Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I think it's more like USFSA wants Courtney to win gold at a sr B this year. They are probably going to give her either challenge cup or coupe de nice, depending on whichever Alissa wants first. Both of those senior Bs are during the GP season and top skaters won't be attending. Courtney would have a great chance at the full 250 ranking points. In such a deep field in Finlandia, she might not have gotten any points, and every senior B is important for the us skaters now that there are so many seniors.
Challenge Cup is usually before Worlds in The Hague, isn't it?

IleK

On the Ice
Challenge Cup is usually before Worlds in The Hague, isn't it?

Yes, Alissa competed there before her disastrous performance at Worlds. Many figure skating use it as a test competition before worlds. Carolina also competed there the same year with Alissa. For Alissa it was a clear sign that something was wrong.
It will take place on 5-9 March 2014 and Worlds will be on 24-30 March.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm guessing icellist might be referring to Ice Challenge, which is held in Graz in November.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Sara do you happen to have info on live streams? I know theres a finish channel who wil broadcast live right?

Sara

On the Ice
At least last year there was live stream (not the entire event, but most parts of it) through the Finnish TV company Yle and it wasn't geoblocked. I'm not sure how it will be this year. Most likely Yle will provide live broadcast again. http://areena.yle.fi/tv/ ("suorat lähetykset" on the lower right side means live broadcasting, you can check from there when the event starts).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
they will compete in Ice Star Minsk
luckily its nothing serious, just a sprained ankle of Soloviev

lcd

Match Penalty
Hope Soloviev's injury is not serious and that he is able to make a full recovery. If they are currently planning (if this is correct) to compete at another event already, I will take that as reassuring.

Excited to see the full Free dance for Virtue and Moir. The fans in Finland must have been so disappointed when they had to withdraw last year. They will clearly help "make" this event.

Sara

On the Ice
I just called to the broadcasting company YLE where they said that you can watch the competition live also outside Finland! :) (don't kill me if they decide otherwise on the last minute ;) This concerns the programme of Saturday and Sunday so unfortunately we cannot watch ice dance (short dance) live on Friday. Anyway, you can find the livestream here: http://areena.yle.fi/tv/suora#webcastlist Finlandia Trophy is already listed there for Saturday ("Lauantaina 5.10.2013") at 13.35-21.00 and for Sunday ("Sunnuntaina 6.10.2013") at 13.00-18.45.

If the link doesn't work go to the main page of YLE and click "suorat lähetykset" (http://areena.yle.fi/tv). :)