypes
    True. There is a lot of potential in those three! Of course looking over the protocol pitkeev had tons help here! Jin with a three jump combo and a jump sequence which got invalidated because you can't do both! Pitkeev still showed real growth as a skater.

Custom Title
    Boyang JIN wins with an invalid element: he had two 3-jump combination

Tripping on the Podium
    Seems Michael is still injured but still went on to skate. Too bad about the chance but he did his best during the circumstances. Lucky he didn't end up like the other one who withdrew. This was his FB post a while ago:

I almost withdrew in the Freeskate this afternoon. It was a real struggle to land my jumps & skate. My ankle was swollen again after 2 days additional practices.
    Thanks to the medical staff of the Latvian Federation for “fixing” my ankle just before my event. Although was still painful, but they helped me get through w/ my program...

Custom Title
    Jin grew and improved his components a lot since last season. Also I assumed the 2s at the beginning is meant to be a 4s? Amazing that at just 15 he can already do 3a, 4t, and 4s! Not to mention the 3a and 4t are already pretty consistent and of excellent quality!

Is Shoma Uno going to continue to grow much or is he just very, very small? I feel like his technical content and low jumps will always hold him back, but I feel like it will be hard for him to get the big elements if he stays so tiny. His skating and presentation are so wonderful, so I really want him to succeed, but 150 cm at age 15 almost 16? That is a bit concerning. By that age, most boys have started to shoot up

mylastduchess
    Michael Martinez almost withdrew because of an ankle injury, worse news is that he said a Mexican ( he probably meant Brazilian) fractured his foot and was sent to the hospital, I'm assuming its Manella. Feel so sad for him

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    Michael Martinez almost withdrew because of an ankle injury, worse news is that he said a Mexican ( he probably meant Brazilian) fractured his foot and was sent to the hospital, I'm assuming its Manella. Feel so sad for him
    Manella withdrew, so it's him.

Banned
    anyone know Adian's FS music ?
    I think Yagudin has used it or was that from Peter Pan ?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    anyone know Adian's FS music ?
    I think Yagudin has used it or was that from Peter Pan ?
    Not Yagudin - Plushy. That's the Tribute to Nijinsky music.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3