Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013

Banned
    Yuzuru's only problem is his stamina as the season goes
    but if he keeps his momentum until Sochi, OGM is his for the taking

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy
    I would have also expected him to "sell" the skate a bit more considering it's re-used and he should be comfortable with it.
    He isn't reusing an old program. It's a Romeo and Juliet OST too, but the music is different, from a different composer, and the LP was created completly new.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly
    isn't that double standard when they are basically they are almost of the same age
    Radionova is about one year younger. And yes, that makes a difference - look at how different most people view Julia from last year.

Tripping on the Podium
    Last year that program was amazing at Sectionals! Especially the level 4 STSQ that was so with the music! But unfortunately most events Vanessa cannot handle pressure of being near the top.

Custom Title
    I would have never imagine to like «Malaguena» program after Sasha Cohen ones, but Elizaveta make this music justice

I was not a fan of Liza before, but this season, I like her program and her expression and I would like to see her at Sochi, she deserved it. Great choice of music from her and great improvement in artistry ability

In other side, I was a great fan of Mirai Nagasu before with her personnality and joy of skating and I don't like her skating now because she looks like a zombie in her expression. I begin to think that she doesn't deserve a place to Sochi if she doesn't change her attitude, I would prefer rooting for someone like Caroline Zhang who continue to make her soul and her joy to this sport.

Suzuki didn't plan the 1Lo+salchow combo: in practice she did 3F+2T+2Lo and this is what she's planning I think, today the flip's landing was shaky so she added the 1Lo in order to have a combo there and avoid a step-out...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Julia

robbed on PCS !!! 59 behind Tuk that is a joke
    Julia deserves 60+ PCS
    Tuk interpreted her music really well and she had a good programme. In my opinion she deserved the PCS she got and so did Julia...

Custom Title
    Mirai - low expectations - -
    I am excited for her this season. This is a recipe for success - decent results = snooze. unjust scores - 2010 fs at olympics.

Custom Title
    Is it mean that I just want to take a pair of scissors to Yuzuru Hanyu's Pooh bear? Its way past the stage of being cute...

Custom Title
    I think Julia is noticeably taller than last year. Her steps are not that great, similar level to other top Russian girls competing at JGP. She was also traveling significantly in her final spin. She is very flexible, but she does not have the strength of Liza and Sotnikova. She benefited greatly from her choice of sad music, and pretty looking lean well proportioned figure overall.
    Glad to see Liza looks slimmer now, and her presentation and spins are also better. She seems to have great joy performing here. Akiku's LP is not good as I expected, especially the music and choreography.

Banned
    I will give credit Tuk improved her ice coverage and she got a little thinner
    but not that much, she looks thinner mostly because of her black tights and black dress

a little more weight loss wont hurt and will improve her jumps
    hope she continues to lose more weight leading to the Olympics

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I will give credit Tuk improved her ice coverage and she got a little thinner
    but not that much, she looks thinner mostly because of her black tights and black dress

a little more weight loss wont hurt and will improve her jumps
    hope she continues to lose more weight leading to the Olympics
    Huh???

Tuktamysheva looks perfectly fine. She is very tiny when you see her live.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Huh???

Tuktamysheva looks perfectly fine. She is very tiny when you see her live.
    but her body frame is not
    she lost weight but she needs to lose more it will help how she looks from the camera and with the spring on her jumps like in her 2011

Custom Title
    Wow, Julia Lipnitskaia, now I remember this name. The Russian baby is for real now. She's very adorable and does she have bones in her waist? Those spiral and spin position are just insane! That was no longer a Baileman spin/position, that was a upright split spin/spiral which I don't think anybody else had ever done, not even Cohen who was famous for her spin/spiral positions. I think they should be named after Julia Lipniskaia, how about JuLi spin/spiral ? Jolie

Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    MEN'S FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Yuzuru HANYU (JPN) - 265.59 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    2. Sergei VORONOV (RUS) - 241.37 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    3. Artur GACHINSKI (RUS) - 212.90 Free Skate,
    4. Richard DORNBUSH (USA) - 206.71 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    5. Jorik HENDRICKX (BEL) - 199.75 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    6. Douglas RAZZANO (USA) - 199.31 Free Skate
    7. Maciej CIEPLUCHA (POL) - 197.51
    8. Kento NAKAMURA (JPN) - 192.53 Free Skate

LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS) - 191.31 Free Skate
    2. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 180.54 Free Skate
    3. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 173.45 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    4. Mirai NAGASU (USA) - 164.51 Free Skate
    5. Vanessa LAM (USA) - 152.28
    6. Isabelle OLSSON (SWE) - 150.45 Free Skate
    7. Juulia TURKKILA (FIN) - 129.73 Free Skate
    8. Risa SHOJI (JPN) - 124.90 Free Skate, 2nd Copy

looks like Julia and Tuk will make the olympic team,sorry adelina...well Lisa really developed her skating this summer,her spins look good lvl 4,even for the Lsp,steps and artistically a lot,jumps are there and she lost some weight too...well done girl!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post
    Wow, Julia Lipnitskaia, now I remember this name. The Russian baby is for real now. She's very adorable and does she have bones in her waist? Those spiral and spin position are just insane! That was no longer a Baileman spin/position, that was a upright split spin/spiral which I don't think anybody else had ever done, not even Cohen who was famous for her spin/spiral positions. I think they should be named after Julia Lipniskaia, how about JuLi spin/spiral ? Jolie
    in Japan media they are calling it the Candle Spin, lol

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast